Fuck This, I'll Write The Book!

Fuck This, I'll Write The Book!

Postby dmac » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 pm

I'm so tired of people ripping off our work. Hell, let's face it, the Lion's share is my research, even down to Bo coming from the same bar that held Roger Ebert by the beer belt. Every month a writer wants full access to the forum. Fuck you, do your own work. Don't piggyback off the reality we spent years unearthing and proving.

I've twice been offered to write about Keddie. Neither deal was workable, as my story is about how this pile of shit landed in my lap. when it fell, I sought it out, I went after this case in a big way, but the fish I landed is a dinosaur, still flipping around. You can't kill generations of lies smacking you in the face and smelling like a librarian's snatch. This fucker is antique and moving like a freight train.

I've since written a novel based off the case. It has nothing to do with Keddie, other than chosen circumstances. The protagonist is a lazy shit, taken in chunks from 'Travels with Charley' by Steinbeck crossed with The Monkey Wrench Gang. Steinbeck's 'retirement' tome is the last thing I shared with my dad before his death, and it fits like a glove. Even my own travels to Keddie more match Steinbeck's America than mine. If you've never read Steinbeck, start with Twain! And MWG? My dad turned me on to Edward Abbey when I was 12.

Anyway, the lead is a lazy shit who retired early from life, realizing the American Dream is 1950s hoakum. He travels around in a truck with a modified camper on the back. Off the grid as much as possible. Just him and his dog, he travels around while still pulling in a couple thou a month from contracts as a graphic artist. He only needs to meet deadlines by getting to a wifi hotspot.

It's his computer and internet skills that put him in shit. He stumbles across a new or old murder and, wham, he's immediately hated.

ring any bells?

I've copyrighted the gambit but i hate the name. I want it inaccessible, so his name is Szymczyk. Simzick.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com

These users thanked the author dmac for the post (total 3):
dd1 (Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:16 am) • Indigo (Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:23 am) • budrfligh (Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:48 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Fuck This, I'll Write The Book!

Postby dfc9781 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Any progress on this, DMAC? It would surely be a book I would buy multiple copies of.
dfc9781

Postby chrisAAA » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:08 pm

dfc9781 wrote:Any progress on this, DMAC? It would surely be a book I would buy multiple copies of.

I second that. There's so much info on the site and forum. It would be amazing to see how you'd distill it into a complete narrative.
chrisAAA

Postby dmac » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:55 pm

Actually, it's a joke post!
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Cheshire » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 am

Hayduke lives!
Cheshire

Postby dmac » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:48 pm

Your timing and eclectic reference proves to be incredibly bizarre, Chesh! Like deja view! I'm actually currently re-reading Monkey Wrench Gang, and just put it down (page 318) to check the forum. How indescribably coincidental is that? This entire case is steeped in 'coincidences' which aren't, yet you pull Hayduke out of thin air?

He had some fast and loose ideas on how to revise billboards, govt propaganda, etc. Rarely Wrong Hayduke and Seldom Seen Smith.

A couple nights back, I watched a documentary on WWII where the Japanese public were described as 'brainwashed' by propaganda dictates that Americans would take no prisoners. I laughed aloud at that whopper. WTF has America been doing all along?

McCarthyism has fucked America from Day One. Eugene's tactics were via the wicked, sick, homophobic fag Roy Cohn, who is presently the President of a fucked nation. Cohn is Trump's lifelong HERO, for motherfuck's sake! Make America Great Again? Trump is a moron, replacing 'The Red Menace' with xenophobia, homophobia, and any other mindbogglingly outdated hatred on offer. That The Donuld conspires with Russia is just a noteworthy subtext of truly pathetic irony.

Revolt: Ing.
Leviticus: Faggot

That's Heydook's attitude on topics he never addressed, but his political (and general) knowledge was skewed by a cripplingly limited education. However, he still recognized, firsthand, what lies were being spewed, and went after just one network of deceit.

Yes, Virgina, there is a Hayduke.

OH, CRAP! I just realized I ref'd MWG in the OP! I'm such a Hayduke moron.
reach me at

These users thanked the author dmac for the post:
Cheshire (Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:50 am)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:39 am

I live in the Great Southwest which, primarily, Edward Abbey wrote about. He's a folk hero, a legend, and a lie. But his books are fantastic. Therefore:

Why is it my library system has three copies of Monkey Wrench Gang, zero copies of Hayduke Lives!, yet 37 copies of Ayn Rand's drivel, Atlas Shrugged? The dumb bitch died in poverty, weaseling her way off the welfare of friends. Incredibly untrue to her own words.

As was Abbey, but at least he said so.

I wish others to read Abbey just to recognize and enjoy his use of language. I once quipped Thomas Hardy could bore one to death by describing the cooking of breakfast over several chapters. Abbey had such a wry sense of language that he, like Twain, could write a few words that together sang on their own.

So few used words so adeptly. Viv Stanshall. CS Lewis. Twain, obviously. Jerome K Jerome. Stanley Unwin. Sean Spicer.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Cheshire » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:24 pm

For the record (and I'm pretty sure I've told you this before) I think you SHOULD be writing this book, Dmac

These users thanked the author Cheshire for the post:
JEP (Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:12 pm)
Cheshire

Postby dmac » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:03 am

For the record, I'm inconsistent as a writer or lawyer. At times I can be damned informational, providing unslanted views of opposing sides with equal aplomb. I can draw attention to information, but also try to explain it away in ways beneficial to all interests. Open view.

I read some of my posts and am pleasantly surprised by my seemingly casual approach and flow. Then I read things my darker side writes. No change for that burger, yer goin' to jail.

I've always been more secure as an editor than writer. I lack the structure for a narrative, and telling my knowledge of Keddie demands a narrative structure as fresh as this very unique truth. I have no clue where to begin, I'm not interested in other crime novels or true crime shit- it nauseates me, ever since I ran a bookstore, Twain could be more poisonous than Manson, but I had to sell Twain when Manson sold itself to a sick constituency.

As an editor, I was asked to "fix" articles. This often led me to completely rewriting them, but even if I destroyed the basic structure, I springboarded from another's effort. This led to me being an anonymous author to many things, including album liner notes.Yeah, they also shat under the bed. Before quitting the band and blowing up the toilet.

I read some of what I've written about this terribly complex case and am often amused by my adroit use of language. Then I read my cussing and can't equate the two as from the same brain.

Who wakes up and decides to write only when they're not being an asshole? I think most people have an asshole, and sometimes express it.

I need a ghostwriter I can overwrite, and a lawyer. This case is factual supposition, so I'd have to be two lawyers away from a punchline.

As you can see, I like to write but can't see it as a paying gig. I'm over the "blood money" bullshit, as my experience working this case is the hellish nightmare the followup book should be about.

The truly pathetic narrative would be the "This is MY TRUE EXPERIENCE" approach. Kills two birds and completely fucks how the truth emerged from complex rats nests.

But that IS the actual truth I've experienced as a reult of working this shit.

"Evolution of a Revelation" isn't taken, is it, mk? Fuck me, a 4-letter punchline.

the irony drips like amber.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Ausgirl » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:23 pm

You write. I'll edit.

Better you write because it's all in your head. Better I edit because I'm cooler in the head. :p

Just my opinion: It needs to be the story of the boards, the community, the lies of 30 years slowly picked apart one scab at a time. The corruption... all the side-reasons for the truth being buried, nothing to do with the murders but all about guilt.. and how and why the present LE came to review the case.

I'm about to move house maybe we can talk about this, when I'm settled. Coupla months, and I'm good to go.
Ausgirl

Postby meankitty » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:09 pm

I doubt "Evolution of a revelation" would make a good title, it be more of a chapter heading. I guess you would have to start out by making an outline with subheadings containing the facts that back up the points.

As for any proceeds from a book, I have an idea. Donate the proceeds to charity. Battered women's shelters or abused children/missing or exploited children. Any charity that would be spitting in the eye of various slimeballs involved in this case.

These users thanked the author meankitty for the post (total 2):
Ausgirl (Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:27 pm) • budrfligh (Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:59 pm)
meankitty

Return to other sites & off-topic threads