Sheila Sharps New Book

introduce yourself, & tell us how you became interested in the case.

Sheila Sharps New Book

Postby Michael Nash » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi folks!
My name is Mike Nash. I’m the editor at “Free Spirit Books”, a fledgling media production company that has just produced a book written by Sheila Sharp. Her book entitled “”How to Survive Your Visit to Earth” discusses Sheila’s life before and during the “Keddie Murders” as well as her ability to survive and even prosper in the aftermath of the Tragedy. We hope that those that have taken an interest in this website and the Keddie Murders will also find her book interesting and insightful.
You can buy the book at freespiritbooks.com or you can follow us on Facebook at “How to Survive Your Visit to Earth”. Thank you to everyone who has taken an interest in this subject.

Michael Nash
Michael Nash

Re: Sheila Sharps New Book

Postby dmac » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:07 am

Hi Mike. Glad to see your fledgling company took the high road on the cover graphics. Tasteful.

Do complimentary incense and candles come with each order? Is it only available in e-book format, or have the books come back from the vanity press yet?

Self-published book, self-published website, self-published fake name. Nice try, Whittle Dick.

Signed,

Dōshu Dee Mac Attack, Kung Foo Fighter

How to Survive Your Visit to Earth

by Sheila Sharp
Survivor of the Keddie Murders

AND SIFU RICHARD WHITTLE

What a supportive husband... take the money and run!
Sheila, pack a bag get away from him.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com

These users thanked the author dmac for the post:
Tennessean (Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:31 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Myrion » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:38 am

Sifu is a Chinese Kung- fu term meaning "Master" or "teacher". In case anyone didn't get Dmac's reference.

I just thought I'd pass that along...so I take it that this is being marketed as a self-help book... with a very gruesome cover.
Myrion

Postby solvable » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:39 am

I hope that included in this book? is the championing of both DW and JS for being the heroes they are.....I suspect they provided an incredible amount of evidence by virtue of trying to protect those they loved and were loyal to........an exhausting fight the unsubs were unlikely prepared for.....cowards........I hope the book is not counterproductive.......no disrespect to you Sheila......I admire what you have done with what cards you were dealt ..........a lesser person would not be as resilient as you are....stay vigilant
solvable

Postby dmac » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Thumbs down to me, MK? So that means thumbs up to Sheila and her halfwit bully liar 'husband' Svengali?

First, Sheila lies to us over and over for years, withholding things that would further our ability to find the truth. She asked for our help, then lied to us. She also claimed to be disgusted that Justin would try to profit from what he knows by writing a book. She also claimed her dad never molested her, yet now that's a goddamned selling point for her 'book'?

You may enjoy being played and used, mk- that's you're choice, keep your head in the sand and think happy thoughts. In reality, Sheila has played this case and this forum and used us, and now her 'ghost-author' gung fu hubby is gung ho on cashing in on it all, playing up the gore (idea for your fake website: "SIFU WHITLESS DICK BRINGS NEW MEANING TO THE TERM 'GHOST-WRITER'- play up the gore a bit more!), and offering up all kinds of crap under the guise of it being 'truth' mixed in with dime-store philosophy, turning this novel into the first true-crime self-help book? And they have the gall to come on here and try to sell this packet of crap to the very people they've betrayed? Yet they know what a fraud they are, so they make up a fake publishing (oops, 'multimedia') company, a fake website, a facebook page, and youtube channel, all meant to push this drivel? I, for one, think it's important to point out the facts of this disgusting new turn of events.

Just as only an insecure fraud of a martial arts 'master' would feel compelled to put SIFU in front of his name EVERY TIME YOU SEE IT (and, yes, he signs for his Steven Seagal dvd rentals at Blockbuster as Sifu), only a huckster would come onto this site and try to hawk this 'book' under a fake imprint, fake website, and FAKE NAME.

It's a fraud, folks, and don't we feel good that they believe lying to us all over again is the way to get our money?

Personally, I'm disgusted... BECAUSE IT IS DISGUSTING.

Tofu Whittle Dick, peddle your vile pile here if you're so stupid as to think your bullshit flies, but don't expect all of us to embrace your apparent lack of respect for those who, for years, have helped find the truth about this case. All while you were out breaking flaming boards and other parlor trick feats, and gutting every animal you could find. What a manly man your are.
reach me at

These users thanked the author dmac for the post (total 5):
Chichibcc (Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:40 pm) • Indigo (Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:19 pm) • Myrion (Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:06 am) • quincygirl (Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:43 pm) • Princess (Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Michael Nash » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:33 am

Wow!
Thanks for all the kinds words and support we have gotten on this book project, but mostly I'd like to thank everyone who ordered a book!
Your continued enthusiasm is appreciated more than you can know. For those of you who asked when the e-versions are coming out, they will
be ready on both Nook and Kindle soon. I'll let you know!
Again, Thank you everyone!

Mike-
Michael Nash

Postby dmac » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:27 am

Hey Tofu Dick Mike/Sheila-

This forum doesn't allow folks to sign up under multiple accounts. Sheila has an account (Tinkerbell) and Tofu Dick has his account (PatheticToast), but 'Michael Nash' is a fake account and, therefore, is frozen.

You two can post as "michael nash, Editor-Without-Spell-Check"' whenever you like... just do it with your real accounts.

You two make Craig look smartt.
reach me at

These users thanked the author dmac for the post (total 2):
Indigo (Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:30 pm) • gotbier (Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:28 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby TREELAND » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 pm

I think Sheila Sharps book is worth reading. The women has gone through hell and if she makes some profit off the sale of the book nobody should resent her. From what I have read about it , it is a inspirational story of how to deal with and survive tragedy.
TREELAND

Postby Myrion » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:40 am

So is this a review of the book?

Or just a guess as to it's content?
Myrion

Postby dmac » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:47 am

I was given a copy of the book, and I can give a review: As his posts indicate, Pacific Ghostwriter is an idiot. The book is junk. Lies and half-truths galore.

I have been avoiding this topic, but I do not want anyone to have the impression this piece of garbage is worth reading, much less buying. Avoid at all costs.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby ache » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:40 am

TREELAND wrote:I think Sheila Sharps book is worth reading. The women has gone through hell and if she makes some profit off the sale of the book nobody should resent her. From what I have read about it , it is a inspirational story of how to deal with and survive tragedy.

You *think* Sheila Sharp’s book is worth reading? I take it that means you haven’t actually read it. I don’t believe anybody on this forum would dispute the fact that Sheila has experienced more than her fair share of trauma. Unfortunately experiencing tragedy does not automatically make one a writer.

Even though the murders were used to market the book, it contains very little information about them. There are numerous mistakes regarding the facts of the case, the most glaring being when it was stated that despite subsequent searches, nothing more than Tina’s skull was ever found. I found this to be the most distasteful part of the whole mess, this book is being marketed all over the internet as “true crime”, yet the authors could not even make the small effort required to get the facts of the case straight.

The book is also poorly written, filled with spelling mistakes and words used in the wrong context. The self help techniques are well known concepts such as forgiveness and owning your emotions, mostly sound advice but hardly groundbreaking. The intent is to convince the reader that Sheila has made the journey from child victim to strong, self reliant woman. Why then, the attempts to manipulate? A chapter is devoted to the story of Sheila’s pregnancy at the age of thirteen. It is made clear that we are to see Sheila as the victim here, both of an older boy and her own need for love and acceptance.Yet the fact that she married this same man, just FOUR YEARS AGO, is glossed over, presumably because it doesn’t fit with the image of someone who has enlightenment and wisdom to sell.

I would not recommend this book to anyone. If you are looking for self help books, there is nothing here that you won’t find in other, better written examples of the genre. If you are attracted by the true crime aspect, you would find far more comprehensive and factual information on this forum. And please don’t forget – one half of this super writing team preaching self control and love for your fellow man is this guy ---> viewtopic.php?f=42&t=927#p12482
I found
after all the searching,
life was only what I made it

These users thanked the author ache for the post (total 3):
TREELAND (Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:28 am) • Chichibcc (Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 pm) • frida (Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:15 pm)
ache

Postby TREELAND » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 pm

My previous comment was not a review or guess but just a describtion from a web site where Shelia Sharp says she does not make the crime the main topic but rather how she coped with its aftermath.
TREELAND

Postby TREELAND » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Postng again to say I am not blind to the fact the book could be exploitive and stupid but I like to examine things from all perspectives even if I might not agree with it. The front of the book was a little discerning since Sheilia's name appears way smaller then her husbands name as authors of the book, it seems atleast they should be the same size. Still can't begrudge her if she makes some money from it, the crime was a terrible thing for a teenager to go through. My main interest is not self-help but true crimes , has been since age twelve, when true crime magazines were still published.
TREELAND

Postby Chichibcc » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:37 pm

TREELAND wrote:The front of the book was a little discerning since Sheilia's name appears way smaller then her husbands name as authors of the book, it seems at least they should be the same size.

Yeah, I didn't like that, either...that alone spoke volumes to who was really in charge of writing the book.

I was actually considering buying a copy, but after reading Dmac's and Ache's reviews of the book, I think I'll pass.

It doesn't sound like we will find any real answers there, either-just more of the run-around...as usual.

These users thanked the author Chichibcc for the post:
TREELAND (Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:27 am)
Chichibcc

Postby TREELAND » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments on my posts. The book most likely is crap, but need to read more of the website to find out why Sheila is considered a liar and for what motive. Because she did not care for her family or because she is hiding information that could help solve the crime?
TREELAND

Postby TREELAND » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Hope I can get thanks for this post. Planning on purchasing Sheila's book and the Keddie DVD'S, Despite my last post on the subject. Maybe this year this forum could become more open so people aren't afraid to express their opinions and theories. Dmac your downloads and time you spent on this site is commendable and I respect the fact that you have your own thoughts but if you agree to disagree with others this site might be much more lively. Both the book and disc's relate to Keddie so it can't hurt to have both, There is no symbol for this so i'll just say it ....you need a hug, lighten up.
TREELAND

Postby frida » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Protective gear for those wishing to give Dmac a hug is available in the google store.....for a nominal fee. Tho he dislikes hugs, vinyl clothing and being touched on the hands, feet, face or buttocks, he does adore being complimented on his dancing skills. :-)) :-)) :-))
I'm here all week folks!

These users thanked the author frida for the post (total 5):
bigsis (Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:57 pm) • Indigo (Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:42 pm) • quincygirl (Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:00 am) • not sure (Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:10 pm) • dmac (Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:54 pm)
frida

Postby CuriousKitty » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:30 pm

TREELAND wrote:Hope I can get thanks for this post. Planning on purchasing Sheila's book and the Keddie DVD'S, Despite my last post on the subject. Maybe this year this forum could become more open so people aren't afraid to express their opinions and theories. Dmac your downloads and time you spent on this site is commendable and I respect the fact that you have your own thoughts but if you agree to disagree with others this site might be much more lively. Both the book and disc's relate to Keddie so it can't hurt to have both, There is no symbol for this so i'll just say it ....you need a hug, lighten up.

I'm a relative newcomer to the forum and don't post often, but I have tossed out a couple of theories or scenarios for feedback from the group. While I can certainly understand why some newcomers might find DMAC intimidating, I can, in all honesty, say that I have never felt attacked by him or my thoughts disregarded. I find the amount of time and effort he has expended on this immeasurable, and his passion to finding out the truth behind these murders is amazing. It's just unfortunate that law enforcement didn't have even half of DMAC's dedication and passion about this case, or perhaps it would have been solved decades ago.

I guess the entire point of my post here is to encourage you, Treeland, and any other newcomers to not take what DMAC takes personally. I believe he is one of the premiere authorities on this case and has a wealth of information to share.

Well, unless one proves themselves to be a blithering idiot, then you might want to duck and run :grin:
The truth is rarely pure...and never simple (Oscar Wilde)

These users thanked the author CuriousKitty for the post:
Chichibcc (Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:48 am)
CuriousKitty

Postby TREELAND » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:54 am

I like the information dmac post and his feisty jargon and would like to annouce you've have won atleast 100 dmac brownie points with your post.
TREELAND

Postby IPO » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Why is it called Sheila Sharp's new book when her new surname is Whittle. While I can understand Sheila wanting to change her last name so as not to be recognized, why did Richard Meeks change his name? Maybe I'm naive, but doesn't he respect his family's name? :-??|
IPO

Next

Return to intros