Thank You, Mark McClish!

case files, articles, etc

Thank You, Mark McClish!

Postby Ausgirl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:46 pm

So, I heard back from Mark McClish, the Statement Analysis expert I contacted regarding Marty and Bo's statements to the DoJ.

Mr. McClish has kindly provided us with an analysis of Marty's statements and has posted it on the "famous crimes" section of his website:

You can read it here.

UPDATE: Severin John "Bo" Boubede's statement analysis is now up on the site as well: Click here to read.

Remember, Mr. McClish works with the words in front of him. He said in his email that "there was not as much" to work with as far as his technique goes, with Boubede's statement as there was with Marty's. Still, there's some valuable points made. Once more, many thanks to Mark McClish for lending this case his time and knowledge.
Last edited by Ausgirl on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ausgirl

Re: Thank You, Mark McClish!

Postby Ausgirl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:30 pm

I should also note that Mr. McClish wasn't given any additional information as to the lies we KNOW were told in those interviews.

I only gave him the links, and asked for an analysis of the DoJ statements, as well as his opinion of the interview techniques employed by Crim & Bradley.
Ausgirl

Postby Eastern » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:25 pm

That was so interesting. I can't wait to read his analysis of Bo's interview. Thank you, Mark McClish!

Please, oh please, analyze Marilyn's statement to LE.
Eastern

Postby dmac » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Yes, a very interesting analysis. I spent time reading through several of te other examples of his work on his site, all of which were enlightening. I didn't see any way to thank him on his site, so I'll thank him here:

Thank you, Mr. McClish! your insight into the statements of Bo and Marty, and the time and effort you put into analyzing them, is appreciated. I hope not to suspect that I'm lying by adding an unnecessary bit of language, but it is VERY MUCH appreciated!

And thanks, Aus, for approaching him!
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby CoffeeOD » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:05 am

Thank you Mark McClish! I can't wait to read his post-mortem on the Bo interview. It took me 30 minutes of reading Mr McClish's work over and over with my jaw on my lap before being able to post this response.

Amazing stuff!
CoffeeOD

Postby geegee » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Bravo!! this was the best dissection of the "statements"IE..lies .Cant wait for more and so interesting.Thanks to all involved.
geegee

Postby azucena » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:15 pm

Very interesting and well done. It will be good to read what he has to say about Bo. I think an analysis of Marilyn's statements could be very helpful. I was also wondering if there is a trasncript of Dee Lake's statements to LE, and if he could possibly analyze those. These are two very important people in this case, who are still alive. If he does an analysis of their statements it could be forwarded to LE, for review. Sheriff Hagwood publicly stated on the KRCR interview he wants this crime solved, so ,perhaps Mr McClishes analysis of Marilyn and Dee's statements would goad them into bringing them both in for questioning.
azucena

Postby geegee » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:19 pm

I just spent the last few hours on the Mark McMclish,s site.Couldn't stop reading all the statements he has analyzed.So fascinating!
geegee

Postby burncast » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Wow! That's truly incredible. Especially thought this part was interesting:

In talking about leaving the bar after it closed, Smartt stated, "We had about enough time to drink one drink, which, about a half hour, must have been, oh, I'd say 1:45 when we left there and started back up. And, again, cuttin up jackpots and talking."
The word "started" means the act was interrupted or never completed. When he said he left the bar the first time, he stated, "Then we walked back home." That is what he should have said this second time he left the bar, "We left and walked back up." The use of the word "started" is a strong indication they did something else before they went home.

Mark McClish is amazing and I'm so happy he did this analysis. He really picked apart Smartt's statements. Thanks for getting Mr. McClish to do this, Ausgirl!
burncast

Postby not sure » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:19 am

Along with everyone else, I hope Mr McClish will do the other interviews from the main characters in this case. Dee Lake's would be on my list along with the rest.
Again, thanks Ausgirl for contacting him and thank you, Mark McClish!
not sure

Postby Ausgirl » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks, all. I was pretty impressed with this technique when I read his site, especially his take on McDonald's statements.

Re asking him to look over Marilyn, etc - I feel Mr. McClish haqs already been pretty generous with his time so I'm a bit shy of asking for any more of it for free. That doesn't mean we can't look over those statements (of course, we can only use direct statements, no 'he said' reports) and "McClish" them ourselves, using those techniques observable on the Statement Analaysis site.
Ausgirl

Postby Ausgirl » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:05 am

Update! Bo's analysis is in! The link is the original post. :) Cheers!

I'd LOVE to study this technique. I'm looking forward to buying his book.
Ausgirl

Return to keddie files