John's carotid

important threads and features, particularly for newbies

John's carotid

Postby dd1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:16 pm

I know this question won't solve the case but having just read the autopsy reports and having a bizarre level of experience in this area I must ask the experts about John's carotid artery. If that injury occurred prior to death wouldn't there be arterial spray as well as copious amounts of blood where his body was. The pictures I have seen do not show the blood loss I would expect. I am wondering if that could have happened post-mortem?
dd1

Re: John's carotid

Postby dmac » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Actually, your Q goes to the core of solving the murders: understanding the staging (a large part of which is differentiating causes of death from postmortem wounds), and realizing the removal of Tina's body from the scene was meant to obscure the true target of the attacks.

May I ask the nature of your experience with arterial wounds/spray?

Johnny, as with the others, was systematically attacked/killed in the "Kill Zone" (while bound). The KZ was at the center of the living room, in the small area lit by the bathroom light (the sole source of light during the invasion/murders).

There are several reasons I believe John's neck stab was the sole life-threatening knife wound in the known attacks (Tina's mode of death is still unknown):

► There was only ONE instance of arterial spray at the crime scene (in the Kill Zone, it was located under Dana's waist). See this 3D mockup, and hold-click-drag your mouse to scroll down to see the spray.

Spray.jpg

► In CS and morgue shots, there is EXTENSIVE bleeding on Johnny's neck and surrounding clothing. Even where Johnny was eventually found (lowered into position, indicating two people picked him up and carried him there), there was a bleed-out spot under his neck area- despite the "KZ" being the prime bleed-out zone.

► I fully believe Sue's neck stab was postmortem staging. In morgue photos, none of her neck/chest stab wounds bled more than a trickle (and in DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS). The ME erroneously deduced the neck wound was premortem due to aspiration of blood. The aspiration would have occurred earlier, due to her being so heavily gagged and bleeding profusely into the mouth from a smashed jaw & teeth, likely while unconscious or semi-conscious, and undoubtedly struggling to breathe.
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com

These users thanked the author dmac for the post:
dd1 (Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:59 am)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dd1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:58 am

As to my experience, my Grandma died in her home by exsanguination. Her carotid was cut. I was in that house. I was obsessed by that and made a study of it.(I am a voracious reader) Plus my Dad was a cop for 25 yrs here in the great state of Florida or I should say a great cop here in the state of Florida. We talked alot. There is so much info to go through here. So not only was the LE corrupt/inept, so was the ME. phew...
dd1

Postby dmac » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:32 pm

I just knocked off a couple interactive 3D pano shots of the KZ, which better illustrates the lighting of the Kill Zone, as well as the two major bleed-out areas in the KZ (including the sole arc of arterial spray). See this thread.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Return to for newbies