Do you believe in ghosts, hauntings...?

Do you believe in ghosts, hauntings...?

Postby Intrigued » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:02 am

My husband and I often argue this matter as I am a firm believer in life after death while he shoots it down every time. Sure, much of what we read is BS and people fabricate their stories to fit their beliefs. He always argues neuroscientific explanations for why brains see things in certain ways while I am person moved by my experiences and unwilling to abandon them for the sake of science. Our arguments get quite heated.

He always asks, "Why would a ghost want to bang on your wall or move your furniture, lol, lol, lol?". (With his ever present arrogance shining)

Because they don't know they are dead and they are trying to communicate (ASSHOLE!!!).

Intrigued

Re: Do you believe in ghosts, hauntings...?

Postby Chichibcc » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:17 am

Yes, I do, and always have....I am one of those people who truly believe that there are some things in life that just can't be truly explained, that are beyond our comprehension. I've never experienced such phenomena myself, but at the same time, I don't think I have the right to judge anyone who actually has, either.

These users thanked the author Chichibcc for the post (total 2):
geegee (Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:36 pm) • meankitty (Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:44 am)
Chichibcc

Postby Intrigued » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:53 pm

dmac wrote:Absolute bullshit to me. And I mean that as a "thank you" to Aus, with whom our collective brainstorms have been both outrageous and productive.

For christ sake, Venckeman, they are real. Haven't you seen Poltergeist?

Intrigued

Postby dmac » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:16 am

It's apparent you miss your father, and I'm very sorry for your loss. Please keep moving forward and making life better around you. It's all you can do and it's the only hope that seeds fruition.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com

These users thanked the author dmac for the post (total 5):
William Lee (Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:50 am) • Chichibcc (Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:26 pm) • truthseeker (Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:33 pm) • meankitty (Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:30 am) • gotbier (Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 am)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby truthseeker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:41 pm

I too offer my deepest sympathies for your loss. You are not alone. I just lost my mom in October. I do believe she has finally found peace and that they do go on. Hope this helps a little.

These users thanked the author truthseeker for the post:
Ausgirl (Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 am)
truthseeker

Postby Chichibcc » Fri May 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Since there's already a thread on this topic, I figured this was a good place to post this: it''s a page on the experiences of a man by the name of David Smith, who visited C28 prior to it being torn down and claims to have experienced some unsettling experiences there (photos included). I know some people don't believe, or are interested in, the "haunted" aspect of the case, but this may be of interest to those that are.

http://ghostsandghouls.org/PAGE4.HTML
Chichibcc

Return to other sites & off-topic threads