Cabin28 Forum IndexCabin28
Cabin 28, The Keddie Murders
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
                Calendar

To the skeptics: Keep Asking Questions and here's why.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cabin28 Forum Index -> Cabin 28
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: To the skeptics: Keep Asking Questions and here's why. Reply with quote

I myself have enough feelers out and am satisfied that I will know one way or the other within the week.

But here's why you should keep independently investigating.

Go to Google. Type in : Titanic film at eleven

You will see that the first on the list is the well regarded site Snopes, that trys to sort fact from fiction. Click on that link.

Yes it's true. Unbelievable but true. Go to the bottom of the page and click on the IMDB link next, and....crazy as it sounds ...yes indeed it's on IMDB.

Next go to the Additional Information link.

Then return to the IMDB page and scan your browser.
Back to top
 
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did what you said to do but I must being missing something. What was supposed to happen?
Back to top
 
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I did what you said to do but I must being missing something. What was supposed to happen?


The Additional Information page explains it all. Then if you go back and look at the IMDB page, you see that it is not really an IMDB page.
Back to top
 
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically what they do is show you a TRUE story....and then create the fake Poseidon Adventure IMDB page, and then show it all to be a hoax, and explain the importance of independent investigation.
Back to top
 
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok I got it right then I just wanted to make sure.
Back to top
 
Kate




Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 9





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your point and I appreciate how dedicated you are to uncovering the "truth," but the fact of the matter is there is way too much evidence out there (newspaper reports, obits, references of this case in articles about similar cases) to be a hoax. Well, that's my opinion anyway. But I suspect you will find that out when you hear back from your sources.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Valley Flyer




Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 916

Location: Sacramento



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who would consider this story a hoax has a few screws loose.

OR THEY HAVE AN AGENDA. That's if they know how to spell the word....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate wrote:
I understand your point and I appreciate how dedicated you are to uncovering the "truth," but the fact of the matter is there is way too much evidence out there (newspaper reports, obits, references of this case in articles about similar cases) to be a hoax. Well, that's my opinion anyway. But I suspect you will find that out when you hear back from your sources.


Well many of the newspaper references don't actually link to the newspaper they are from. That's why I made this post, because it simply isn't that hard for someone with the tools to create a page to make a very official looking page.

That said, I did see at least one paper provided that appears to be a non spoof. In other words, it is not a copy of an alleged archived article, it is actually on a site. Unfortunately, being the holiday weekend, it's hard to get email responses or get thru by phone.

Also, even tho someone has said that you can go to the places of the real newspaper and see the Keddie murders referenced, but you have to pay, sorry that's just not true. I tried searching all the paper databases I've been shown and no reference comes up, not even for an archived article to buy. If someone can provide me a valid link I may have missed, I'll take it.

I'd love to see the obits if you can provide them.
Back to top
 
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valley Flyer wrote:
Anyone who would consider this story a hoax has a few screws loose.

OR THEY HAVE AN AGENDA. That's if they know how to spell the word....


Provide me with some valid evidence please. That's all I ask, nothing more. Please save your time if you're going to repost links to newspapers already posted.

Tell ya what, some of you claim to be from Keddie or surrounding areas. Give me the names and phone numbers of some local businesses where long time residents would know.

Or show us the documentary.

My agenda is finding out the truth before I really pull out my investigative tools that will be even more time consuming. Why would you want to not help someone who wants to help solve the crimes?
Back to top
 
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, didn't you send out some emails to news sources and stuff?

Well then, why don't you just kick back and keep your mouth shut and stop wasting our time and cyberspace till you get the responses lest you make a further _____ out of yourself.

BlueSkeyes
Back to top
 
sussiskeit




Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 19





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=ssdi/search_ssdi.asp

Not an obit but I'm working on it still.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Alex, didn't you send out some emails to news sources and stuff?

Well then, why don't you just kick back and keep your mouth shut and stop wasting our time and cyberspace till you get the responses lest you make a further _____ out of yourself.

BlueSkeyes


See, you people don't help yourselves. I'm being perfectly rational, and yet here comes the goon squad once again on the attack,attack,attack. I should just shut up and go away because I'm trying to get information before the holiday weekend ends , from the only place that claims to have information?

No you folks don't help your cause at all.
Back to top
 
BlueSkeyes




Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 245

Location: California



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because your cause is bogus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BlueSkeyes




Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 245

Location: California



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, we're helping you because you're still so misguided.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
sussiskeit




Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 19





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not attacking. I really don't know much about any of this. I'm just trying to show you what I find. Maybe it will help one way or another.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Kate




Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 9





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:

I'd love to see the obits if you can provide them.


Well I'm just new to this case and I saw them in the News Media section of this site, but I know you're going to say that they could easily be fabricated....but I think they look real. The problem is, the case is very old and was in a small community, so in order to get actual hard copies of the newspaper reports and the stories in them one would have to go to a library in or around the community and that's out of the question for most of us.


Last edited by Kate on Sun May 25, 2008 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussiskeit wrote:


Not an obit but I'm working on it still.


We've already been thru the SS Data Base thing. Show me an official Social Security site with the data base please.

Sorry I hadda take out the link being a guest, but I did go.
Back to top
 
sussiskeit




Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 19





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didn't know you had already gotten that. I was actually trying to help. You want to say you are more or less being attacked but look at the shit I get for trying to help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueSkeyes wrote:
Because your cause is bogus.


What's bogus? Why can't you or this Valley person or the people with the alleged documentary just provide them? It's simple really. I will not respond to another taunt, that seems to be YOUR agenda.

If you have some info, thanx I'll take it. Otherwise shut up.
Back to top
 
Kate




Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 9





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:


That said, I did see at least one paper provided that appears to be a non spoof. In other words, it is not a copy of an alleged archived article, it is actually on a site.


Is that the 2001 San Francisco Chronicle article? Because you could probably e-mail the author of that article, his e-mail address is provided in that story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
BlueSkeyes




Joined: 26 Sep 2005
Posts: 245

Location: California



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I simply HATE being called a liar. I would not participate in this board if it was a hoax.

I've been on these message boards for probably at least 4 years. And I find it ridiculous that anyone would think it's part of some elaborate "Blair Witch" thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate wrote:
Alex wrote:

I'd love to see the obits if you can provide them.


Well I'm just new to this case and I saw them in the News Media section of this site, but I know you're going to say that they could easily be fabricated....but I think they look real. The problem is, the case is very old and was in a small community, so in order to get actual hard copies of the newspaper reports and the stories in them one would have to go to a library in or around the community and that's out of the question for most of us.


Well here's the thing Kate, there are two factions here. Those of us like me and you an several others who are new to this and trying to find info, and those who claim to have info but are not presenting it. That's why I'm still on the fence. I'm not going to go into a full fledged investigatory process based on iffy information.
Back to top
 
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate wrote:
Alex wrote:


That said, I did see at least one paper provided that appears to be a non spoof. In other words, it is not a copy of an alleged archived article, it is actually on a site.


Is that the 2001 San Francisco Chronicle article? Because you could probably e-mail the author of that article, his e-mail address is provided in that story.


I've emailed all the papers so far provided. I'm glad at least yu are understanding the process.
Back to top
 
Kate




Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 9





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, since you seem to want to see the documentary, you might want to PM Josh (the one who made it) and ask him about obtaining a DVD copy. He said he's in the process of putting the doc onto DVD format.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
sussiskeit




Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 19





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure what your problem is with me. Yes I beleive this happened but I couldn't say for 100% fact. Yesterday was the first time I've ever even visited this site. I am or rather was trying to share with you what I've found since I have found I have quite a bit of time on my hands for the next few months since being on bed rest. I simply was trying to help but I will make sure to keep whatever I find to myself. It makes no difference to me what you think of me I was simply trying to help you either validate or say it's bullshit. To be honest the only reason I was still looking for stuff was to actually help you out until you get answers on your own when stuff opens up this week. So heres to ya. Thanks for the consideration.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
   Cabin28 Forum Index -> Cabin 28 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Cabin28 topic RSS feed 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

create free phpbb forum hosting now!

view our free phpbb forum hosting directory now!

Please report Acceptable Use Policy violation on our support forum!