Stay out of keddie?

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Stay out of keddie?

Postby Trapper » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:53 am

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'll put it here. Let me know if there a better place for these types of questions...

Last weekend I was on my way to butte meadows and I passed through quincy as usual. While at a gas station (76) in town, I started talking to a guy who knew the area "real well". I asked what was up with that little resort called keddie in hopes he'd pass along some locals only info. He told me I better stay out of there and "some kids got kilt" there. I was told it's all private and if someone see's me poking around, they'd probably call the law or at least run me out of there.

Does anyone have any negative experience with the residents or local LE about looking around keddie or taking pics?
Trapper

Re: Stay out of keddie?

Postby dmac » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:52 pm

There's been talk over the decades of those interested in 28 being chased out of Keddie with shotguns, and I know the owners- and residents- are angry about the unwanted attention these crimes have created. I've also done my best to keep people off the property, as it is privately owned. I've put hundreds of photos of the area online to help explain the layout, as well as satisfy outsiders' curiosity, without them having to poke their noses into Keddie.

When the hammer was found, many were upset- apparently including the owners. Much of the strain was relieved when PCSO explained that the attention to the area was a direct result of the case moving forward finally, and that only by solving the crimes will the BS tourism hope to be alleviated. After all, this isn't a ghost story or some massive mystery. Only to the uninformed or wantonly stupid is this anything but a very stupid mass murder, very poorly covered up by criminal elements withing PCSO and the CA-DOJ. The only mysterious part of the case is the coverup, and visiting Keddie has as much chance of solving any portion of the real mystery as it holds chances of seeing ghosts and elves dancing together around a Maypole.

As an aside, even the person who found the hammer in the pond requested and received permission from the owners/manager of Keddie concerning where and when they could search.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby budrfligh » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:40 pm

I used to joke that I could make a fortune by driving to Plainsville and filling viles of dirt. I discovered that wasn't as funny as I thought because suddenly every gore hound in true crime sites wanted a vile of Ed Gein dirt! Plainsville is a quiet, tiny town that to this day will run you out of town for any mention of Gein. It is also a tight knit community and tight lipped. It's very rare you will find an elder generation willing to talk about him and even grandchildren are afraid of the Gein boogeyman. Being an avid student of profiling serials and living a scant 15 minutes away I steered clear of any effort to get intel. Being as Gein is not a real serial killer perhaps I gave up the bone easier but I just knew better. I'd have a better chance getting into Mendotta to interview Gein himself than one word of a resident. I think it's about time Keddie got rid of this festering splinter and get their town back. Nothing good is going to happen there, for any owner until this is resolved.
budrfligh

Postby iraqpack » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:14 pm

I'm from Greenville, which is right near Keddie. First, there's nothing to see in Keddie. It's a pile of crap. Second, if you were to drive down there and stay on the asphalt, I seriously doubt you'd encounter anyone. You might have people staring at you out of their window, but everyone does that in Plumas county. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who live there are meth heads these days. I've been there quite a few times. It was a little eerie one night when my car broke down and I went down near the old lodge building to use the pay phone. This was in like 2000, so I didn't have a cell phone yet lol
iraqpack

Postby dfc9781 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:57 am

iraqpack wrote:I'm from Greenville, which is right near Keddie. First, there's nothing to see in Keddie. It's a pile of crap. Second, if you were to drive down there and stay on the asphalt, I seriously doubt you'd encounter anyone. You might have people staring at you out of their window, but everyone does that in Plumas county. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who live there are meth heads these days. I've been there quite a few times. It was a little eerie one night when my car broke down and I went down near the old lodge building to use the pay phone. This was in like 2000, so I didn't have a cell phone yet lol

Its closeby Mount Shasta though, isn't it? A beautiful area that I've always wanted to see.. but I probably couldn't resist driving through Keddie if it were near.
dfc9781

Postby cinnimon97 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:30 pm

I would love to see it because that's my nature but I also understand the reason people that live there would be upset --- plus cabin 28 is gone now
cinnimon97

Postby budrfligh » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Personally I find it absolutely beautiful as far as places go. If I didn't know about the murders it would be a hidden gem. It be hard to go there just to vacation now. I would give myself away.
budrfligh

Return to just speculatin'