Spang, Williams, Walke, Thompson - and Co.

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Spang, Williams, Walke, Thompson - and Co.

Postby Ausgirl » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Sorry, just a placemarker for now. Mainly as I'm researching still, but why I'm posting this now is to put out an appeal to locals reading the forum who might have known these people personally -- and ask them to PM me with any solid info they might have on Karl Spang, Donna Williams, Chuck Walke and Henry Thompson (NOT Thomas, sorry brain fart when I posted the topic!), particularly on how well these people knew each other and if so, through what circle of friends.

Anyone offering information has my assurance of total privacy, if requested.

Josh, I know I've asked a lot of you lately. But if you have any scrap of info on these people not already out there, could you send it to me?

Meantime, I have a lot of reading to do. :|
Ausgirl

Re: Spang, Williams, Walke, Thomas - and Co.

Postby Ausgirl » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Well, wow. People are so great, sometimes. Restores my faith, I tell ya.

In response to this, a local person (of a reliable nature!) has contacted me with some information regarding Walke.

They said:

- He lived a mile and a half from Keddie.
- He has a long history of trouble with the police.
- He was a known meth user in '81, and very probably a dealer as well.
- He had 5 minutes of fame when his wife at the time helped him escape from county jail.

They also said:

- They would not at all be surprised if Chuck knew more than he says he does.
- Chuck would know the area - including Feather Falls - far better than either Marty or Bo, being a lifetime local.
- That Chuck was a known liar, somebody not to be trusted, and was definitely sociopathic.

The part about meth really made me perk my ears. In my (peripheral!) experience, meth dealers are some of the scariest people there are. I've met a few, by association with some of my stupider friends - they were all, without exception, unbelievably sociopathic and violent, snap-tempered psychos. All of them. And none of them looked rich, despite the $ they made. IMO, it all likely went back into feeding their personal habit.

If there were meth deals happening in the area, it explains a LOT to me.

My sincerest thanks to this person for coming forward. Every scrap of info, no matter how small, is a piece of the puzzle we didn't have before.

Anybody with information regarding Spang, Walke, Thompson and Williams or any other person of interest, is more than welcome to contact me. I'm happy to keep you anonymous, and hold back parts of any information received on request if you're not comfortable with it being publically posted. Any help at all would be very appreciated!
Ausgirl

Re: Spang, Williams, Walke, Thompson - and Co.

Postby saintpat » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:29 pm

As Wakle was polygraphed and considered a person of intersest, can someone tell me what made him a 'suspect' or worthy of LE attention?

Was it 'round up the usual suspects,' or something more specific?
saintpat

Postby jhancock » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:22 pm

We interviewed Chuck for Part II of the documentary and most of his interview is featured in the film. He, and his buddy Henry Thompson, were considered people of interest because they had passed through Keddie the night of the homicides. They reported to the police about a suspicious vehicle they spotted, along with some suspicious men loading or unloading some suspicious cargo, and later stated that they were repeatedly harassed by PCSO. They had gotten some of their times wrong and generally were acting wary and nervous about the crime. Later, a friend of Henry's told PCSO that Henry confessed to the murders--but then Henry said that he only did this to get people to stop teasing him about the murders and calling him "Keddie Machete." We contacted Henry for Part II, and when producer-goddess Amanda reached him, he was hanging out with none other than Lisa Wingate. There's a lot more info I'm forgetting to put down here, but there's a Chuck Walke/Henry thread on here...

As someone who has met Chuck and sat down with him for several hours, I found him forthcoming, articulate, and upfront. Just my perception of meeting him. Never got the chance to meet Henry...
jhancock

Postby saintpat » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks, that's very helpful. I haven't seen either part of the documentary (will probably order both once I get a working DVD again -- I have an iPad but not a DVD that works, haha) but if I may momentarily hijack this thread, can you help me? I have read threads and posts that refer to "deleted scenes" from the DVDs. How many versions are there? What was 'deleted' and why? (I'm not screaming cover-up or anything of the like, just curious -- did someone threaten a lawsuit or something?)
saintpat

Postby meankitty » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:10 am

On part one of the DVD that I bought in 2008, there are some deleted scenes on it that aren't in later versions apparently. Also, Josh deleted some scenes off of Youtube because of lawsuit threats from Spencer, and he deleted one of Justin's scenes. This happened late in 2009.
meankitty

Postby jhancock » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 am

Yes--on some of the early DVDs, we included "deleted" scenes; simply meaning, those scenes that we thought were good and interesting, but that just didn't have a place in the finished film. Later DVDs did not feature these deleted scenes because, by then, I had put all of them online on our You Tube channel where anybody could view them.

I did delete one of Justin's scenes from You Tube per his request.

Any scenes that have been removed from online have nothing to do with anyone's threat of lawsuit--though those threats have been plenty!

Though it's a long way off, it's still my hope to compile any and all remaining "deleted" scenes and put them onto our You Tube channel. Just not sure when I'll be able to do this, and I hate to say maybe not until summer 2013. But we'll see!
jhancock

Postby kmik » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:12 pm

I have problems understanding the Karl S. story. From the police report it appears that Karl was "RECONTACTED" on 5-5-81. That was only 3 weeks and 2 days AFTER the murders were discovered. WHEN was he first contacted and WHY?

Looking at his story (as has been pointed out) he could possibly been on Hwy 70 after the last sighting of Johnny and Dana by Connie and Kevin.
Karl places himself in Keddie driving by Sue's house - even detailing the "yellow" porch light as seen in crime scene photos. His story of being in Keddie could be discredited but the statement by Timothy D. of "seeing the van parked across the Keddie bridge by the pond", seems to confirm it.

Karl was not a young guy at the time of the murders- he was a 34 year old man living with his mother. He did not live in Meadow Valley, Quincy, or Keddie.
Not sure but I believe he had been in the service and I am curious as to if he also went to FRC.

My desire is not to accuse Karl of the murders nor to lead suspicion to - or away- from Marty Smartt. I'd just like to know more about the people who were seriously questioned by the police.

This case not being solved is not because the 2 main suspects are dead - but because the living will not talk so that their stories can or cannot be disregarded.
kmik

Postby Cheshire » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Anyone have any new info to add to this thread?
Cheshire

Postby dmac » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:36 pm

A while back, I mentioned this odd bit on the PoN:

B, KELLI-- Karl Spang told Terry Armanino @ two guys in van on road near Keddie night of 187's <THOMAS>

Terry is better known as Joe Amormino. I believe Joe and Pat are a major break in this, incl. drug flow between Plumas and Butter, and relationships with druggie-dirty LE. I also believe Joe and Pat knew Marty well, and may also have been the focus of some of Marty's post-4/12 phone call threats of returning from Klamath to "finish what he started". Why would Marty threaten Joe? If it wasn't about relationships with Loon, my bet is relationships with drugs and money.

It's important to tie these people together, if they were tied together. Tie anyone to MMB/Dee/Tony's circle(s) and the focus widens.

Other than that, Raynard C appears to be the 'black' that Karl claimed Dana and Johnny caught a ride to Keddie with, alongside Dana Green (wma, not the wfa that was at the Back Door that night).

I haven't read the Spang stuff in a long time, so more things may line up now that I know more.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:00 pm

Sorry, I've been worn out with all the stuff going on. There is a Terry Armanino AND and Joe Amormino. Joe and Pat are the ones that ran the MV diner / gen store (Joe being the drug-smuggling priest), and Terry Armanino was about 25-27 in 81, and probably still playing adult-league basketball. Two separate guys, so Spang still isn't tied to Joe and his drug ops.

As an aside, I believe Terry played basketball with Mike B, which is my guess as to how Terry knew Kelli.

sorry!
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby grayghost » Mon May 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Terry Armanino was friends with Karl Spang. Both were from th same neighboring town and hung out together at times. Terry was about 20 or 21.
grayghost

Return to just speculatin'