Couple arrested in EQ for torture murders of 2 kids

Couple arrested in EQ for torture murders of 2 kids

Postby dmac » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:55 am

The bodies were found in a storage unit in Redding. Third child in surgery. A welfare check for the children led officers to the third child, starved and beaten, found locked in a vehicle at the corner of 1st and Main- where the Meeks lived in 81.

"This has shaken my staff to the core," Hagwood said. "That little girl had been subjected to the most unspeakable measure of torture for an extended period of time. This is child abuse, the likes of which we haven't experienced here (in Plumas County)."

Hagwood said the girl's condition was extremely bad when she was found on the floorboard of a locked Toyota 4-Runner. He said she weighed about 40 pounds, had broken bones in her shoulder, broken fingers, a dislocated jaw, and teeth that were missing or loose. She reportedly had open sores and was infested with lice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -unit.html

Two Children Found Dead in Northern California Storage Unit

PlumasNews Article
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Couple arrested in EQ for torture murders of 2 kids

Postby dmac » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:06 am

This story just keeps getting worse.

It's also confirmed the apartment the killers had moved into, where the girl was found dying in the SUV, is the apartment building next to the Meeks, where Blaine, Loon, et al, lived. They came from Salinas, dumped two bodies in Redding, and were in the process of killing the third while living in this Quincy apartment. The two dead are the youger siblings of the girl rescued from the wehicle.

plumas house.jpg

pull back of Plumas door.jpg

Link to latest Google Street View, with the former Meeks home on the right.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/ ... 20430.html

"Plumas County Sheriff Greg Hagwood said some officials were so shaken by the abuse the girl endured that he expects to grant them leave to recover.

“This investigation has had a profound impact on anyone who came in contact with it,” Hagwood said Tuesday. “When you see what has been done to a beautiful little 9-year-old girl …” the sheriff said before halting to compose himself. “Anyone not affected needs to get some help.”

Hagwood told the Plumas County News earlier that the girl weighed about 40 pounds, had multiple fractures, including broken fingers and a dislocated jaw, and was missing teeth.

The victim was found Friday after a citizen called Plumas County child protective services asking for a welfare check, Hagwood told The Sacramento Bee.

A deputy discovered the girl inside a locked vehicle parked near the Main Street apartment Huntsman and Curiel had recently moved into after coming from the Salinas area."
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby joe_mcplumber » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:07 pm

For such an otherwise quiet, bucolic sort of place, Plumas seems to get more than its share of tragedy and disaster. This is just off the top of my head:

- Triple murder and child abduction, Keddie, 1981

- Flood of '82, which washed away major sections of highway, and toppled trees in E Quincy and elsewhere from a combination of saturated ground and wind. I personally made out like a bandit, recovering lumber that floated down from the mill in Crescent Mills and jammed at the bridge to Taylorsville. But i had to walk *on* the river, over the floating debris, to get at it.

- In a relatively brief span of time (i'm pretty sure between '82 and '86), two more separate murders in Keddie. I haven't seen this mentioned here, likely because the murders were totally unconnected, but they definitely contributed to the overall creepy vibe that Keddie acquired. I remember thinking, for that time period, the place had to have rivaled Oakland for per-capita murder rate. Keddie was one of my very favorite areas in the whole county, but i stopped going there for long time because of the evil in the air. And i don't believe in "evil in the air".

- Flood of '86, which had the river up to bridge level at the Greenville Wye. You'd really need to stand at the base of that bridge and look up at the deck, to get an idea of the magnitude of what that means. It's almost as mind boggling as a tsunami. This storm washed away even larger chunks of 89 and 70, and toppled trees in E Quincy and elsewhere from saturated ground and wind. I didn't bother working, i stayed home and watched the river go by, where there was supposed to be a road.

- Storm of '93, which dumped heavy wet snow for nearly a week at a rate up to an inch an hour, causing building collapses all over the county and multiple propane tank explosions and fires. Nearly all power gone county wide for a week. Eerily silent, dark, snow-muffled nights punctuated by randomly exploding transformers with spectacular showers of sparks. Commerce basically paralyzed, except for a huge temporary industry of clearing snow from rooftops, for insurance companies looking to limit losses. Several reported fights over, and dozens of thefts of, flat bladed shovels. I personally made out like a bandit shoveling roofs but i wished i had shovels to sell instead. I had two houses, both of their roofs were ruined by the shoveling. Trees in E Quincy and elsewhere toppled, or snapped in half from the weight.

- A hugemongous tree in E Quincy flopped over onto a home, (i think it might've been during one of the above storms), and went through the roof into a couple's bed. The woman was unharmed, her husband was squashed and killed. He was a logger. I don't know if that's irony or not.

- At least one instance of a logging truck tipping over around a bend and crushing a vehicle in the oncoming lane, killing the occupants. Possibly more, and definitely a bunch where the logs fortuitously and inexplicably failed to kill anyone.

- An intensive search for a lady who seemingly vanished between Quincy and Reno, which failed to find her and was abandoned. She was eventually discovered by the railroad tracks near Graegle, having driven off highway 70 and died. I don't clearly recall but i think she might've died from exposure, not directly from the accident. Anyhow her vehicle was in view of the highway and only partly obscured; i could see it in passing from my service truck as investigators were working the scene. I don't know if that's irony or not.

- Yet another flood in '97.

- A microburst (a phenomenon no one had previously heard of) flattened such trees as were still standing in E Quincy, crushing cars and homes.

- A close friend of mine was traveling from Greenville to Hawaii, and only made it a few miles into the canyon. She rounded a bend and plowed into a boulder larger than her van sitting smack in the middle of her lane, ending her story. I don't know if that's irony or not.

I'm sure there's stuff i'm forgetting. I remember my father calling me a number of times because he'd seen our little corner of the world mentioned, for one disaster/tragedy or another, on the nightly news in New Jersey.

And now this. Ugh. Really, Plumas doesn't have any more bad people per capita than anywhere else, and it's got a lot of really good ones. They could do with a decade or so of peace. Or at least a relative lack of disproportionate catastrophe and heartbreak.

Anyhow... something to keep in mind when getting a feel for things from photographs or Streetview... there used to be a shitload more trees in East Quincy.

These users thanked the author joe_mcplumber for the post:
Mamma_C (Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:28 am)
joe_mcplumber

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:56 pm

I read about this sad, sad story yesterday-that poor child :(. Those monsters should get the death penalty.
Chichibcc

Return to other sites & off-topic threads