Cabin28 Forum IndexCabin28
Cabin 28, The Keddie Murders
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
                Calendar

You people realize...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cabin28 Forum Index -> Cabin 28
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sunflwr8668




Joined: 12 May 2008
Posts: 82

Location: KS



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I refuse to have a battle if wits with an unarmed man. I'll type slow-ly for you. It s-a-y-s 2006 because they are printing it on tha date in 2-0-0-6. Then they are showing you articles about things that were published on that same date 100 years ago, 75 years ago, and so on. As for the SSDI database I'll just copy and paste for you. His formal name is Martin by the way.
MARTIN SMARTT 11 Apr 1949 26 May 2000 (V) 97202 (Portland, Multnomah, OR) (none specified) 527-74-4477 Arizona

Sharp
[Glenna Susan Davis]
Sex: FEMALE
Birth Date: 29 Mar 1945
Birthplace: Massachusetts
Death Date: 12 Apr 1981
Death Place: Plumas
Mother's Maiden Name: Perreault
FATHER'S SURNAME: Davis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissyM87 wrote:
They're not there?



I don't have the member service, but there are three Glenna Sharps in there that look like they could be her.



GLENNA SHARP 29 Mar 1945 Apr 1981 (not specified) 95971 (Quincy, Plumas, CA) 558-62-2397 California



I'm not sure when Marty died, but uh, did you ever think that his name might have been Martin and that's what he might be listed under? I dunno if it is, but that's one of the first things that came to mind...

And looking back, a post from Valley "PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Marilyn, he died on May 26, 2000 in the Metro Portland area. No cause of death was listed."

and it matches one of the searches for Martin Smartt

MARTIN SMARTT 11 Apr 1949 26 May 2000 (V) 97202 (Portland, Multnomah, OR) (none specified) 527-74-4477 Arizona




It wasn't really hard to find these or anything.


Well I did a direct search and I showed you my results based on the names you provided me. Not my problem neither of them showed up.

You're correct, the ones you found would seem to match. Time will tell.
Back to top
 
Guest 2-Electric Boogaloo
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, seriously?

1) I doubt you can find something online about every murder ever. Not every murder is archive worthy.

2) How the hell is The Strangers even based on this? What, they both occurred in a cabin? Maybe some people were close by and failed to hear anything? I doubt what is probably a drug related murder has anything to do with three people in creepy masks.

3) It's on Wikipedia. It must be true. No, seriously, though, it's on Wikipedia with media links.
Back to top
 
MissyM87




Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 70





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Last edited by MissyM87 on Sat May 24, 2008 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
People don't believe it really happened because everyone on this board talks in circles, riddles, and cryptic messages! You have to absolutely dig through the internet to find anything other than this site that references those murders. You have this nutjob Craig posting every three minutes about how he has all this guilt and remorse but won't ever say anymore than that. There was supposedly a book at one point that got pulled from the publisher because of "pressure." The elusive documentary has yet to rear its head on this site. Not even a clip (not a hard thing to do. post five seconds of the damn thing, if you really have a copy). You say this thing didn't get national attention because of the social status of the people involved, but then turn around and say an award winning journalist was pressured into pulling his book because of what it might reveal. You can't have it both ways. All we are asking for is a clip from this documentary. Show me thirty seconds and I will go away.


Exactly. It's not like we're being unreasonable. As a matter of fact , other than the first user who was providing me search tips, everyone else is just being downright rude. NOT the way to make their case...lol.
Back to top
 
MissyM87




Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 70





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Go to websites
2. Put in Glenna Sharp and Martin Smartt
3. ??????
4. Profit


I don't get how you're a PI and yet you couldn't find their names in those databases. It seems common sense to me that Marty would be short for Martin and that maybe Glenna's middle name wasn't included, which seems to be the reason that you couldn't find them in the search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunflwr8668 wrote:
Wow. I refuse to have a battle if wits with an unarmed man. I'll type slow-ly for you. It s-a-y-s 2006 because they are printing it on tha date in 2-0-0-6. Then they are showing you articles about things that were published on that same date 100 years ago, 75 years ago, and so on. As for the SSDI database I'll just copy and paste for you. His formal name is Martin by the way.
MARTIN SMARTT 11 Apr 1949 26 May 2000 (V) 97202 (Portland, Multnomah, OR) (none specified) 527-74-4477 Arizona

Sharp
[Glenna Susan Davis]
Sex: FEMALE
Birth Date: 29 Mar 1945
Birthplace: Massachusetts
Death Date: 12 Apr 1981
Death Place: Plumas
Mother's Maiden Name: Perreault
FATHER'S SURNAME: Davis


No, in 2006 he says remember when and then makes an inaccurate statement that Tina is still missing. It doesn't link to any article.

I've already been given inaccurate info about the data base search, so I'll take it with a grain of salt. You people seem to want to change the rules as you go along. Voting for Hillary are ya..LOL?
Back to top
 
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissyM87 wrote:
1. Go to websites
2. Put in Glenna Sharp and Martin Smartt
3. ??????
4. Profit


I don't get how you're a PI and yet you couldn't find their names in those databases. It seems common sense to me that Marty would be short for Martin and that maybe Glenna's middle name wasn't included, which seems to be the reason that you couldn't find them in the search.


So you blame me because you gave me inaccurate information. How typical.
Back to top
 
MissyM87




Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 70





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys obviously haven't even researched through the site or about the crime. How about instead of barging in and proclaiming that this never happened you would go back, read through the posts (Not just recent, but the WAY BACK ones), really spend some time looking up the crimes on the internet, and then make a decision, instead of making it seem like this website needs to somehow prove to you that it happened. Frankly, I think YOU are the ones being rude.

How would you feel if you were a family member, friend, or acquaintance of these people and 27 years after their deaths someone barged on to your personal message board because of some movie that's coming out and started telling you you're lying about your friend/family/neighbor's death and demanding that somehow you prove it to them?

I'm not in any way connected to the family, but it does make me very sad that this happened to them, and I think you guys are really doing the victims a disservice coming here and treating people like this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
MissyM87




Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 70





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
MissyM87 wrote:
1. Go to websites
2. Put in Glenna Sharp and Martin Smartt
3. ??????
4. Profit


I don't get how you're a PI and yet you couldn't find their names in those databases. It seems common sense to me that Marty would be short for Martin and that maybe Glenna's middle name wasn't included, which seems to be the reason that you couldn't find them in the search.


So you blame me because you gave me inaccurate information. How typical.



I GAVE? you wrong information? You'd really think that to make a clear judgement on this case you would have looked it up and considered other possibilities?

And it's not like anyone GAVE me that information either, I looked it up and used my brain to figure out that maybe it was listed differently. Haven't you ever worked in any kind of social service or anything before? Not everyone is listed by their FULL name in every setting/record, and may not be referred in stories of them as their full name.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissyM87 wrote:
You guys obviously haven't even researched through the site or about the crime. How about instead of barging in and proclaiming that this never happened you would go back, read through the posts (Not just recent, but the WAY BACK ones), really spend some time looking up the crimes on the internet, and then make a decision, instead of making it seem like this website needs to somehow prove to you that it happened. Frankly, I think YOU are the ones being rude.

How would you feel if you were a family member, friend, or acquaintance of these people and 27 years after their deaths someone barged on to your personal message board because of some movie that's coming out and started telling you you're lying about your friend/family/neighbor's death and demanding that somehow you prove it to them?

I'm not in any way connected to the family, but it does make me very sad that this happened to them, and I think you guys are really doing the victims a disservice coming here and treating people like this.


I've went back and read thru the posts. What you don't seem to understand is the concept of cooberative evidence. There isn't very much.

I've already stated I'm not here to make trouble, only to find the answers, but if some of you folks wnat trouble , well trust me you picked the right one....so skin that smokewagon and see what happens.

Or just respect the fact that some of us new to this case simply see the inconsistant aspects surrounding it.
Back to top
 
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissyM87 wrote:


I GAVE? you wrong information? You'd really think that to make a clear judgement on this case you would have looked it up and considered other possibilities?

And it's not like anyone GAVE me that information either, I looked it up and used my brain to figure out that maybe it was listed differently. Haven't you ever worked in any kind of social service or anything before? Not everyone is listed by their FULL name in every setting/record, and may not be referred in stories of them as their full name.


Yeah genius YOU GAVE . This is what you told me :

"Marty Smartt and Glenna Susan Sharp are on ancestry com and their deaths are in the Social Security Death Index."

Those are the names you gave me, and those are the names I searched. Those are the exact names you told me were listed...but now you're conVEENiently changing your story. I'm done with you, don't even bother.
Back to top
 
MissyM87




Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 70





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want trouble at all. I just don't see why you're coming on here acting like someone has to PROVE to you that it happened.

It's just like, these people have had this board for years now, and to have everyone flood the board and accuse them all of making this up or believing some kind of lie (Especially when people are so close to the case, family, friends) just seems so insulting to me. Do you see what I mean?


I think I might just leave the board, it's changed a lot in the past few days, sorry for making you feel harassed or whatever, I just feel like the way everyone went about it was really rude and disrespectful. It seems like it would have been a lot better to say that you really couldn't find a lot of information, could people help you find some links and info, rather than this sounds "viral" or "bogus" or the numerous other things people said.


And BTW, I didn't write that they were on Ancestry.com if you look up, it was another member. I looked them up after you said you couldn't find them, because I thought it was odd that one person could and the other couldn't.


Last edited by MissyM87 on Sat May 24, 2008 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
onemouse




Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 29

Location: Land of the Golden Buckeyes...



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Mission Accomplished, I guess. You've gotten everyone riled up.

Listen, Missy's right - you guys just need to dig into the boards further to get all the info that you need. You would have known that she went by her middle name.

It's not fair to barge in here like a bat out of hell and discount all of everyone's efforts - just because you are too lazy to do the research.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
darkbluesunday




Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 6





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Missy & onemouse!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
onemouse




Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 29

Location: Land of the Golden Buckeyes...



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading these boards for only a few days and before I even posted one thing I made damn sure that I TRIED at least to find something to bring to the table
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Guest











Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onemouse wrote:
Wow. Mission Accomplished, I guess. You've gotten everyone riled up.

Listen, Missy's right - you guys just need to dig into the boards further to get all the info that you need. You would have known that she went by her middle name.

It's not fair to barge in here like a bat out of hell and discount all of everyone's efforts - just because you are too lazy to do the research.


Yeah I'm too lazy. That's why I've been spending hours here trying to get some answers. Right. How typical again.

Ya know , at this point I could care less if it's true or not, you people just remind me of how rude and crude society is. I never said one word in anger or disrespect till I was pounced on by the usual message board thug types.

Hint: The sun doesn't shine out any of our arses.
Back to top
 
onemouse




Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 29

Location: Land of the Golden Buckeyes...



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the info CAN be found - whether or not you care to look is another question...

As I've said, this case has many layers - I still believe that there's an FTRA connection...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
MissyM87




Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 70





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that people have a reason to feel offended (To be fair, we don't have nearly as much reason as the people directly affected by the crime) when something they've researched is referred to offensively and is said to be a hoax or a lie.

I understand that as of yet, you don't have a lot invested in this case. Time, feelings, effort, etc. Neither do I really to be honest. I've only known about the case for a few weeks.

All of us may have been able to get around this a little better, yes. I apologized for making you feel harassed. Sometimes I obviously let my frustration get the better of me (As I assume you probably did too threatening me), but I don't consider myself a message board "thug", considering this is one of the few message boards I have really used =p
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Not sure




Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 27





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beg to differ with you about the only reliable newspaper source being the SFChronicle. The Sacramento Bee is reliable as is the Redding Record Searchlight. All of the articles are archived on their websites. As for the Feather Falls newspaper, it's small town, the reporter didn't get her facts straight but it doesn't make it unreliable, just inaccurate. I don't see how that "disproves" the murders actually happened.
Some of the archived articles you may have to pay to read in full but it doesn't discount their legitimacy.
Visit your local library and ask if you can get these articles provided through library sharing. Most libraries throughout California share information with other libraries. They're not in the business of helping pull off hoaxes. And don't forget the internet wasn't as forthcoming in it's infancy. Not everything was posted. Heck, I knew of a boy killed in my area and just 3 months later I couldn't get any information. The internet alone is not a good source. It's just a beginning.
But keep questioning. A good investigator does. And look at how many people have posted all this terrific info in the last few hours! I love it. Many minds working together. It's all good. Very Happy
_________________
If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will accidentally shoot their kids.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
sunflwr8668




Joined: 12 May 2008
Posts: 82

Location: KS



Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya'll came on here declaring that it wasn't true. You didn't say maybe, perhaps or anything of the sort. Then pretty much put down the people that have been on here that have already done some reading and checking. If you're "the P.I." then you should know how to research. Don't come on a board new and immediately diss people and expect a good result.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunflwr8668 wrote:
Ya'll came on here declaring that it wasn't true. You didn't say maybe, perhaps or anything of the sort. Then pretty much put down the people that have been on here that have already done some reading and checking. If you're "the P.I." then you should know how to research. Don't come on a board new and immediately diss people and expect a good result.


A) The first post I made when I started feeling uneasy was a request for information with the 'Is there a book?' thread.

B) My first comment on THIS thread is :

"""Amused wrote:
...this is a hoax right? Try to Google key names from the people in this site like mmm, the suspects Marty and Bo. Can't find em anywhere. Nothing on the victims (although there was a Glenna Sharp who lost two kids in Missouri a year or so ago - not the same woman). None of these people are real and the story isn't real. Nothing on the documentary on IMDB either. This is viral. Probably to promote the film The Strangers. It's all a hoax. """


"I'd like not to think so, but I have been searching for hours and found nothing that doesn't eventually link back to that 'Cabin 28' site, that alos has very little information. I linked to this board from that site. The only other things I found are some old blogs from 2005 and 2006 (that one on AETV...but with no show).

Also there's nothing on Crime Library."

C) I never said I was a PI. I said I was a non-professional investigator with access to professional PI's.

Conclusion: Reading comprehension isn't your thing obviously. You're a message board thug.
Back to top
 
Alex
Guest










Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure wrote:
I beg to differ with you about the only reliable newspaper source being the SFChronicle. The Sacramento Bee is reliable as is the Redding Record Searchlight. All of the articles are archived on their websites. As for the Feather Falls newspaper, it's small town, the reporter didn't get her facts straight but it doesn't make it unreliable, just inaccurate. I don't see how that "disproves" the murders actually happened.
Some of the archived articles you may have to pay to read in full but it doesn't discount their legitimacy.
Visit your local library and ask if you can get these articles provided through library sharing. Most libraries throughout California share information with other libraries. They're not in the business of helping pull off hoaxes. And don't forget the internet wasn't as forthcoming in it's infancy. Not everything was posted. Heck, I knew of a boy killed in my area and just 3 months later I couldn't get any information. The internet alone is not a good source. It's just a beginning.
But keep questioning. A good investigator does. And look at how many people have posted all this terrific info in the last few hours! I love it. Many minds working together. It's all good. Very Happy


Thanx for that last remark, and I'm sure within the week I'll gather the info I need . And yes I am grateful for the info, it's a great starting point as you said. Too bad some folks have to act all snooty, and I thankee kindly for not being one of those.

All I really need to do now is sit back and wait for email replies and make some calls.
Back to top
 
kobyashi




Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 17





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by kobyashi on Mon May 26, 2008 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
MissyM87




Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 70





Digg It
Del.icio.us
Slashdot It!
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people who started out responding angrily were responding to Amused, rather than you. I know that's who I was responding to in the beginning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
   Cabin28 Forum Index -> Cabin 28 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Cabin28 topic RSS feed 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

create free phpbb forum hosting now!

view our free phpbb forum hosting directory now!

Please report Acceptable Use Policy violation on our support forum!