Hello from North Carolina

introduce yourself, & tell us how you became interested in the case.

Hello from North Carolina

Postby Boudreaux » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:19 pm

I'm here because I like podcasts about unsolved mysteries--Dyatlov, M/V Joyita, etc. I heard a couple of podcasts about Keddie and immediately thought, "How in the world can this be unsolved? There must be a TON of clues to go on!"

Well, I've found many many answers here on Keddie28.com, and found a whole lot more to be puzzled by. (Like Dee Lake, for instance--what was he involved for?) The amount of information here is amazing--and remarkably voluminous, making it a slow process to find things I'm interested in. That's OK, it'll just take longer to get caught up.

On the personal side, I'm in my 60s, have one large wife and one small dog, and I have one fewer legs than most people. That was deliberate--I just wanted that SWEEEET handicapped parking. ;-) I hope I live long enough to retire. I like gardening, ham radio, rescue dogs, and darkroom photography.

And I'd like to thank you all for having so much information and discussion available to newcomers--this is an amazing resource. Thanks! --Boudreaux

These users thanked the author Boudreaux for the post:
dmac (Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:42 pm)
Boudreaux

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Postby dmac » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Fight diabetes. Beat it down.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Postby Boudreaux » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:12 am

dmac wrote:Fight diabetes. Beat it down.

That's a great sentiment, but my blood sugars are amazingly normal. :-) Never had a high serum glucose in my life. Both my legs got huge clots in the popliteal arteries. Docs say they don't know why it happens. They spent a couple of months fixing the left one, and over a year trying to keep my right leg on, and then trying to save as much of it as they could. (Side note: without my incredibly good insurance, we'd be bankrupt and living in a cardboard box.)

Anyway, the only thing to do is thumb your nose at the fates and try to get a laugh when you can. :-)

Right before they amputated the leg (I've got an amazingly disgusting photo if you want me to PM it to you), I *knew* they were going to do it; I could hear them on rounds outside my door every morning, and when I heard my surgeon say "I'll tell him now," I knew what was up.

So she came into my room, sat down, took both my hands in hers, and said "I'm sorry, but we are out of options--we are going to have to amputate, no other choice."

And I looked real sad, and said, "Well, OK ... it WILL grow back, right?" :-)

She looked shocked for about a second and then realized I was just being a goof again. :-) She had seen it a LOT in the previous year. :-)
Boudreaux

Return to intros