Motive?

introduce yourself, & tell us how you became interested in the case.

Motive?

Postby soccermom » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Hello I'm a soccer mom from Northwest Missouri. I stumbled accross the keddie murders on the internet a few months ago and I really believe this should have been solved in 81, 82 or 83. It seems this case has gone unsolved because it lacks a MOTIVE....each theory has missing pieces and unanswered questions. I pray that someone holds the answers that can someday bring Sheila, her family, & the wingate family closure...and peace.

I decided to post on the forum because I have questions that I haven't read on the forum. When reading through all of the posts my mind often drifts to Tina...(I have a 12 year old daughter) For me she seems to be the piece that doesn't fit most theories. I don't really think she was the target because the crimes in the cabin seemed to have been very cold and full of rage.She could have also been taken at another time by herself without harming the rest of the family. So here are my q's...What did the police do to search for Tina? Why doesn't the forum talk about the search? If the intent was to harm her why didn't they leave her with her family. If she was being sheltered from what was going on inside the cabin what did they plan to do with her? Why not take the boys too if it's believed they came back? Yes..I've read all the theories.She was a scared, freightened little girl the boys would have helped calm her down. What was found with her...dna? clothing? anything else? I'm not really sure it's known how she died or maybe I just missed that. Anyway....It makes me mad!! >:-( I just don't understand how she fits and why she wasn't left with the family. It took two years to find her and she wasn't that far from home....why? I am so thankful that she was found and I really do hope that you are able to solve this for the Sharp and Wingate families.
soccermom

Re: Motive?

Postby Chichibcc » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Welcome to the forum :)

I don't really think she was the target because the crimes in the cabin seemed to have been very cold and full of rage.

I have never really thought Tina was the target, either....I feel that she was taken either as an afterthought, or as a way to distract authorities from discovering the real motive (maybe even both).

She could have also been taken at another time by herself without harming the rest of the family.

I agree...I don't think ambushing her family's cabin to get her was the only option. Whoever wanted her could have abducted her while she was outside playing, for instance...which would've been far easier.

What was found with her...dna? clothing? anything else?

This thread contains the Butte County coroner's report concerning Tina's discovery...including which of her remains were found, in addition to what else was discovered at the scene.
Chichibcc

Postby soccermom » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:08 pm

Thank-you Chichibcc for this thread...I missed it before.

thanks meankitty for responding that there was a search. Reading through the threads I was under the impression that the police believed at the time that Tina may have been involved with the crime instead of being a victim. Maybe taking her from the cabin will be something that we will never understand. I guess I just keep thinking that if they scared three boys enough not to talk for 30 years surely they could have spared Tina too. I mean no disrespect to the three boys. Sometimes I think they probably know more then they have told... other times I think they could be burdened with guilt because they truly don't know what happened that night. What a heavy burden to carry.

soccermom

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:30 am

soccermom wrote:Sometimes I think they probably know more then they have told

Me, too-but with unknown participants in the crime still possibly alive, they're reluctant to talk-that's how I look at it, anyway.

These users thanked the author Chichibcc for the post (total 3):
truthseeker (Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:46 pm) • CuriousKitty (Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:01 pm) • meankitty (Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:07 am)
Chichibcc

Return to intros