A transcript of Ricky Sharp's recording.

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

A transcript of Ricky Sharp's recording.

Postby meankitty » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:33 am

I'll post some of my thoughts on the tape recording later, but my first impression is that if someone deliberately turned off the recorder because they knew what Rick was going to say, then they are a really good psychic. (I also would have loved to be able to examine the tape itself.)

Here is the transcript of the tape

DOJ: This will be a tape recording, an interview by Special Agent Harry Bradley, P.A. Crim Jr., and Richard James Sharp, S-H-A-R-P, date of birth July 19, 1970. [phone rings] This interview is being conducted at 25 North Mill Creek Road, Quincy, CA. The time is 9:27 on 4-13-81. [rustling noises on tape] Why don't you just talk and see if the mike picks up your voice.
Ricky: What should I say?
DOJ: Just say something. Say hello.
Ricky: Hello?
[Crackle on tape, small popping noise.}
meankitty

Re: A transcript of Ricky Sharp's recording.

Postby gotbier » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:13 pm

They wouldn't have to be 'psychic' if they (Bradley & Crim) already knew who the killers were.
gotbier

Postby dcheryl83 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:43 am

That's it? That's all they recorded of him?
dcheryl83

Postby dmac » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:36 pm

meankitty wrote:DOJ: This will be a tape recording, an interview by Special Agent Harry Bradley, P.A. Crim Jr., and Richard James Sharp, S-H-A-R-P, date of birth July 19, 1970. [phone rings] This interview is being conducted at 25 North Mill Creek Road, Quincy, CA. The time is 9:27 on 4-13-81. [rustling noises on tape] Why don't you just talk and see if the mike picks up your voice.
Ricky: What should I say?
DOJ: Just say something. Say hello.
Ricky: Hello?
[Crackle on tape, small popping noise.}

That is NOT 'crackling' on the tape, it is the recorder being slid across the table again just prior to Crim or Bradley TURNING OFF THE MACHINE. The POP is the sound of the recorder being turned off.

meankitty wrote:In listening to the crackle before it shut off, it could be that the tape was chewing up in the recorder.

Wrong. That is NOT the sound of tape "being eaten"! Tape "being eaten" is when the tape is caught around the capstan or the roller that presses against the capstan. On machines such as the ones Crim and Bradley were intentionally misusing, not only would the sound of the tape being eaten be VERY DIFFERENT to a "crackle" (as you describe it), it would also sound like crap on playback because the very bit of tape that recorded the munching is the same bit of tape being munched. The tape passes the recording head, and a split second later passes through the capstan/roller. Most often, the tape wraps around the roller or is spewed out into a gap behind the roller. On rare occassions, it wll wrap around the capstan itself, resulting in the most damage to the tape due to stretching/snapping. Capstan damage is also the most difficult to repair because it usually results in the cassette being difficult-nearly impossible- to remove from the recorder without technical aptitude.

In other words, this has 0% to do with a tape malfunction- the portion of tape recording the mangle would have been irreversably damaged by the event, resulting in said portion being pinched and folded, resulting in a far different sound quality upon playback.

The pigs intentionally turned off the recorder. The closest thing they could say, with implausible deniability, is that it accidentally turned off when they were sliding the deck across the table. Bull, and not remotely plausible because the sound of it turning off is VERY NOTICEABLE on the tape, and far more noticecable to Crim and Bradley, who used these recorders DAMNED NEARLY EVERY DAY. They knew what they were doing, they knew what the recorder being turned of sounded like, and the only one in that room that didn't know a stunt was being pulled was Rick.

It was INTENTIONAL. And, YES, they were concerned about what Ricky would say... they were already quite busy burying what Justin had told them, so what the F do you think was in Crim's and Bradley's heads? It sure wasn't anything related to justice, they were trying to bury another problem.

Ricky was being interviewed in a private room, with no caretaker in the room, just a couple corrupt pigs? With whomever his caretaker was at the time waiting in another room, they had to keep Ricky in the room for a good period of time to feign a real interview, but they couldn't risk having anything on tape that would confirm Justin's statements, much less give far more accurate and conclusive statements than Justin was comfortable revealing. And it's far easier to stop a tape than it is to have to go back and record over it, which will leave evidence that the tape was tampered with after the recording was made. Crim and Bradley both were VERY familiar with the ins and outs of tape recorders and tape evidence, and they knew the best way to undermine Ricky's testimony was to claim nothing productive came from the interview, claim the player simply malfunctioned right after Ricky said his name. Sorry, too much bull in all of that for me to buy this episode as ANYTHING BUT Crim and Bradley intentionally turning off the recorder to undermine Rick's witness statements.

I listened to that sham of an "interview" less than two weeks ago-- all 20 seconds of it-- but cannot find a link to it, nor is it on Josh's YouTube channel- anyone have the link? Others should be able to listen right here for themselves.

EDIT
As for your post below, it's all been answered before. The "crackling" you describe is the sound of one of those disgusting, dirty pigs putting his ugly mitts on the recorder and moving it, not simply the sound of the recorder magically sliding, unaided. The mic is built into the recorder, and almost any contact made with the body of the machine will sound sharp and relatively violent on the recording. Again, if there was a link posted, I could go into much greater detail.

They knew what Ricky was going to say because they sure understood NOBODY in 28 could sleep through that real-life nightmare, and they knew Bo and Marty (at minimum) were the ones Ricky AND EVERYONE ELSE could positively ID. They'd recorded everything else, so it would have been a red flag NOT to record Rick and Greg like they had Justin and Sheila evey time they were interviewed. Besides, all they needed was plausible denial about realizing the tape deck had mysteriously, unexplainably, magically turned off by itself. They didn't ever have to use the plausible denial defense, as NOBODY BOTHERED TO QUESTION ALL THIS BULL AND CORRUPTION UNTIL NOW. And it ain't even plausible to begin with (cassette decks don't magically turn off by themselves), nor did they really give a damn... one thing about asshole dirty pigs which cannot be refuted is they don't really care about the implausibility of their lies- they simply believe they are beyond criticism, above suspicion, and that the corrupt LE system will tighten ranks to support them and protect itself. Which it does every damned day of the week.

They certainly were NEVER concerned over the lack of plausible excuses for the laughable interviews they did with Bo and Marty, interviews which should have resulted in two arrests. Why the hell would they flinch at turning off the tape on a 'stupid kid' whose eyewitness testimony would destroy the perps they were there to protect?

This case is INTENTIONALLY CORRUPTED FROM WITHIN. Get over it.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby jhancock » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:20 pm

For the record, the tape is not "chewed up" or damaged in any way; of the cassette recordings in the case, none of the others were of Rick Sharp. Could a different tape of a Rick Sharp interview have been removed from the Keddie Room before we were allowed inside? Sure, but doubtful. There was also no transcript of the supposed interview.
jhancock

Postby not sure » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Just my two cents here...

The tape recorder I had back then would crackle like that when the mic was moved around. It was due to a loose mic cord connection. Also, the same recorder would often shut itself off without my knowing it. For some reason, sometimes, it wouldn't recognize the tape being at the beginning. Thinking it was at the end the recorder would shut itself off. With someone talking I couldn't hear it pop off but when I would go to listen to the tape I could hear the distinct click on the tape. Many times I was dismayed for not catching one of my children's clever conversations because the recorder had shut itself off.

Another thought...if the tape recorder had an external microphone it's possible whoever was holding it, Ricky perhaps?, may have accidentally turned it off. Some cassette recorders, back in the day, would pause it's recording if the mic was turned off and if it wasn't turned on again for a certain amount of time the machine would shut itself off. No clue if that's the kind of recorder they had but it's not that far-fetched.

Basically what I'm saying (and I know it's not going to be popular but I'll suggest it anyway) is that the recorder being shut off could have been completely innocent.

And...

Let the lambasting begin... ;p
not sure

Postby dmac » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:50 pm

I must most strongly disagree, NS. Crim and Bradley were using their own tape deck, one with the mic built in- not an outside mic. I'm assuming it's Bradley talking, because Crim was usually only talking for punctuation or to help misdirect the course of the interviews. In Bo's interview, it's definitely Bradley who moves the deck:

"maybe I better move that tape over a little bit so it picks up on everybody talking."

'tape', not mic. The mic was built into the tapedeck.

About the best they can claim is that Bradley moved the deck over to Ricky, had him talk, moved it back, intentionally stopped it, played it back to hear if Rick was audible, and GEE DAMNED WHIZZ forgot to start recording again. BULLSHIT. The only truth in that scenario is the deck was intentionally turned off. They knew this deck, were very familiar with it, and it was sitting right in front of them on top of the table. You can choose to give these asshole mofos the benefit of the doubt, but I'm never willing to give a dirty pig a break. And these pigs were filthy.

"This will be a tape recording, an interview by Special Agent Harry Bradley, P.A. Crim Jr., and Richard James Sharp"

Like hell it will.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby not sure » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:03 pm

dmac wrote:
"maybe I better move that tape over a little bit so it picks up on everybody talking."

'tape', not mic. The mic was built into the tapedeck.

Okay, got me there and I should have paid more attention to some of the minor details on the Bo tape.

But if you want to get technical, he said tape and I don't know of any "tape" that records itself so he must have meant something else when he said that. And I figure if he made a mistake with that he could have made mistakes elsewhere. Just sayin'. :-)
not sure

Return to just speculatin'