Blog post on the murders

Blog post on the murders

Postby jhancock » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:20 pm

I thought this blog post was tastefully done...came across it a few days ago:

http://catierhodes.com/2012/06/01/unsol ... #more-3632

These users thanked the author jhancock for the post (total 2):
meankitty (Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:51 am) • Chichibcc (Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:22 pm)
jhancock

Re: Blog post on the murders

Postby Chichibcc » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:33 pm

I had no idea Sheila was doing a book, until her husband posted about it on Catie's blog today:

pacific ghost says:
June 12, 2012 at 3:53 pm
My wife (Sheila Sharp) has chosen to refrain from participating in the keddie murders forum because of the continued abuse she has suffered from many of its members. The extreme zealotry some of the members exhibit in their aggressive quest for answers is without an inkling of compassion. She is continually accused of being a liar and of withholding information, neither of which is true. Why would she? Her personal experiences, insight on the murders and ideas as to what actually happened are included in her forthcoming book that will be published later this year.

http://catierhodes.com/2012/06/01/unsolved-murder-cabin-28/#more-3632

These users thanked the author Chichibcc for the post (total 2):
Myrion (Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:42 am) • Eastern (Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:42 pm)
Chichibcc

Postby dmac » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:10 pm

There is no abuse, just her being caught out in lies and half-truths, and she was mightily surprised when there wasn't a bigger outpouring of ignorant support for her when she and her Master Debatur hubby made a stink about it. Sheila and her 'hubby' chose to take a huge gamble and make a bloated confrontation from a small ongoing argument about Sheila ("Tinkerbell" on this forum) which has been around since the boards began: "Is Sheila being truthful? Is she disclosing or hiding or claiming ignorance or no memory?". That's as old as dirt when it comes to this case and to the boards, and I slowly learned that I had blindly ignored her lies and distance. Sheila is controlling and manipulating the case,imo. To hide family dirt? Sure. To hide secrets? You bet. Will it slow down the case if we trust Sheila? Hell, yes!

Sheila and the Master suffered a substantial failure in their irrational gamble, imo, and lost a lot of genuine support from many here- including me. So now they have a book deal? Yep, it'll debut in the library right next to Justin's screenplay treatment. Will Ed's name be on both books? Ooooh, I get goosebumps.

Do the math. Sheila left in April? BS, she left this board a long time ago and had been faking a presence for months. My guess is Martyr Debatur is lying- as usual- about a book deal. She has no book deal, unless she got it long before the April Surprise.

Sheila's absence here is due to her failures, not ours. Guessing from all the great details she's proffered over the years, the book will prove she either suddenly has a great memory, or has been lying to us longer and worse than previously known.

I love the lack of logic. Shamefully sad.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com

These users thanked the author dmac for the post (total 6):
bbragg (Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:01 am) • Chichibcc (Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:09 pm) • Myrion (Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:42 am) • Indigo (Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:39 am) • mosaic (Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 pm) • Eastern (Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:42 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Myrion » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:15 am

Chichibcc wrote:I had no idea Sheila was doing a book, until her husband posted about it on Catie's blog today:

pacific ghost says:
June 12, 2012 at 3:53 pm
My wife (Sheila Sharp) has chosen to refrain from participating in the keddie murders forum because of the continued abuse she has suffered from many of its members. The extreme zealotry some of the members exhibit in their aggressive quest for answers is without an inkling of compassion. She is continually accused of being a liar and of withholding information, neither of which is true. Why would she? Her personal experiences, insight on the murders and ideas as to what actually happened are included in her forthcoming book that will be published later this year.

http://catierhodes.com/2012/06/01/unsolved-murder-cabin-28/#more-3632

This is interesting.

If she is going to provide experiences, insights and ideas why hadn't she done so before now?

I don't think there's a book deal at all. I think it's bait to get people on this board to talk about it. You can't fill a book with "I don't know"s, "I don't remember"s and blank pages. Plus, as Dmac said, the timing is questionable.

It takes time to write a book, find an agent, find a publisher, have an editor edit it, have the publisher's legals go through the manuscript and cover the publisher's behind (Since no one has ever been convicted of the crimes). Add the time it takes for design and printing and I can't help but wonder how anyone would believe that this book is coming out "later this year".

Unless this has been in the works for some time I just don't buy it.

These users thanked the author Myrion for the post (total 2):
Chichibcc (Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:10 pm) • Eastern (Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:59 pm)
Myrion

Postby jhancock » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Very disappointed that Sheila's husband would make a post like this, especially on a blog that was well-written and informative, with apparently a decent amount of followers who seemed intrigued by and interested in the case; he essentially said "stay away from that terrible Keddie Murders forum filled with all those terrible people." Just turned off a lot of interested parties right there.

These users thanked the author jhancock for the post (total 6):
Indigo (Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:04 pm) • Eastern (Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:36 pm) • Chichibcc (Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:30 am) • gotbier (Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:58 am) • dmac (Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:17 pm) • not sure (Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:05 pm)
jhancock

Postby meankitty » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:37 am

Quite frankly Josh, I don't blame him at all after what happened here recently.
meankitty

Postby jhancock » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:44 am

I don't agree, and there are much better ways to phrase the point he was attempting to make without disparaging this site and some of its members. With no new documentary or PCSO activity on the horizon, interest in this case will wane. The only thing that keeps it going is the efforts of our site members and of moderators of other sites, including the blog I linked. Whatever. The original blog post was still a good one.

These users thanked the author jhancock for the post (total 3):
Cheshire (Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:19 pm) • Chichibcc (Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:59 pm) • gotbier (Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:17 am)
jhancock

Postby meankitty » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:52 am

I agree the blog is a good well researched blog. I just disagree with one member of this site attacking another member the way it happened.
meankitty

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:04 pm

But I would hardly call some of the members here being critical of/disagreeing with Sheila's answers to questions as being "abuse"-that's just being melodramatic, in my opinion.

These users thanked the author Chichibcc for the post (total 4):
Cheshire (Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 pm) • Indigo (Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:10 pm) • gotbier (Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:39 pm) • Eastern (Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:36 pm)
Chichibcc

Postby dmac » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:13 am

meankitty wrote:I agree the blog is a good well researched blog. I just disagree with one member of this site attacking another member the way it happened.

Which member, mk? We've discussed this in chat, and you are talking out of your ass about me.

I never attacked Sheila, although you've made up some story in your own head and believe your own daydreams.

The chat archive of the "showdown" was actually Sheila and her mental-midget hubby trying to gang up on me. Sorry if you weren't there to see it, but plenty of folks saw exactly what went down. Don't blame your lack of access to the internet at crucial times as my fault, but I and plenty of other people were there to see Shelia and her hubby act as bullies.

Sheila left long before that fraudulent 'showdown'- she's been paying lip service to this forum for ages.

Print that and study it all you want and you'll still be just as stupid and blind.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:34 am

Myrion wrote:
Chichibcc wrote:pacific ghost says: June 12, 2012 at 3:53 pm

This is interesting.

If [Sheila] is going to provide experiences, insights and ideas why hadn't she done so before now?

Myrion called out Sheila's failures as succinctly as is humanly possible. This entire thread belongs with the 'Sheila Liar' thread, wherever it is.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Return to other sites & off-topic threads