Old Keddie Forum

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Old Keddie Forum

Postby kmik » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Dmac, thank you for encouraging us to read the old "Cabin 28" forum. I came across this post about the Wingate family by someone who apparently knew them really well. I had always believed that Gary was just an old drunk and the mother was no good. After reading the post, by someone who knew them, I would say Gary was apparently as descent as anyone else living in Quincy (he owned his own business and was taking care of a girlfriend with MS). I also like the fact that whoever wrote this was not afraid to correct Richard or Glenna Meeks - which is probably what prompted this person to post to begin with. The entire post was written by Guest - but he/she starts off by quoting a couple of Richard M.'s post.

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:41 pm
subject: Re: guest that new dana and family

RICHARD MEEKS wrote:
GUEST if there is a way contact me i really prefer to be doin this in private

here goes, first of all dana did live at the foster home were bail lane and quincy junction rd come together. i know this because i stayed out there alot and had other friends there. now as far as the reason dana was out at the foster home was that he did not get along well at his home. i know this because the windgates lived behind the napa auto parts in quincy at the time and he told me every time we walked by there to browns trailor park that he didnt want to stop to see his dad because of janet. as far as the girls i do believe they did live there and then moved up to marshal i know this because at one time i was very close friends with danas sister.

ANYWAY THE BOTTOM LINE IS THERE ARE ENOUGH STORIES BROUGHT TO ATTENTION HERE FROM PEOPLE IN THE PAST THAT DO IT JUST FOR THE ATTENTION AND SO THEY CAN BELIEVE THAT THEY WERE PART OF THIS .....SO IF THERE IS A WAY TO PRIVATLY MESSAGE ME THEN FEEL FREE TO DO SO.

P.S. BY THE WAY ALL OF U NEW PEOPLE IT IS NICE TO SEE SOME NEW ENERGY BROUGHT TO THE BOARED SO KEEP IT UP. SASSY AND I TRULEY WISH WE COULD HELP IN OTHER WAYS BUT WE ARE UNABLE TO

Here's the deal. I know that everyone has their own set of "facts" and memories with regard to that period of time. I have my own and clearly they are closely tied to Dana and his family. Put it this way - I can name the birthday of every Wingate girl, and don't need to look them up. I'm here to set some facts straight and help answer some questions about Dana. I have no need for attention otherwise I'd register & give my name. This board can get a little creepy and I'd prefer to stick with answering questions and the facts, as I know them. If you believe me, fine. If not, fine. Dana's gone and nothing will change that for any of us that loved him.

Richard, please forgive me for saying this, but I have to correct something. You were never "close friends" with any Wingate sister. Your brother Walter had a huge crush on one of them and she wouldn't give him the time of day. LaDonna tried to hang out with another sister, but she was a "fringe" friend at best and that was it. You might have gone to the same parties we all did, or were in the same room with one of them at some point, but you can't claim that you were close friends, OK?

Dana and Janet got along, period and the fact is that both of them are gone so it's left to those of us that knew both of them on a day-to-day basis to dispel anything otherwise. Janet never lived in the trailer behind the Golden Ox/Napa Auto next to the creek. She moved in with Gary to a mobile home on Mansell St. next door to Coach Rippey. Janet had MS and could barely walk. Gary owned Summit Fence and built a wheelchair ramp and reinforced the handrails for her. How do I know this? I was there. When I say first-hand, I mean first-hand.

After Dana was killed, they (all 3 girls and Janet and Gary) moved 2 doors down from that mobile home to the house on the other side of Coach Rippey. Brown house, weird slanted roof over the door - still standing. Check it out if you don't believe me. One bathroom upstairs. It was hell on her living there, but they did for almost 5 years.

Do I know why Dana was in the group home? Yes. When I say it was minor - by today's standards - then believe it. Shoplifting, joyriding, more than one incident and that's why he was in the group home. Never anything related drugs and he didn't drink because he was diabetic - a brittle diabetic - like his mom, who is also gone.

Richard, I hope this post doesn't "inflame" you into another diatribe - I've read a lot of your other posts. I'm not interested in a pissing contest of who knew the Wingates best. I know what I know and how I know it is because I was there, which again, is why I won't register and give my name. I won't disrespect the Wingate Family by discussing anything more than correcting mis-information about Dana. Everyone is free to draw their own conclusions as to whether what I've said is accurate and/or informative

There are also several more post by this person that just give a little more insight into the Wingate family. Very interesting and worth reading.
kmik

Return to just speculatin'