Sacramento Interviews with Sheila and Sheriff

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Sacramento Interviews with Sheila and Sheriff

Postby 2Poodles » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:40 pm

I just watched both segments by going to the Sacramento News web site. They are very good interviews, Sheila you did a fantastic job. The video vuts out just before the end of you segment so I don't think we miss the last minute or 2, but the rest of it is great. I really hope this will bring you some answers and whatever new DNA evidence they have will solve this case once and for all. Those who still live there and know anything about this case, it's about time to put your selfishness behind and come forward with everything they know. You know who you are. I have doubts that you will until you are forced to. Maybe the DNA will connect you to the case and you will have no choice. I hope who ever is handling this case now will stop at nothing to solve it.
2Poodles

Re: Sacramento Interviews with Sheila and Sheriff

Postby Ausgirl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Couldn't agree more, Poodles. :-)

I'm really hoping some more locals (especially those who knew Marty, or some of the other people on our who's who list) join up. Or see the news special and start talking. Something justafriend said really hit home and helped me understand why more people haven't spoken up - it's just too painful, with how devastating these murders were, to those who cared about Sue and her children, and Dana. And really awkward for them and everyone else, probably.

But it does feel better to talk. I hope some more people do. Every scrap of real information brings this case a little bit closer to being officially solved.
Ausgirl

Postby ForensicGirl » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:59 am

I watched both of the segments as well. I really hope that this publicity helps renew some interest in this case. Maybe it reached some people that needed reaching!

On a side note, Tink I thought you looked gorgeous! I loved your top and necklace :-)
Loops, Whorls, and Arches...oh my!
ForensicGirl

Postby dmac » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Here are links to the video and story. The Part One & Part Two links go to a pages where the story is printed, and the video is embedded in the page. At the bottom of the pages are forms to leave comments. I cannot stress enough the need for us to go to these pages and leave comments. If we don't show interest in the case on their website--- which has a much broader and entirely different audience than ours- how do we expect interest to remain, or to draw outside support and help to the cause?

Teaser Video:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/video/64 ... e-murders/

Part 1

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/11/ ... ly-member/

Part 2

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/11/ ... s-part-ii/

Again, please leave your comment(s) at the bottom of the pages. Tweet the links, share them on Facebook, email them to friends. Get people to visit them. We need to put heat under PCSO's butt to get them working this case, to make them responsible for doing zero for the last 30 years.

Have your say. Spread the word. Act.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby ForensicGirl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:12 am

Done.

Sorry, I attempted to post Sunday night after chat...but I guess I was on the wrong page because It would not let me post. I used your links today though and posted.

Hope everybody goes by and drops at least a line or two. We need to show them that interest in this case is high and give them more of a reason to stay on top of it!
Loops, Whorls, and Arches...oh my!
ForensicGirl

Postby dmac » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:11 am

In Part Two of the CBS-13 pieces, there are a couple points at the end that deserve close scrutiny. Apart from a few minor errors during the pieces themselves, and Hagwood's unexplained and bogus assertions that Marty's confession-taking therapist had changed his story ("the confessions fell apart", my ass!), the red flags are raised at the very end, when Tony and the anchor are doing a wrap-up Q&A:

Tony: "The bottom line is finding that person who helped one of the killers get out of town, because that is what's believed to have happened. At least they can have an accomplice in cuffs."

Anchor: "Do they have any idea how many people are alive that may know something?

Tony: "They know more than one because it's a small town, they know it was a situation where people knew what had happened, and somebody helped the suspects get out of town"

Well, Bo left town on April 14, via the bus, as he'd promised CA DOJ special agents Crim and Bradley he would- one of very few statements Bo made in his "interview" with them that morning that wasn't a ridiculous, obvious lie. Wade Meeks drove Bo to the bus station.

Marty left town after being let out of jail by PCSO on April 18, the morning PCSO made out a report about Marty threatening Wade with death while both were under arrest. "Put him in with me, I'll break his fucking neck!" "Tell them where the dope is, Meeks!" "Put him in here with me, I'll find out!" "You know I got her, Meeks, and I'm going to get you in the same way!"

So, in reality, DOJ was Bo's accomplice in getting him out of town, and PCSO was Marty's accomplice. Certainly, PCSO and DOJ had ample evidence to arrest Marty, Bo, and Marilyn on April 14, before anyone left town. Therefore, this, logically, cannot be a question of who helped them get out of town- LE did that themselves.

Is this question a lame attempt at subterfuge to mask for a very different question? Is the intended question 'who helped them get Tina out of Keddie'?

Marilyn and Dee Lake live in Plumas. PCSO pass by their homes daily. There's your answer, cops. They are both accomplices in the murders of Sue, Tina, and Johnny Sharp, and Dana Wingate. Now do your jobs.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Ausgirl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:24 am

D--- I didn't hear that last bit, :shock: think my puter glitched the playback there.

I think you should post the quote you made above and the three paragraphs under it. Somebody should. Because those are the facts.
Ausgirl

Postby vantravelor » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:31 am

truthfully i think everyone screwed up..the doj,the county and all involved..still need to look further and into the mothers background too..nothing is being said about her.supposedly she did drugs and a few other things. yes she was a good mother but.....still too many unanswered questions and answers..sorry but this is my opinion.if i offend anyone i am truly sorry but there is alot of unanswered things...i am not saying my uncle is innocent but like i stated before, he would never hurt a child or a women..
vantravelor

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:51 am

vantravelor wrote:..still need to look further and into the mothers background too..nothing is being said about her.supposedly she did drugs and a few other things. yes she was a good mother but.....still too many unanswered questions and answers..sorry but this is my opinion.

Sorry, but have to disagree.....Sue was NEVER into drugs or prostitution-those were rumors that Victoria Metcalfe speculated on, and had no real proof of. Just small-town gossip, nothing more.

In addition, no drugs or drug paraphenelia were ever found in C28 by LE during the investigation, which makes that theory even harder to take seriously.
Chichibcc

Postby Stay_zee » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:26 pm

I have been reading this forum for over a year. I find the case fascinating, and yet so sad. My condolences to Sheila for the loss of your family and for the ineptitude of the police in solving the case.
I saw in the video preview there would be more to come Thursday @ 10. Does anyone have a link to the thurday broadcast. I didn't see it on the news website, but could have missed it. I would really like to see it.

Maybe I am mistaken. Is there no additional video? just the one already imbedded?
Last edited by Stay_zee on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay_zee

Postby krazykat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:00 pm

If anyone needs to be looked at for a drug connection I think Dana would be a good place to start. Not saying he did them, but he and Johnny certainly wandered all over Quincy pretty much unsupervised and could have found or seen something they weren’t supposed to.

"Tell them where the dope is, Meeks!"

Kinda makes you wonder if maybe the boys found some dope hid it in Cabin 28. Which was then removed from that cabin on the night of the murders. Only to disappear again while Marty was away in Reno or Klammath.
krazykat

Postby Ausgirl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi Stayzee, and welcome to the forum!

Here's links to both videos, part 1 & 2:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/video/64 ... unt-woman/
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/video/64 ... s-part-ii/

KK, I think it's very, very telling that Marty was not screaming about his wife, but about drugs. It's obvious that he was referring to some missing drugs, and that he emphatically believed Wade Meeks knew exactly where those missing drugs were.

Wild speculation on my part: it's very possible that Marilyn, and probably Wade too (based on the above incident) ripped Marty off and blamed the boys. Maybe Bo (who I don't doubt had the appropriate contacts) had hooked Marty up with a higher level drug deal than usual. The resulting stash went missing, leaving Marty (and Bo) in an unpleasant situation with some scary people.

The ferocity of the attacks in cabin 28, the vicious facial beatings, the strangling of Dana (a very personal act of rage), and the staging of the crime to make Sue look like the target of a sexual attack (which she was not) all seem to add up to BOTH killers having a reason to be enraged, and then wanting to hide their real motive.

It kind of makes sense of a few things. All the mad running around done by everyone afterward - Wade, Marilyn, Dee, Bo, Marty - as well as why Marty and Bo didn't hightail it out of sight entirely, despite the risk of being arrested for a quad murder - maybe they had to stick around, try to find the stash, maybe head to Klamath to bunk down while waiting to account for the missing drugs. Think bout it. "No, we lost the drugs - but look, we made them pay."

The "her" Marty referred to in saying "I got her, and I'll get you the same way" could not be Marilyn, as she was not harmed in any way after the murders. Considering Marty was threatening to break Wade's neck, we can assume the the further threat to "get" Wade "the same way" meant Marty was threatening extreme violence. So who did Marty "get"? Unless he attacked or harassed another woman around the same time (and there's no evidence of that) , I think we know it was Sue.

But Sue was not a drug user. She had no drugs in her system at time of death, nor was she known to use them (she did used to drink, but had quit at the time).

Johnny and Dana are said to have dabbled in drugs, on a very small scale. But again, neither had any drugs in their system at time of death. Teenagers steal drugs -- and don't go on a binge? I don't think so.

I've been eyeballing the fact that quite a few people reported, as 'fact' or 'rumour', that John and Dana ripped drugs off and that's why the murders happened. I'm inclined at this point to look at WHO made those statements, what their relationship was with the circle of people immediately surrounding the crime, and why they'd be eager to pin a drug theft on the victims as motive.

Note that Marilyn was very eager to say that Marty was arrested for pulling a knife on somebody at the Exxon station - the same one Donna and Co were repeatedly placing John and Dana at the day of the murders. I'd really like to know WHY, EXACTLY, Marty was in that lock up, and who it was he pulled a knife on - if this in fact happened. I really would.

I'm not putting this forward as a "conclusive theory" - but it's one I'm not yet willing to toss aside, either.
Ausgirl

Postby Eastern » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:35 pm

A drug rip-off seems to be the motive that was quickly gossiped about after the murders. Who started those stories and were they purposely meant to mislead?

Was Marty trying to mislead what the murders were about by yelling what he did to Wade?
Last edited by Eastern on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eastern

Postby not sure » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:37 pm

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=352&p=7520&hilit=wade#p7520

I was under the impression this was the transcript from the official report.

If it wasn't an attempt to misdirect then Wade knows exactly what he was talking about...
not sure

Postby krazykat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Rip off wasn't really what I was thinking.

Last year I was walking down by the river path and found one of those bags that restaurants use to make deposits. It didn't have any money in it but it had some bags of crack. I turned it over to the police. These boys roamed freely and could have come across something. Maybe they came across a pot field before it was harvested in the fall the year before and took a few buds. Perhaps they found something by the side of the road ir railroad. When highway 80 closes during the snow the traffic increases quite a bit on 70 as it's a low pass and I've never found it closed myself.

I could go on but hopefully that gets the idea across. Dana was killed differently. The murders were made to look like something else. No one had any money that I can see from the research. I don't believe the cops covered this up to protect a confidential informant or someone in the WPP.

These are the things I can't stop thinking about, well and who brought the pellet gun.
krazykat

Postby not sure » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:49 pm

KK, I've had the same thoughts myself.
Several people said they had heard there was supposed to be a drug drop from the train that went wrong. What if one of the kids happened upon something dropped from the train, took it home or hid it and then the owners came looking for it? Might explain Justin telling them to look "down by the river" for Tina.
not sure

Postby dmac » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:00 pm

not sure wrote:I was under the impression this was the transcript from the official report...

The report, as with the vast majority of all other police reports, likely has the officer paraphrasing, not giving Marty's exact words. Further damage is done because not all the statements were put in the report. What the officer felt was interesting was admitted into the report, so he was both paraphrasing and cherry-picking statements he found worthy of mentioning. Not a great mix to have in what is the report of a very crucial incident in the aftermath of the murders- an incident which, easily, should have led to Marty's being held and questioned further about the murders he commited.

There are even failures within failures within failures by LE.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Ausgirl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:50 am

"Tell them where the dope is, Meeks" -- note that Wade's conversation with the police drops Marty and Bo straight in the deep end.

Yet, he was REAL good friends with Marty before all this went down. It's very clear to me that both Wade and Marilyn wanted Marty out of the picture, desperately, so they could get on with boinking in peace.

My question is - how far were they willing to go to GET Marty out of the picture? Recall how he hunted her down across several states, prior, and threatened to kill people who were seeing her later. Marty wasn't an easy man to get rid of, he was violent and unpredictable, and certainly not the type to let his wife swan off with a kid who was supposed to be his buddy and not make life hard for them. And Marilyn seems to me to be precisely the type of opportunist to use some "missing" items to set Marty up for a jail sentence. Too much of a coward to get blood on her own hands, perhaps not malevolent enough to want a whole family murdered to get her way. But certainly selfish and thoughtless enough to lie about something that could get people killed, and cunning enough to cover her own ass with both hands afterwards.

Was her change of mind all those years later the result of a guilty conscience? Her new-found love of Jesus? I don't think so. Most of her pointyness was directed toward the Meeks family, all those sly little digs and lies regarding Mrs. Meeks' memory, and her appeals to Wade - mixed with several "innocent" suggestions that Wade knew exactly what had happened at the cabin... In other words, none too subtle warnings that he better stay off those boards and keep his mouth shut, behind all her wailing for him appear and do her bidding.

To me, her behaviour just screams of somebody covering their tracks. But look at the tracks she covers. Claiming later that Marty was innocent does a LOT to prevent people wondering about her own role in the whole sordid development of motive scenario. or would have, if everyone was as dumb as she'd like them to be.

KK, you do make a good point regarding the possibility of the boys simply stumbling onto something they shouldn't have. In my mind, though, it doesn't quite cover the question of why Marilyn lied so much, nor why Marty screamed about drugs and not his wife in that Jail cell, and a bunch of other stuff.

As a side note, I'd love to know how well Marty knew Karl Spang.
Ausgirl

Postby not sure » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:17 am

It does seem as if Karl was following those cars for a reason other than just curiosity. His statements smack of seaminess, almost, as if, HE was looking to rip someone off.
not sure

Postby Ausgirl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Exactly, NS - Spang couldn't lie straight in bed. He had to retract his first round of BS to the cops when they figured out he was BS'ing them (perhaps he told them he'd joined the policeforce when he was 8... :lol: ) before coming up with a fresh round of steaming untruths.

The guy had a van, admits to being near the house on the night of the murders, lies his arse off to police about why, admits to lying -- why wasn't he looked at with a microscope over Tina's abduction? While I think at this point that Dee Lake had a hand in that, it would have looked very bad indeed for Spang, who clearly did not enjoy the same facade of respectability in the local community.

Spang, I believe, was not just passing through Keddie that night, and his story about chasing down cars full of drug dealers reeks of bovine poo. I'd really like to dissect his commentaries for sign of what he misdirecting the cops about. Had he heard something big was going down and was just there as a looky-lou? Was he another upstanding Marty-pal? Was he there to pick up a deal? I doubt it was merely a baggie of weed, if that's the case. He was panicked enough about -something- to scramble for lies that made him look very clearly like the drug user he was. I wonder what.

The local stoners (and a few non-locals as well) were all out in force that night, zipping around like a swarm of gnats and BS'ing so much it's a wonder they did not drown in it. Something was going on. Again, I wonder what.
Ausgirl

Next

Return to keddie facts