In 81 I lived in Chester

introduce yourself, & tell us how you became interested in the case.

In 81 I lived in Chester

Postby b52 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:02 pm

I lived in a small town in Chester, another small town in Plumas County, in 1981. Our whole town was stunned by the brutality of the murders and that a little girl could be taken away from the crime scene in seeming silence when the homes were located so closely together. If you are not familiar with the area, you might not know that typically crime there was pretty tame stuff...drunk in public, fistfights, DUI...and, in your town, you knew most of the residents personally (at least a little) and probably knew a lot more by way of gossip than perhaps you'd like to admit.
Over the last 30 years, I had hoped to hear about some justice for the Sharp and Wingate families. Finally, about 5 years ago, a friend and I went on a computer search and found the original Cabin 28 site and have read posts since then.

In light of the passage of time, deaths of relevant suspects, loss of evidence, LE mistakes and considering limited resources of PCSO, I doubt that further investigation by PCSO will ever happen even if it is still listed as an open case on the books. It would be nice if a trained cold case investigative team would take the case on and answer some questions we all have. Or perhaps someday Justin will finally come clean with the events of that night, although the years and his memory may have permanently altered his remembrances.

I thank all of you involved in these posts and the production of the movies for keeping the interest alive. To the Sharps and Wingates, I am so sorry you had to lose your family members at such early ages from these circumstances.

These users thanked the author b52 for the post (total 2):
bliss (Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:28 pm) • meankitty (Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:22 am)
b52

Return to intros