Did Dana Wingate Die On His Feet?

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Did Dana Wingate Die On His Feet?

Postby KayB » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 pm

After seeing the murder scene photo of Dana lying face down with his feet crossed, it made me remember something, so I wanted to share:

In the 1st Episode of Homicide Hunter, Murder in the First, Joe Kenda says, "There's a Unique Factor in Humans...If You Die Standing Erect...and YOU DIE ON YOUR FEET, YOU FALL FACE FORWARD (usually) WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND."

"There's Something Called The DEAD MAN'S FALL - ONE OF YOUR FEET WILL CROSS THE OTHER ONE - without question. It could be left over right or right over left, but one of them will."

The autopsy diagrams shows Dana was hit in the head numerous times, apparently with a hammer for one. Now it seems, one of those blows may have been what killed him, rather than strangulation.

Have to wonder how much damage was done to the victims bodies after their deaths?

It appears then, as others have pointed out, the 3 victims were most likely tied together after being murdered to throw off the investigation. Also, with only one restraint loosely wrapped around one of Dana's ankles, that would hardly be enough to hold him in place. The murderer probably found it hard to tie around both, as Dana's ankles were locked in place at death.

Bo being in prison, surely learned a lot about murder & tricks he could use to send the law enforcement & physicians on a wild goose chase.

P.S. I'm a newbie - nice to meet you all.
KayB

Re: Did Dana Wingate Die On His Feet?

Postby dd1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 pm

KayB, I'm a newbie also and a Kenda watcher. I remember him saying that! Good on you for bringing that to mind! Hopefully dmac or someone else with experience with this case will answer this.
dd1

Postby dd1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Nope. Sorry, just remembered that liver mortise had already been established on Dana's posterior. That means he had been flipped over.
dd1

Postby KayB » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Thanks. Found it very interesting too. Really enjoy watching Kenda.

As for the liver mortise, that is interesting too. Found where in the autopsy, it speaks of finding both lividity marked anteriorly and posteriorly.

Dana's Autopsy Report: "Lividity is marked anteriorly and it no longer blanches and mild non blanching lividity is present posteriorly."

So this would mean Dana's body was lying face down longer since "it no longer blanches" but had been turned over at one point considering "mild non blanching lividity is present posteriorly."?
KayB

Return to just speculatin'