18 June Massive Traffic Spike

18 June Massive Traffic Spike

Postby dmac » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:56 am

The site's had over 150,000 hits in the past 16 hours... a huge spike. Most recent activity is in Europe (mainly UK & Australia), but that's because of the hour of day (I'm up really early). Does anyone have a damned clue why there's such a spike? It doesn't look like the People episode has aired recently in the US, so I have no clue at the moment.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: 18 June Massive Traffic Spike

Postby budrfligh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:32 pm

I have had zero notifications and I've flagged it too tell me.
budrfligh

Postby dmac » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:52 pm

A new YouTube recap of the case is the source. Bela Fiori's channel has over one million subscribers, and her error-filled, 15 minute vid pretty well cites Justin's 'blanket' version of the murders as the truth:

D&J walked in on the murders, Tina came out with the blanket, Tina was the target (attacked last, left unguarded, yet she was the target?!), blah blah blah.

Some odd claims pop up: Dana was a girl, Marty's hammer was recently found in the trash can by the Gen Store, Gamberg re-opened the case in 2010, scant mention of killer Loon, etc.

Still, I can't complain about over 300,000 hits in less than 36 hours. She links the vid directly to the timelines, which is where the majority of traffic enters the site.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:06 pm

I was just looking at total numbers for this site, looking for trends and hotspots. What strikes me is the constant increase in visitors and hits.

My version of Josh's site (the one I did with minimalist design, to replace the gorehound flash site he had prior) was online for four years, with a constant flat-line of visitors that got a total of under 2,000,000 hits in the 4 years I maintained it.

I think I pulled the plug on his site in October of 2013- that's when I outed him as a fraud and admitted felon. Six months later, this site came online, and the traffic has increased by roughly 60% each year. Even this year, with the photo gallery offline for weeks and only recently re-introduced with a fraction of the photos, traffic is on a path to be at least 20% higher than last year. In three years and two months, traffic is already four times higher than what it took Josh's site 4 years to achieve.

We're at nearly 8,000,000 hits. That's not a dig on Josh's site. This site has far more info (and that bloated photo gallery) to draw attention and hits. Also, the huge, individual spikes last year from the various print articles, TV news pieces, culminating with the People cover & TV episode in the fall, brought a lot of attention. However, apart from the smaller spikes from repeats of the People program, and the spike from this vid overview (see above) coming from a YT channel with 1m+ subscribers, there have been no more major articles or outside coverage to drive traffic surges our way.

We used to get hundreds of thousands of hits from regurgitations of lies about the case on Reddit or any of the hundreds of gorehound "Top Ten' lists. "Top Ten Goriest Crime Scenes'; 'Top Ten Worst Unsolved Murders'; 'Top Ten Scary Murders Based on True Stories'; etc., etc. Thankfully, we've had NONE of that crap this year... thus far.

Many of you may remember that, upon the debut of this site, I'd trimmed the forum from 12,500 posts down to a manageable 4,500. Since then, it's built back up to just under 10,000, and is overdue for a paring I simply don't have the time or will to do.

I think what it all spells out is the news articles and TV spotlights have greatly helped squelch much of the background noise. It used to be that, about twice a month, there'd be some idiotic retelling of myths about the case popping up on the web. I think it's great most of the "A drifter did it" or "my favorite serial killer did it" theories have finally begun sinking to the bottom of the pool of turds. It seems only a few morons and maggots still see that trash as plausible. Phew! It's about goddamned time!

There seems to be a lot of frustration out there that 2017 hasn't been nearly as eventful as 2016. But that's simply not sustainable. Most of what came forward in 2016 came out in April, starting with the Plumas News piece in late March. That article led to the hammer being pulled from the pond, and the Buck knife hidden near the Gen Store. That led to a flurry of more stories, attention, publicly-stated revelations of things we'd put together long ago. It culminated in the People show.

But don't overlook the fact that the March 2016 article came from PCSO approaching the Plumas paper's then-editor. That article is itself the culmination of Mike Gamberg's work, PCSO's vetting our years of work, and months of Mike and I turning around a relationship that began with mutual loathing and distrust.

I hope I'm stating this in an understandable manner: 2016 was the biggest year of developments this case has ever publicly seen, but it began years before. It began with crooked files packed in crooked boxes shoved into crooked rooms by a crooked PCSO decades back. Over the years, we 'net sleuths' have made significant progress, taking the few files we've seen and finding both lies and truths in them. We've added exponentially more to the 'Fact' and 'Fiction' piles through thousands of hours of our own research. But it took a different PCSO regime to finally and truly re-open the case (2013?). Then it took them a while to begin vetting our work and finding more fact than fiction therein.

In other words, the attention the case now sees is incredible. People come here and READ and READ and READ. Few post, but posts have always ebbed and flowed with new info, or with new interpretations of old info (hammer wounds? TRUE transcriptions of the interviews with the BM Boys?! Bo was in TWO PLACES AT ONCE?). And we used to get the same old BS posts stating it was a drifter who did it... that type of crap, which I don't miss at all.

But those that come here expecting us to keep pace with the revelations of last year are sadly mistaken about the work that led up to last year's burst of activity. Even many old-timers here seem to forget that the MAIN GAINS from 2016 came from members of law enforcement simply repeating many of the same things we've been screaming for yonks, taking them from speculation and theory to fact.

We have much to be proud of, and I think if those that feel frustrated by the seeming lack of progress in recent months stepped back to look at what it took for 2016 to be such an explosive year, they'd realize it was piggybacked on years of uphill battles and donkeywork. Another major factor is this case is NOT cold. Information gleaned from the hundreds of Keddie Hotline calls have created an information storm. I'm busy with work and life, and major health issues, but I'm still plugging along. I'm still working and reworking the case, and often finding things I'm able to share on the site without compromising this 'ongoing investigation'.

Keep fighting, onward and upward.
reach me at

These users thanked the author dmac for the post (total 4):
meankitty (Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:10 am) • dd1 (Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:23 pm) • Billyalshef (Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:43 pm) • bbragg (Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:58 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby meankitty » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:11 am

OK, for some reason I had to log back in to post this, but thanks for all the work.
meankitty

Return to other sites & off-topic threads