Hello!

introduce yourself, & tell us how you became interested in the case.

Hello!

Postby Pekeluvr » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:17 am

Hi everyone,

Just heard about this case for the very first time on a Podcast a few days ago. I can't believe I've never heard of it since I was born and raised in CA almost my whole life.
Searched for more info and found this site.
I have seen the film on YouTube and understand the person who produced it is not held to a very high regard on here. I've been trying to get up to speed on the board archives.

Pekeluvr

Re: Hello!

Postby dmac » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:06 pm

Welcome to the site and forum. If I may ask, do you recall which podcast mentioned the case? Link, if possible?

Thx- dmac
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Pekeluvr » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Hi Dmac,

Thanks for activating my account. The podcast was done by "Thinking Sideways." They discuss various unsolved murders, mysteries, phenomena etc.
After reading alot of the information made available on this site, it appears to me their episode/take on the murders was minimaly researched and sloppy at best.
Here is the link (I hope)
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3 ... urders.mp3
If I screwed up the link their website is http://thinkingsidewayspodcast.com. The Keddie murders episode is listed second post from the top and can be downloaded there.

Pekeluvr

Postby dmac » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:22 pm

What a hideous podcast! Their work is beneath contempt, and their inept deductions make their piss-poor assumptions appear brilliant by comparison. It seems they skimmed over photos, read beginnings of a few threads (not the ends of threads when, after sometimes years of discussion and new evidence, the topic often evolves into something both current and potent), and jotted down a few things to later misquote and misinterpret. One thing they said stands out as the hallmark of their research ethic: "The[ keddie28] site has TOO MUCH information!"

Despite this 'major problem' of keddie28.com going overboard on details in order to be both transparent and open for interpretation/discourse, 'sideways' still failed to read or understand basic concepts of the case. They also got ages wrong, claimed Sue was on the couch, completely missed Bo and his mob connections, ignored LE corruption, misinterpreted why each suspect IS a suspect, gave naff descriptions of staging, etc. etc. If you're familiar with any of the plethora of Keddie Case recaps on blogs/forums or in news articles, where the 'research' is lazy to nonexistent and the summary is BS, imagine three radio-host-wannabes jabbering on aimlessly for 75 minutes, treating murder as if they are Hollywood gossip columnists, guffawing at all the wrong places. A true disservice to the case, and to intelligent thought.

They try to come off like smarmy morning shock-jocks, and they succeed. Mostly, they suck. Loads of mangled misinformation in a soggy breakfast bowl of hackneyed 90s morning-show cliches.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby nekogirrl » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:43 pm

I so agree with you dmac. I listened to that podcast shortly after i heard of the keddie murders, and before i found your site. i assumed it would be interesting/informative. NOT. I came away feeling offended on behalf of the victims, because they did not deserve to be discussed/dismissed like that...."oh, they all got killed, and it was really bloody and horrible". <inane giggling> Murder is an insult to the living and the dead. The first evening I read over your site, I came away very sad and depressed (you may find that odd, over people i have never met, and who have been dead for 30 years)...but they were so young, even Sue. Yes, they all had problems and issues and emotional baggage. But as long as they were alive, they had a chance to overcome those things, get past them, outgrow them, work through them. I wonder what those kids would have done in their lives, if they had been allowed to live them. What would Sue have done? She was taking business classes, and was a good student, so she must have wanted to improve herself and her life. Somebody took that chance away from them...for no good reason at all...and got away with it. I am so glad that the people here are trying to fix that. Even if the killers are dead...it needs to be finished.

These users thanked the author nekogirrl for the post:
Chichibcc (Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:11 pm)
nekogirrl

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:30 pm

This podcast was infuriating to listen to-their attempts at humor were insensitive and in poor taste, considering the subject matter.
Chichibcc

Postby bbragg » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:28 pm

dmac 'i want to thank you for all the work you have done on th keddie murder.i have read on this case everyday .i just can't put it down this family needs to know the truth.i do believe this was a cover up.and i think you and everyone that reads this will one day solve this .
bbragg

Return to intros