EAR-ONS

Postby Cheshire » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:54 am

Someone posted on another board, wondering if there might be a connection here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_Night_Stalker
Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:29 am

Cheshire

Postby Night Rider » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:08 pm

There is no known connection between the EAR and Keddie. Except for the fact that EAR committed three rapes in San Jose while Robert Silveria was living there. Big deal.

In addition, it is pretty much agreed that EAR went south to Santa Barbara and Ventura Counities around Aug to Sept of 1979. Between then and the last murder on 5-5-1986, it is believed that he bounced between there and Orange County.

Many people, including myself, have spent hundreds of hours apice researching the case. Never has anyone tied EAR to either Butte or Sutter Counties or to the drug running game.

I'm sorry, but that just seems like fanciful dreaming, someone just looking for that big score. Look at the story of Roger A. Melanson. It took a 35 year cold hit to place him in California in 1974. Could he have done more than that Napa murder? No one is saying right now.
Night Rider

Postby Night Rider » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:33 pm

Now if you want a real wacky suggestion, look into Phillip
Arthur Thompson. That one is a real bad seed.

Not saying that he was in the open at the time, but he could have been. The kidnapping of Valarie McDonald from the City was in July of 1980.

Fair warning, even reading about him could be a problem. Some people feel that he has done a heck of a lot more than what has been attributed to him.
Night Rider

Postby Cheshire » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Another one?! Good God, what is it about that part of the state back in the 70s and 80s? Seems to have been quite a dangerous place. (What do you mean that even to read about him might be a problem?)
Cheshire

Postby Night Rider » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 pm

It's just that in checking to see what is out there for that guy I found a Google return marked "this site may harm your computer." All I'll say is that the person who's name is on that site is a very dangerous person.

As to your question, I think it was a "perfect storm." Beginning in the early '50s, California had a large influx of outsiders. No one really knew anyone, especially not the cops. They were just getting to figure out the influx of people who came in during WW2 to work in defense jobs.

There was a lot of new money laying around, should read: "I need a new drug." So someone filled the void. Sure, the Big Apple had horse wayy back, but they had something else, the families. They knew that "bad actors" were bad for business.

Some of our worst offenders were outsiders, like Gerald Gallegos, and Juan Corona and his brother Natividad. I'm not sure about Richard Ramirez. most people believe that neither Zodiac nor EAR were native Californins. Tommy Lynn Sells was born in Oakland, but went to Missouri before he was two years old.

But Northern California has had way more than its share of real wackos. The SLA gang, the vampire killer, Robert Rhodes, Dirty Dorthea Puente, David Carpenter, Clarence Ray Allen (Fresno). And a whole lot more that I can't remember right now. Of course no one can forget Charlie and his bunch and Cary Stayner, and that guy who kidnapped Cary's brother.

Who knows why? some of it is due to drugs, but guess what state has a higher percentage of SK's per capita?? WASHINGTON... But Oregon is on the same corridor, and their rate is nowhere near as high???
Night Rider

Postby dcheryl83 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:15 am

When you say "the person whos name is on that site," do you mean the Thompson or the owner of the site?
dcheryl83

Postby Night Rider » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:05 pm

No, the person who's name is on it, Michael Riconoscioto, currently a Federal prisoner.

I don't want to say too much about him, since I believe he will be involved in the "Monkey Case" that is being prosecuted by the Attorney General of our state.

This guy has made so many claims over the years that he is very hard to believe. The most outlandish of which was that he and another person delivered a 40 million dollar bribe to the Iranian government to make the "October Surprise" happen. Need I say more??
Night Rider

Return to just speculatin'