Cabin28 Forum IndexCabin28
Cabin 28, The Keddie Murders
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
                Calendar

You people realize...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cabin28 Forum Index -> Cabin 28
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Amused
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: You people realize... Reply with quote

...this is a hoax right? Try to Google key names from the people in this site like mmm, the suspects Marty and Bo. Can't find em anywhere. Nothing on the victims (although there was a Glenna Sharp who lost two kids in Missouri a year or so ago - not the same woman). None of these people are real and the story isn't real. Nothing on the documentary on IMDB either. This is viral. Probably to promote the film The Strangers. It's all a hoax.
Back to top
 
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: You people realize... Reply with quote

Amused wrote:
...this is a hoax right? Try to Google key names from the people in this site like mmm, the suspects Marty and Bo. Can't find em anywhere. Nothing on the victims (although there was a Glenna Sharp who lost two kids in Missouri a year or so ago - not the same woman). None of these people are real and the story isn't real. Nothing on the documentary on IMDB either. This is viral. Probably to promote the film The Strangers. It's all a hoax.


I'd like not to think so, but I have been searching for hours and found nothing that doesn't eventually link back to that 'Cabin 28' site, that alos has very little information. I linked to this board from that site. The only other things I found are some old blogs from 2005 and 2006 (that one on AETV...but with no show).

Also there's nothing on Crime Library.
Back to top
 
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, on that AETV blog it appears to be many of the same writing characteristics of some of the 'insiders' here.

What I'm having trouble getting around is that, if this IS viral, why don't they link it more to the events in the film? From what I understand this supposed 'real story' has more characters, and a different local (secluded as opposed to the 'real' event that was in the middle of a bunch of other cabins and homes.
Back to top
 
Amused
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Well I lived in Eureka CA Reply with quote

in the early 80's. I would have heard about this. Called some friends that still live there. They concur this is something viral a'la The Blair Witch Project.
Back to top
 
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe what you want, Amused. So this never happened in your eyes? Then what are you doing here? You can leave now.
Back to top
 
Amused
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: That's all you cay say? Leave? Reply with quote

So if I don't believe I should leave. Sounds like you concede. I just don't want people believing a lie.

To be fair, I'm calling the Sacramento Bee on Monday when I get to the office. I'll post back here with my findings y'all.

Peace out.
Back to top
 
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea! Hope you feel like the fool that you are.
Back to top
 
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Believe what you want, Amused. So this never happened in your eyes? Then what are you doing here? You can leave now.


It would be very easy to prove this wasn't viral. Show us this alleged documentary, and prove that it was made so long ago.

Show us some contemporary reports that are actually archived in some newspapers OWN archive. For that matter....wouldn't you think that one or more of the local newspapers there would be bringing this up again with the release of The Stranger?

I'm here because I am a non-professional investigator, I can't sepak for Amused, but that poster makes some good points. There is absolutely nothing online about this case. Not even the Crime Library. How can you blame people for being skeptics until you throw us some real meat and taters?
Back to top
 
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: That's all you cay say? Leave? Reply with quote

Amused wrote:
So if I don't believe I should leave. Sounds like you concede. I just don't want people believing a lie.

To be fair, I'm calling the Sacramento Bee on Monday when I get to the office. I'll post back here with my findings y'all.

Peace out.


Me too. I've just emailed them as well. I'm also going to call various records offices in the area.
Back to top
 
sunflwr8668




Joined: 12 May 2008
Posts: 82

Location: KS



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny, Marty Smartt and Glenna Susan Sharp are on ancestry.com and their deaths are in the Social Security Death Index. But, Oh No! They must have infiltrated that too! Shocked I also found Marty's name on Military.com. Haven't been able to find much on Bo but I figure that isn't his real first name. It's probably a nickname and no one seems to be sure about how to spell his last name. Have you done research before? This isn't an Andromeda Strain or Blair Witch project.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
onemouse




Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 29

Location: Land of the Golden Buckeyes...



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.plumasnews.com/

Are you telling me that this isn't a real site or a real paper?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out other threads. There are a few people saying this viral. People begging for proof & getting nothing. You're not the first to say it, but you're the first to get such a reaction. They must be angry because so many people are figuring it out. But it's a fun way to waste time on a weekend. The Blair witch thing was mentioned in a fresh perspective thread.
Back to top
 
MissyM87




Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 70





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't believe it, why are you here? If you don't believe it, shut up and go away and stop wasting space on here?

http://www.plumasnews.com/news_story.edi?sid=6194
http://www.plumasnews.com/news_story.edi?sid=3998
http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2005/05/27/news/news04.txt
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2001/06/10/MN128511.DTL&hw=Keddie+Sharp&sn=001&sc=1000
http://www.paranormalwatch.com/2007/05/02/the-murder-house-of-keddie-resort/


Hey, do you feel stupid enough yet?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Not sure




Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 27





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Francisco Chronicle--go to sfgate.com then do a quick search on keddie murders. It takes you to a page where you can select full archive and the article is listed--6/10/01 by Kevin Fagan. Predates the Strangers by several years.

Redding Record Searchlight article March 11, 1996--article sites Robert Silveria (Boxcar killer aka Sidetrack) confessing to the murders only to have it fall apart...also predates the Strangers.

SACRAMENTO BEE
June 21, 1984
BONES FOUND ARE THOSE OF GIRL LINKED TO TRIPLE SLAYING IN PLUMAN COUNTY
Author: Steve Gibson

(typo on Plumas was actually in the article--even pros misspell things sometimes--spell check doesn't catch everything)
Predates the movies by several years as well.

Feather Falls Register
Anniversary article April 12, 2006

(article is full of inaccuracies but definitely a public newspaper)
_________________
If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will accidentally shoot their kids.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunflwr8668 wrote:
That's funny, Marty Smartt and Glenna Susan Sharp are on ancestry com and their deaths are in the Social Security Death Index. But, Oh No! They must have infiltrated that too! Shocked I also found Marty's name on Military com. Haven't been able to find much on Bo but I figure that isn't his real first name. It's probably a nickname and no one seems to be sure about how to spell his last name. Have you done research before? This isn't an Andromeda Strain or Blair Witch project.


Yes I've already pointed that out(that I'm an investigator).

Nope...I searched the database...those names don't produce results.

---Field Value Records Results
Last Name SHARP 26784 26784
First Name GLENNA 7582 8
Middle Name SUSAN Scanned

Nothing found
Check your search criteria and/or make a less restrictive search.---

--Field Value Records Results
Last Name SMARTT 537 537
First Name MARTY 1634 0

Nothing found
Check your search criteria and/or make a less restrictive search.--
Back to top
 
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onemouse wrote:


Are you telling me that this isn't a real site or a real paper?


Yes that appears to be a real paper, and I even found this :

Damn it won't let me post the link:

---Remember When 4/19/06

100 Years Ago..........1906
San Francisco experienced a huge earthquake at 5:10 this morning. The loss of lives and property is reported to be great. Disastrous fires have broken all over the city. First assessments indicate thousands of lives lost and property losses in the amount of millions of dollars.



75 Years Ago..........1931
245 hogs were killed when a Western Pacific train derailed three miles east of Keddie by a landslide early this morning. The landslide buried the engine and five cars beneath tons of earth and rock.

50 Years Ago..........1956
Strong hope was expressed this morning that Highway 40-A down the Feather River canyon would be open for travel again tonight after being closed since April 11 by a massive rock slide about one mile west of Grizzly Dome tunnel.

25 Years Ago..........1981
Three people were found murdered in a slaying in Keddie Sunday morning. Found dead were Glenna Sharp, 36, son John, 15, and his friend Dana Wingate, 17, of Quincy. Sharp's 12-year-old daughter Tina Sharp is missing. ---

Hmm...that was posted in 2006 and still says Tina is missing.
Back to top
 
darkbluesunday




Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 6





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
75 Years Ago..........1931
245 hogs were killed when a Western Pacific train derailed three miles east of Keddie by a landslide early this morning. The landslide buried the engine and five cars beneath tons of earth and rock

Not exactly Alex. If you look at this one, it says that there was a landslide "early this morning". Basically when they write articles like these, they love to write them as if they just happened. They take them from the original articles I believe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissyM87 wrote:
If you don't believe it, why are you here? If you don't believe it, shut up and go away and stop wasting space on here?




Hey, do you feel stupid enough yet?


Hmm...the people at Plumas News must be pretty stupid , since they say once that Teena is still missing, and then that she wasn't found till 13 years later. Hmmm...

Paranormal Watch? Are you on acid?

As to the others I'll check em out. I know how to do this.

As far as going away, fungoo. I came here for answers and became suspicious at the lack of information. I'll believe it when I'm properly satisfied, and I will man up that I was wring if I am. If you choose to believe whatever you read without question, that's your problem. I've already seen plenty to give me pause.

I had to remove your links because a guest isn't worthy of posting them.
Back to top
 
onemouse




Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 29

Location: Land of the Golden Buckeyes...



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly darkie, it's from the article in 1981.

I'd like to know why people don't believe this really happened. I think the webmasters need to stop trying to link themselves to the strangers website
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
MissyM87




Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 70





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not there?

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?rank=1&gsfn=Glenna&gsln=Sharp&=&gsby=&gsb2co=2%2CUSA&gsb2pl=1%2CAll+States&gsdy=1981&gsd2co=2%2CUSA&gsd2pl=1%2CAll+States&=&=1%2C+&=&=&sbo=0&sbor=&srchb=r&prox=1&db=&ti=0&ti.si=0&gl=allgs&gss=&so=3

I don't have the member service, but there are three Glenna Sharps in there that look like they could be her.

http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi

GLENNA SHARP 29 Mar 1945 Apr 1981 (not specified) 95971 (Quincy, Plumas, CA) 558-62-2397 California



I'm not sure when Marty died, but uh, did you ever think that his name might have been Martin and that's what he might be listed under? I dunno if it is, but that's one of the first things that came to mind...

And looking back, a post from Valley "PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Marilyn, he died on May 26, 2000 in the Metro Portland area. No cause of death was listed."

and it matches one of the searches for Martin Smartt

MARTIN SMARTT 11 Apr 1949 26 May 2000 (V) 97202 (Portland, Multnomah, OR) (none specified) 527-74-4477 Arizona




It wasn't really hard to find these or anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure wrote:
San Francisco Chronicle--go to sfgate com then do a quick search on keddie murders. It takes you to a page where you can select full archive and the article is listed--6/10/01 by Kevin Fagan. Predates the Strangers by several years.

Redding Record Searchlight article March 11, 1996--article sites Robert Silveria (Boxcar killer aka Sidetrack) confessing to the murders only to have it fall apart...also predates the Strangers.

SACRAMENTO BEE
June 21, 1984
BONES FOUND ARE THOSE OF GIRL LINKED TO TRIPLE SLAYING IN PLUMAN COUNTY
Author: Steve Gibson

(typo on Plumas was actually in the article--even pros misspell things sometimes--spell check doesn't catch everything)
Predates the movies by several years as well.

Feather Falls Register
Anniversary article April 12, 2006

(article is full of inaccuracies but definitely a public newspaper)


Of all those, only the SFC is reliable, so I'll be contact them as well. The other stories are linked, like the Redding one...again the same place as the alleged SacBee one and dating to 2007. An article full of inaccuracies I will not even consider.
Back to top
 
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no mention of any keddie murders in the NY times online archive.. Not one mention. Sounds viral to me.
Back to top
 
onemouse




Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 29

Location: Land of the Golden Buckeyes...



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2005/05/27/news/news04.txt

Are you going to now say that this similar sounding case didn't happen either?

Or that there is no PCSD? Get real!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
MissyM87




Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 70





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex wrote:


Hmm...the people at Plumas News must be pretty stupid , since they say once that Teena is still missing, and then that she wasn't found till 13 years later. Hmmm...

Paranormal Watch? Are you on acid?

As to the others I'll check em out. I know how to do this.

As far as going away, fungoo. I came here for answers and became suspicious at the lack of information. I'll believe it when I'm properly satisfied, and I will man up that I was wring if I am. If you choose to believe whatever you read without question, that's your problem. I've already seen plenty to give me pause.

I had to remove your links because a guest isn't worthy of posting them.



Did you think maybe that they said 25 YEARS AGO TODAY

Tina was missing?

Go figure. I mean, she was missing then.......right? Not as in 25 years ago today her family was murdered and she is missing, like 25 years ago today her family had been murdered and she WAS missing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People don't believe it really happened because everyone on this board talks in circles, riddles, and cryptic messages! You have to absolutely dig through the internet to find anything other than this site that references those murders. You have this nutjob Craig posting every three minutes about how he has all this guilt and remorse but won't ever say anymore than that. There was supposedly a book at one point that got pulled from the publisher because of "pressure." The elusive documentary has yet to rear its head on this site. Not even a clip (not a hard thing to do. post five seconds of the damn thing, if you really have a copy). You say this thing didn't get national attention because of the social status of the people involved, but then turn around and say an award winning journalist was pressured into pulling his book because of what it might reveal. You can't have it both ways. All we are asking for is a clip from this documentary. Show me thirty seconds and I will go away.
Back to top
 
Display posts from previous:   
   Cabin28 Forum Index -> Cabin 28 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Cabin28 topic RSS feed 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

create free phpbb forum hosting now!

view our free phpbb forum hosting directory now!

Please report Acceptable Use Policy violation on our support forum!