JOHN SHARP AND
GLENNA SHARP - VICTIMS;
HOMICIDE

Examination requested: microscopic analyses

Specimens:

Q1 Tape from wrist of John Sharp (1)
Q2 Tape from wrist of Glenna Sharp (2)

Result of examination:

The Q1 specimen consists of several lengths of one-inch-wide, white "plastic"-coated cloth tape and one length of 1/2-inch-wide. white "plastic"-coated cloth tape. The Q2 specimen consists of several lengths of 1/2-inch-wide "plastic"-coated cloth tape. The brand(s) or the specific use(s) for which the above-mentioned tape was intended is unknown in this laboratory.

The submitted items are being returned to your office under separate cover by registered mail.
jhancock

Re: One-page report from FBI Laboratory

Postby MommylovesMax » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Josh,

I've read this three times. The tape was sent to the FBI lab for the FBI lab to confirm it's length and width? What the heck? What am I missing? (I must be more tired than I knew...)
Shannon
Mom of three, losing brain cells hourly
MommylovesMax

Postby dmac » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:08 pm

The purpose of Josh's post is to indicate at least TWO ROLLS of medical tape were being used to restrain victims.

Looks like the perps came prepared for something.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby MommylovesMax » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:52 pm

dmac wrote:The purpose of Josh's post is to indicate at least TWO ROLLS of medical tape were being used to restrain victims.

Looks like the perps came prepared for something.

Okay, duh. Thanks, dmac. =-))

I have a few thoughts about this, but don't trust myself to try and explain tonight. Exhaustion is stealing my brain cells. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Shannon
Mom of three, losing brain cells hourly
MommylovesMax

Postby LadyKim » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:36 am

jhancock wrote:Dated August 17, 1981...

The brand(s) or the specific use(s) for which the above-mentioned tape was intended is unknown in this laboratory..... If the FBI could not tell us what the "specific use(s) of this tape is , then why is it said that it was Medical tape ??? Do we know for sure that it was indeed medical tape ?
Sorry if this has already been answered , new here and just trying to figure things out :)
LadyKim

Re: One-page report from FBI Laboratory re: Tape

Postby narmrn » Tue May 17, 2016 8:25 pm

i would be interested in exactly what kind/ brand of medical tape was used. Some brands and types are readily availabe for purchase by the public and other brands and types are more specifically used in the hospital, and not available on pharmacy shelves. If one of the POI had any connection to a healthcare worker...and it was hospital acquired medical tape, sometimes inadvertantly left in a uniform scrub pocket at the end of a shift and brought home from a place of employment..in example,the hospital, nursing home....it might shed additional light on the source of the medical tape. Although I can also attest that patients will steal anything that is not nailed down in examining rooms.
narmrn

Postby dmac » Wed May 18, 2016 10:31 am

a commonly repeated idea is that Marty may have stolen some of the tape during his recent stay at the Reno VA.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby JEP » Wed May 18, 2016 7:17 pm

I was in nursing school in 1981 and became a nurse in 1984. If my memory serves me right, there were basically two kinds of tape used in hospitals in the early 80. One was a cloth tape which is mentioned above, but had no "plastic" coating. That kind of tape was only sold to the public in drug stores and not used by the medical staff, at least not that I ever saw. The other was silk tape, which again, has no plastic coating. This may be one of those rabbit holes you talk about D but in my opinion, the tape was readily available to the public but not used by medical staff.
JEP

Postby dmac » Thu May 19, 2016 9:22 am

I remember the J&J cloth tape as commonly available. Being a rugged little dude, I used it often and despised the plastic coated crap. It really pissed me off when the cloth stuff stopped being sold to the public, but I don't remember when that went down. It just slowly faded away, until only that worthless plastic crap was available. It was right around this time, though (1980). I also remember we had many rolls of tape, and some lasted years.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie files