"Missing" files

case files, articles, etc

"Missing" files

Postby not sure » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:15 pm

I was reminded about the two people who supposedly took files home to continue their "investigation" of these crimes....Doug Thomas and Rod DeCrona.

Is it possible many more documents pertaining to these crimes do exist but are in the possession of one of these former LE officers?

Josh, does PCSO insist all of the files are presently accounted for and on file in the Keddie room? Did they ever mention if any documents had been removed from the files and if so, who removed them, why and were they returned? If not, why not and where are they now?

By missing, I mean documents relating to: Richard Meeks' 2 cabin walkthroughs; interviews with other neighbors (surely the Seabolts were interviewed, no?); interviews with others present at the bar/lounge; the bartender's interview; the barmaid's interview; Mrs Meeks' interview with FBI (they went to her house); other various reports and docs previously mentioned in this forum...etc.

Mr DeCrona was at the lounge that night...where's his interview?
not sure

Re: "Missing" files

Postby MommylovesMax » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Is there an answer to this, Josh? Just paging through old posts and saw this didn't have a response yet.
Shannon
Mom of three, losing brain cells hourly
MommylovesMax

Postby Cheshire » Sun May 18, 2014 11:44 am

Hmmmm...
Cheshire

Postby Chichibcc » Sun May 18, 2014 2:34 pm

not sure wrote:interviews with other neighbors (surely the Seabolts were interviewed, no?)

Mrs. Seabolt was interviewed by Doug Thomas himself, according to what she told Josh (which was one of the "deleted scenes" on Part I of the DVD--and appeared to have been only on the early copies. My copy, which I ordered in 2011, contained no deleted scenes whatsoever).

"And then we just waited 'til the police came and I'm sure that everybody and every sheriff and highway patrolman in Plumas county showed up and went in that house. And they put us one by one in the police cars and the sheriff said to me, "Well?" And I said, "Well, what?" And he says, "What do you know?" And I felt so sorry for him because you know Plumas, Quincy had never had a thing like that and so they didn't have any idea even what questions to ask.... "

Source
Chichibcc

Postby sunnyday » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:54 pm

You have to wonder if this case was more incompetence or cover up.

Or both equally.
Tamara
No child's murder should go unsolved.
sunnyday

Postby Chichibcc » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:05 pm

I've always considered it to be a mixture of both. PCSO wasn't used to handling a crime as complex as this one, but along the way, corruption took over and further damaged the chances of solving it.
Chichibcc

Postby azucena » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:42 am

i agree that there were some in PCSO that did want to solve the case and that there was incompetence because personnel were not accustomed to dealing with a crime scene of this magnitude, and thus, evidence was inadvertently destroyed. However, I also believe there were others in the dept who never had any intention of seeing the case solved and subverted any efforts to do so.
azucena

Return to keddie files