The mysterious postcard

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

The mysterious postcard

Postby jhancock » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:15 pm

In this excerpt from the documentary, Marilyn discusses the strange postcard she received, telling her that Bo was dead...fact or fiction?

jhancock

Postby the celt » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:58 am

6 or 7 months after the murders? Was she living with wade at this time? And what do we really know about BO? If it was such a bitter end to there marriage why would marty send her a post card in the first place?
kathy
the celt

Postby Night Rider » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Celt, no, she supposedly had dumped Wade for a guy by the name of Skip Lockwood.

Wade left for the Navy in about July, that's why he had joined up, to support Marilyn.... then she dumped him.

Trivia question: Would that postcard possibly still be in evidence?

I have always thought that Marilyn did say some truthful things, and that and the phone call that Lori got up in Oregon may have been two of them.
Night Rider

Postby coffee is love » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:09 am

i just dont understand why marty would have taken the time to send her that and not include how. especially given what she did to him. josh did she say what she did with it?
coffee is love

Postby the celt » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Josh did lori say it was marty who called her? Or was it marilyn who said it was marty?
kathy
the celt

Postby Red Violin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 pm

So that means that someone wanted to get out an idea that Bo died BEFORE Marty?
Red Violin

Postby Night Rider » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Celt, as I remember, no one said that. I think she said that she did not recognize the voice.

I believe it was said that she got the call at school.

RV, it's better than that. Sassy has said that she got a call from Rod Decrona that Marty was killed during a drug deal. But that was in 1997............

This case is better than a liar's convention, "Never trust the other guy, never trust what the other guy says."
Night Rider

Postby coffee is love » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:55 pm

why would he call anyone regarding this case to say the marty "died" if he wasnt a suspect?
coffee is love

Postby jhancock » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:32 pm

I now believe that, at the time of this interview, she did not think Marty did it. I think she has always thought it was someone else, especially from some new things we've picked up for part II.
jhancock

Postby the celt » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:09 am

When did marilyns daughter move away? Was it before or after the murders? if it wasn't person of interest who called her then who? And how would the perps know her last name,would it not be different then person of interest? If she left before the murders, why call her at all? Did she , herself, say that someone called or was it marilyn who said someone called her?
kathy
the celt

Postby Night Rider » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:48 am

All of those are very good questions. If? she was there on April 11, then Marilyn was pretty darn vague about that. To me that is just another bit of gossip.

Marilyn did say that she did leave because "she was scared of him." As best as I remember, we were told back in 2005 that Lori had left about a month prior to 4-11. And that was by someone who was there, not one of these rumor-mongers of today.

As I remember, Marilyn did indicate that she was living with them in Burney, And we do know that Justin was not, but Marlilyn was very vague as to when they went up to Montana?? to bring Justin back down to California.

I'm still a little unsure that Justin was even in Keddie when the Sharps moved there. Just as I am unsure about where his brother is now. Not Casey, the one we don't know anything about.

As to your last question, nope, both the call and the postcard story are single-source stories. Either one could be true, but "One and you're done"?? Good words to live by....
Night Rider

Postby the celt » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:46 am

Is Marilyn from Montana? And who was Justin living with in Montana, his father another family member? How old was Lori when all this happened? Lori went to Oregon to go to school and Justin was in Montana, was the other boy there to in Montana? So Lori was the only kid with them when they moved to keddie? And she moved and they went to get the two boys after Lori left? Why weren't the kids with them in the first place? How long did Marilyn and Marty and Lori live in keddie before the boys came to live with them and before the sharp family move in?
kathy
the celt

Postby the celt » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:50 am

I forgot to ask, so Lori and Justin and Casey didnt live together in keddie? She was gone when the boys came? Did Lori go to college or high school in Oregon?
kathy
the celt

Postby Night Rider » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Celt: I believe that Lori and Casey were living with them in Burney, and maybe all along. Spencer hinted that he had met Casey when M & M went to Phoenix in 1979 or 1980.

Marilyn did say that when Lori took off, that she went to live with her father, and Marilyn's mother, in a small town outside of Portland.

What is confusing is that I have seen a hint that Justin and Lori may not have the same parents. And then there has been a statement that Justin has an older brother that has never been mentioned.

Marilyn did say that a year or so after the murders that the PCSO was hounding Justin so hard that they sent him back to his father in Dillon. Then when his father died on May 30, 1985, justin came back to town and finished his last two years at QHS.

He then left town again to who knows where. The mother of his two kids grew up in Everett, and he had a few addresses in that area. He then came back to his mom around April? of 2006, and has been living in town since then, as is Casey.
Night Rider

Postby meankitty » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 am

Mrs. Meeks did say they moved to Quincy shortly before the county fair, which would be around the second week in August. Marty died in Portland May of 2000. He was in a coma, and there's no proof he ever confessed to anything. I don't know why the postcard, but it seems there were two people named John Boubede, besides the one that died in Cook co
meankitty

Re: The mysterious postcard

Postby CoffeeOD » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Marilyn said she got a post card from POI that said "Bo is dead", but didn't POIs brother confirm that Bo was there when POI died?
CoffeeOD

Postby gotbier » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:05 pm

I beleive he later said he was mistaken about who was there when Marty passed away. He said something about checking with his nephew and it wasn't Bo there.

Leslie
gotbier

Postby Night Rider » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:55 pm

With all the recent discussion of Bo, is there any question? Back when I first read that, my mother ship asked the question: "Literally or figuratively?? How many of you have ever asked that question??

My main question remains: Has anyone from PCSD ever acknowledged the existence of that postcard? After five years, still stone cold silence..

Spencer absolutely did backtrack on the "John Baloney" story, he had no choice, everyone knows that he was deflecting any attempt to really snoop into Bo's identity. But WHY? He was 900 miles away in Scottsdale right?

I just got a wacky thought, what if the "him" that Lori was scared of was really Justin, OR Bo, not our loveable POI??? What would make her pack up and run 500 or so miles to her dad up in Portland?

One thing I said in my post up above has since been confirmed by someone, Lori and Justin do not have the same father. Justin was not lying about that, mainly because of where he said that. Now just where is his other brother, and who is his mother?

We all know that Marilyn has lied about some things, and omitted others, but certainly not as much as Spencer would like you to think...
Night Rider

Postby CoffeeOD » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Night Rider wrote: Spencer absolutely did backtrack on the "John Baloney" story, he had no choice, everyone knows that he was deflecting any attempt to really snoop into Bo's identity. But WHY? He was 900 miles away in Scottsdale right?

I can see why he wouldn't want people delving into Bo's background and who he is, since it just makes Bo and POI look more and more like the right people to look at.

Night Rider wrote: I just got a wacky thought, what if the "him" that Lori was scared of was really Justin, OR Bo, not our loveable POI??? What would make her pack up and run 500 or so miles to her dad up in Portland?

I could easily see Bo as being the person she was scared of, but I doubt Justin would seem like a threat. Someone that makes you feel pity or sadness? Yes. Maybe even someone that just has a creepy aura after what you know he was around or saw that night. I don't see Justin as a kid as a bad guy or a threat, although as an adult it seems like he's holding back info that could give the Sharp family the justice of seeing the people that took so much away from them finally get justice dropped on them like an anvil.
CoffeeOD

Return to keddie facts