Why were ALL the weapons left there?

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby Chichibcc » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:28 am

This is one of the most baffling things, to me, about this case-that the killers left all the murder weapons in the cabin, in plain view on a table in the living room, of all places. There were no fingerprints found on them, but still, why would they have risked it?

Either they were very careless, or didn't think they would get caught, or maybe they couldn't think of anywhere to hide/bury them. It's just so odd to me.
User avatar
Chichibcc
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:08 am
Has thanked: 656 times
Been thanked: 239 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby Jdombrowski89 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:43 am

Chichibcc wrote:This is one of the most baffling things, to me, about this case-that the killers left all the murder weapons in the cabin, in plain view on a table in the living room, of all places. There were no fingerprints found on them, but still, why would they have risked it?

Either they were very careless, or didn't think they would get caught, or maybe they couldn't think of anywhere to hide/bury them. It's just so odd to me.


Well it seems as if the killer's did not bring the weapons with them. The weapons were all from inside Cabin 28. Now after the killer's left, if someone had seen the perpetrator(s) leave the cabin, they could have easily called the cops with a make of vehicle,etc. If you are the killer(s) and you leave the scene of the crime, and are stopped over by the police or someone else (Not to forget you have the murder weapons), your sunk. Taking the weapons would have probably been too risky. If the weapons were from the killer(s) themselves, then I would have imagined them to have taken them when they left the scene of the crime.
User avatar
Jdombrowski89
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:34 am
Location: Erie, Pa
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 am

Jdombrowski89 wrote:
Chichibcc wrote:This is one of the most baffling things, to me, about this case-that the killers left all the murder weapons in the cabin, in plain view on a table in the living room, of all places. There were no fingerprints found on them, but still, why would they have risked it?

Either they were very careless, or didn't think they would get caught, or maybe they couldn't think of anywhere to hide/bury them. It's just so odd to me.


Well it seems as if the killer's did not bring the weapons with them. The weapons were all from inside Cabin 28. Now after the killer's left, if someone had seen the perpetrator(s) leave the cabin, they could have easily called the cops with a make of vehicle,etc. If you are the killer(s) and you leave the scene of the crime, and are stopped over by the police or someone else (Not to forget you have the murder weapons), your sunk. Taking the weapons would have probably been too risky. If the weapons were from the killer(s) themselves, then I would have imagined them to have taken them when they left the scene of the crime.


Yes, I was already aware that those items were already in the cabin, which maybe is probably why they were used in the first place. Maybe the killers thought that since the items belonged to the Sharp family, they wouldn't have to worry about anything being traced back to them, making solving the case even harder.
User avatar
Chichibcc
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:08 am
Has thanked: 656 times
Been thanked: 239 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby coffee is love » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:24 am

my guess would be either they were on something and reckless. or they had enough arrogance to believe (or more importantly know....) they werent going to get busted. there is no mention of gloves being worn to prevent leaving prints. so im betting on the knowing aspect. maybe they knew they would be escorted out of town???
coffee is love
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:35 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:13 am

I didn't think about gloves. Maybe the killers had planned what they were going to do, but not exactly how they were going to do it-which could be why they brought no weapons, or gloves, for that matter.

But unfortunately, it seems that the prints they did leave were not of much help to the PCSO, though, for whatever reason.
User avatar
Chichibcc
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:08 am
Has thanked: 656 times
Been thanked: 239 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby BUTTERFLYVALLEY1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:59 pm

POI stated in one of his interviews (?) that he had had a hammer setting on his front porch and it had not been seen since the murders.
User avatar
BUTTERFLYVALLEY1
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: California
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby gotbier » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:15 am

Yea, nice cover in case his 'missing' hammer is found with blood on it! IMO
;-)
User avatar
gotbier
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:44 am
Location: Reno, Nevada
Has thanked: 243 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby Chichibcc » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:31 am

Why in the world would anyone want to "steal" a hammer, of all things, from him? What a ridiculous story...
User avatar
Chichibcc
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:08 am
Has thanked: 656 times
Been thanked: 239 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby William Lee » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Chichibcc wrote:Why in the world would anyone want to "steal" a hammer, of all things, from him? What a ridiculous story...


Why, to frame the poor bastard. ;)
William Lee
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 pm
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby frida » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:13 pm

Besides the oddness of blurting out that his hammer was missing during interviews with LE, Marde also described the only hammer he had seen or knew of around Sue's cabin. This is strange to me because he claimed to have never been in the cabin and also because who notices the type of hammer someone else has?
I'm here all week folks!
User avatar
frida
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Has thanked: 201 times
Been thanked: 146 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby meankitty » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:28 pm

I thought he said somewhere that he had been in the cabin before.
meankitty
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:17 am
Location: Quincy
Has thanked: 626 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby frida » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Actually MK I have heard both said--that he said he had been in the cabin and that he said hadn't--in relation to the description of Sue's hammer he had been. In relation to the the glass with the fingerprint he hadn't been. In the first case from the marderer's mouth but in the second case from someone quoting the marderer on this board. Which probably means that depending on who marderer was talking to (or what meds he was on that day) he said both.
I'm here all week folks!
User avatar
frida
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:11 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Has thanked: 201 times
Been thanked: 146 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby dmac » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:32 pm

timeline wrote:7:30 pm April 11 810411-1930a Tina came home from the Seabolt’s and washed the dishes and returned to the Seabolt’s.

8:00 pm April 11 810411-2000b Thomas S., 23 years, Cabin # 14. His house is south of the Sharp house. He and his family came home approx. 2000 hrs. As he was entering his house, he looked toward the Sharp house and saw a female doing dishes in the kitchen sink. He stayed up until 0200 hours, but didn't hear anything unusual in the area.


Take into account the varying stories from Marderer after the murders about whether he'd ever been in Cabin 28. Take into account his prints were found on a bloody glass (Josh mentioned in chat on Sun that [a PCSO] contact, via email, said "[a] bloody fingerprint [on the glass]" was matched to Marderer). Take into account these are the same multiple murders Marderer confessed to multiple times.

Take into account you don't see a ramshackle cabin full of dirty dishes. Other than the destruction done by the killers, all that's really present is clothing (including laundry), which had likely originally been piled on the table where the weapons were found. The only dish seen in any photos is Sue's coffee cup, ever present in it's position on the table by her spot on the couch.

Take into account Tina had come home from watching TV at Seabolts to do her chores, cleaning the dishes. Take into account it is astronomically unlikely Marde had been in the cabin just prior to the murders, much less handling a bloody glass, much less a glass that hadn't since been cleaned in a home that was very tidy for a single mom with 5 kids.

Take into account it is astronomically unlikely that his fingerprint, in blood, on a glass inside Cabin 28, came from any time other than when he was inside that cabin brutally murdering four people.

Wake up and snort the goddammed coffee. Slam and dunk. If you cannot assimilate these facts, you are delusional.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
User avatar
dmac
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3215
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:26 pm
Has thanked: 709 times
Been thanked: 2669 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby zoomom » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Wasn't the dinner dishes done already earlier :-??|
zoomom
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:26 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby zoomom » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Regarding the weapons being left behind. Just a thought. I read an article about Jim Rini and his life of crime with and without Bo. Jim states that whenever he did a job he would leave the tools behind so in case he was caught they couldn't pin it on him since he wouldn't have anything tying him to the crime. Could Bo have taken the same lead and done the same? I figure this way they would not have been seen walking around trying to hide the weapons. IMHO
zoomom
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:26 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby Chichibcc » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:35 pm

That's certainly very possible, since the weapons used belonged to the Sharps, so they wouldn't have been traced back to anyone, already having been in the cabin.

At the same time, the way the wapons were just left laying on the table in such a casual manner made me think that they wanted LE to find them, which I've always believed....so I guess the decision for leaving them behind was probably a mixture of both reasons.
User avatar
Chichibcc
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:08 am
Has thanked: 656 times
Been thanked: 239 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby MommylovesMax » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:58 pm

frida wrote:Besides the oddness of blurting out that his hammer was missing during interviews with LE, Marde also described the only hammer he had seen or knew of around Sue's cabin. This is strange to me because he claimed to have never been in the cabin and also because who notices the type of hammer someone else has?


I have about 5 hammers around my house. I have a peg board in the garage where I try to keep them for simplicity's sake, but I am horribly unorganized. And, not proudly, my kids (the 6 & 4 year old) do find them and move them around too. Not only do I hardly ever have them in all in the right place at the right time, but I don't think I could give you a description of any of them. I definitely don't have any idea what type of hammers my neighbors have, and I am in and out of their house all the time. Eye rolls...

If you have a couple of "tween" aged boys that are constantly running around and exploring, I would think your hammer wouldn't magically remain in the same place at all times.

Then again, I have no idea why I bothered typing any of that, because obviously, all the Martty hammer talk isn't even in the Top 5 of all his stupid, unreasonable lies.

:x_x:
Shannon
Mom of three, losing brain cells hourly
User avatar
MommylovesMax
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:41 pm
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby Eastern » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Chichibcc wrote:That's certainly very possible, since the weapons used belonged to the Sharps, so they wouldn't have been traced back to anyone, already having been in the cabin.

At the same time, the way the wapons were just left laying on the table in such a casual manner made me think that they wanted LE to find them, which I've always believed....so I guess the decision for leaving them behind was probably a mixture of both reasons.


I think they wanted LE to find them, too; to make LE think those were the only weapons used for the murders so they wouldn't look for other things used that could lead them back to the killers. We know there were likely other weapons though. The bloody swiss army type of knife found in the trash bin outside the general store (that Justin also described)and I think there was probably a second hammer used that Marty and Bo brought with them. Why else would Marty come up with the story that his hammer was stolen if the only hammer used was the one the Sharp's owned?

Interesting info about Rinni leaving the tools at the scene, zoomom.
User avatar
Eastern
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 am
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 267 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby TREELAND » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 am

I'm not sure it was all the weapons but it sure seems like atleast with the knife and hammer neatly placed next to each other it was almost like a statement from the killers, these were are tools and look what we did with them. Even the bent knife on the floor, distorted and bloody has almost a scarey force of its own, maybe they even thought it looked amusing....."lookie here damn things crooked'. Most likely they left the weapons for the shock value and they knew it was okay to leave them, they were not worried about any forensic evidence that might be gathered from them.
TREELAND
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:40 pm
Location: Seattle
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Why were ALL the weapons left there?

Postby Eastern » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:20 am

The toolbox was missing from the cabin.

" 46. Sheila Sharp tells police that an off white colored wooden tool box is missing from the kitchen next to the refrigerator. It contained vice grips, pliers, and screwdrivers, normally. It also contained the hammer used as a weapon."

So, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the tools from the missing toolbox were used as weapons and the killers took those with them. The big knife left on the table doesn't seem to match most (if any) of the wounds. Sue and Johnny have some puncture wounds that probably weren't made by either knife left at the crime scene.
User avatar
Eastern
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 am
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 267 times

Next

Return to just speculatin'

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest