Recent Review of Crime Scene Photos

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Recent Review of Crime Scene Photos

Postby dmac » Wed May 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Mike sent the full set of negs from the crime scene back to the DOJ to be freshly reprinted in color. Here's some revelations, after a quick review:

LE were incredibly interested in the downed laundry line in the back yard, taking a good dozen photos of it from all conceivable angles.

There are no photos of the basement or Johnny's room.

Much of the disorder in the cabin room comes from LE. They moved so much stuff around before taking photos that to read much of anything into most photos is impossible.

There was no chest of drawers in the middle of the boys room. It was first photographed in the boys' closet, then LE pulled it out and left it in the middle of the room. Why were they so interested in that closet?

I saw other photos after they finally pulled three chunks of board from the wall where the alcove was behind where the front door opened. Mike, Greg, and I agree Marty was doing his knife-throwing target practice on that wall, perhaps as the boys hid in the closet oon the other side.

More to follow. I just thought of another post I need to make ASAP.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Recent Review of Crime Scene Photos

Postby dmac » Wed May 25, 2016 4:46 pm

The back porch had a lot of stuff on it.I can't recall it all, but there was the saw (said to have evidence on it... prints? I don't recall at the moment), a foam ice chest, other tools, another yellow power cord in a rat's nest of knots, etc. It had a wood slat floor, and the wall closest to the interior of the cabin was covered in fake wood paneling similar to that found in the bedrooms years later.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Thu May 26, 2016 4:28 pm

Some of the posts I've written either never made it onto the forum, or we have one of Valley Flyer's spooks in our midst. Here's something I typed up, but it somehow never posted:

The small bed in the girls room nearest the door was Sue's. It's also where she was sleeping that night. The sheet and blanket used to cover her came from that bed. The blood on the sheets of that bed is likely hers.

The large bed was on the far side of the room, about a foot from the outside wall where the sole phone line came into the house. The only carpet in the room was a shag runner between the two beds. Between the beds at the head was the tv tray with Sue's glasses on it-- nearest the small bed was the alarm clock, lamp, ashtray, and glasses. On the side of the large bed was the YA book (Call of the Wild) and a yearbook photo of Greg. On the far side of the large bed, between the wall and bed, was a Salem box, on top of which was Tina's wallet.

As you enter the bedroom, Sue took up the small bed. Normally, Sheila slept on the near side of the bed and Tina would sleep on the side closest the rear wall.

This is further proved by the stuffed toy on the floor beside the Salem box and Tina's wallet, as well as the items tacked on the wall at the foot of the large bed: Valentines cards and kids' illustrations.

Once and for all, with no more room for argument, Sue slept on the small bed that night as she always had, and Tina had the large bed to herself since Sheila was gone.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dntblvu » Fri May 27, 2016 7:08 pm

Did Tina smoke those salems? It really isn't easy being a single parent.
dntblvu

Postby jefferzzzz » Fri May 27, 2016 9:00 pm

dntblvu wrote:Did Tina smoke those salems? It really isn't easy being a single parent.

I do not believe Tina was smoking. The Salem box that dmac is referring to, if I am recalling correctly, is a large cardboard box that the cartons of cigarettes are delivered in, not a single pack of cigarettes. It was sitting beside the bed acting as a nightstand or table. That's my understanding anyway, I could be wrong.
jefferzzzz

Postby dntblvu » Fri May 27, 2016 9:20 pm

You're right, I remember reading that and seeing it on you tube.
dntblvu

Postby dmac » Sat May 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Something else I noticed about the girls' room was the cardboard on Tina's bed (next to the rear wall window). It was neatly placed at the foot of the bed, almost completely covering the mattress... it was squared with the mattress itself, not haphazardly tossed. It was a good-sized chunk, and ran more than halfway up the bed. The blanket/sheet didn't appear to be too disheveled, and a bit of the brown fitted sheet shown on both sides at the top.

What's odd is that window was also covered with plastic (for heat preservation), so I'm not certain how the cardboard could fit into the window (I now believe it was for privacy more than warmth) if the frame was covered with plastic. Perhaps the ledge was big enough for both, but the photos weren't good enough to easily tell.

As I mentioned, the sole bit of carpet was a strip of shag between the beds. The wooden floor had many drops of blood- nothing major, my guess is nosebleed. The smear on the wall by the light switch which we've known about for some time was accompanied by another stain. There was also a bloody print, probably from the ball of the hand.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby colie707 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Does anyone know if the cigarettes found on couch were ever dna tested and do they still have that pack in evidence for touch dna testing now???
Someone please answer me. Im feeling ignored on here...jk thanks
colie707

Postby dmac » Sat May 28, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm actually most interested in the shirt found on the table under the knife. The killers DNA will be on the cuffs and collar, and the victims' blood (perhaps even a killer's) will be on the shirt itself.

I've asked about having DNA of the butts in the kitchen ashtray tested, but we now know that ashtray was a red herring.

I saw no bloody glass in the kitchen photos. Nor did I see any photos of the table and chairs.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Hair Chunks

Postby dmac » Sun May 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Those familiar with the Olden Days (c.2010) of the case recall discussion of the photographs of the couch, trying to figure out what a particular curved object was. It was at the foot of the couch, near the center. We considered many things, such a bit of Sue's eyeglass frames, etc. I think we eventually settled on it being a bit of discarded electrical wire used to bind Sue.

It wasn't.

It was a chunk of her hair.

There's also a chunk of Johnny or Dana's hair in another photo. Both chunks appear to have been cut cleanly- by knife, of course.

I've also seen the star-shaped wound to Sue's head as described in autopsy and diagrams. It's clearly photographed by Forcino during autopsy. Mike suggests it could be the result of being hit by the heel of the rifle butt, and I've got no better explanation- except the wound seems too large.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Shellsbells » Sun May 29, 2016 6:41 pm

I think we eventually settled on it being a bit of discarded electrical wire used to bind Sue.

It wasn't.

It was a chunk of her hair.

There's also a chunk of Johnny or Dana's hair in another photo. Both chunks appear to have been cut cleanly- by knife, of course.

This just breaks my heart. I remember the talk. I did not get in the discussion of that. I was just kinda reading around back then.
Even hair cut with a knife freakin hurts. And why would they cut their hair. To just mess with them? Like a control thing.
Shellsbells

Postby AliWProk » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:51 am

I have chills. Chunks of hair, cut with a knife.

All that you've said is reeling in my head.

The pink suit. Two packs of Camels. Bloody denim shirt under the weapons. Sue's 4-layer gag.

I feel light-headed. There is so much, so fast.

Every new post is a revelation.
AliWProk

Postby dmac » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:54 am

Breathe deeply and rest. This isn't a case for thin-skinned doorknobs.

I'm trying to assimilate all I've learned in those few hours of glimpses within the 28 room into the half-decade of dedication to the few docs I've scrutinized. It's a world of smelling salts waking me up to shortcomings, but it still points in the same direction. I'm probably completely wrong in tangential directions (yet still more accurate than any fuckknob clairvoyant) but most of my bizarre allegations from 2011-2012 are true.

What bugs me most this morning is trying to explain what I know to those that don't care care enough to read or pick up the balls we've dropped. And I'm not talking to you, Ali- just a generalization.

When it comes to help, there's a certain few that were there all along or were there for years and came out. Holy shit has that been huge! Just in the past couple days!

But I mean there's a load more out there that need to stop ignoring this. THIS SHIT IS COMING DOWN. This case is going to net several living assholes.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby AliWProk » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:15 am

I haven't been around enough to see CS photos, but you mentioned a star-shaped wound on Sue. Is it a gunshot wound? See this photo (it's kind of grisly): http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/FORHTML/FOR018.html

Photo caption: This is an contact gunshot entrance wound. Since the barrel contacts the skin, the gases released by the fired round go into the subcutaneous tissue and cause the star-shaped laceration. Note also the grey-black discoloration from the soot, as well as the faint abrasion ring.
AliWProk

Postby dmac » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:13 pm

blunt force trauma causing a massive star-shaped tissue tear. I'm currently clueless, and I give Mike props for suggesting the rifle butt.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby sparkplug » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:46 pm

but most of my bizarre allegations from 2011-2012 are true.

Very, very bizarre, and I thought a little (well, a lot) out in left field, but are facts in my mind now. At the time I wanted to believe, but it wasn't fathomable in my mind. It was too big, too many people. I thought you were a raging conspiracist whack job, but a small piece of me always thought "maybe he's right". I don't know how you do it. If and when (hopefully) this case is closed, you should write a book and donate all proceeds to a cause of your choice. You obviously have an English/ journalism background.
sparkplug

Postby dmac » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:10 am

Perhaps this is iteration, but the house was a mess in CS photos. I believe, even with LE stomping the scene, the place was a mess before the killers arrived. The home was not neat and clean as previously stated.

That's not a dig- just reality.

My 3d vids and images only show a few items accurately. Bodies aren't items, that's not how I meant it. It would take me months to accurately lay out what I saw in photos. I'm not even going to attempt it.

I'm not saying they were slobs or ANYTHING like that, but there was a lot of stuff in the house, not "put away" as many anal retentives would prefer. Single woman with five kids. I still believe the front room was filled with fresh laundry from a cardboard box the killers repurposed to remove evidence.

As a reminder, despite finding major new variations from where objects were in the house, my layout of the front room was within 1 inch of how LE measured it in 81. I didn't learn that til years after I'd deduced the size of the home by measuring common objects in CS photos.

Light switch plates. Doors. That's how I figured out the actual layout (and size) and that's also why the bodies look so big in my 3d mockups- it's accurate. Unlike CS photo representations, the corpses overtook the room- they were much larger in the room than the photos suggest.

Never give a corrupt sack of shit like Don Stoy a wide-angle lens.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:37 pm

I was able to pull up the crappy old black and white photos of the knife and hammer on the table and found definite blood spatter in the image. Here's a plain version of it in all it's washed-out, blurry glory, and an identical shot with the visible spatter highlighted in red.

25-MM_hammer_knifeb.jpg
25-MM_hammer_knifea.jpg
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie facts