Things that make you go hmmmm...

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Postby not sure » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:24 am

These have probably been brought up before but for some reason I kept skipping over them...

Mrs Meeks stated that she picked up Marilyn and the kids around 9:30 am on Sunday April 12 and took them to her house. She then went on to say Marty came by the house some time later and told Marilyn they were headed to Reno to return Bo to the VA hospital. He tells Wade (Dale) he's going to Reno to get some car parts...something others referred to as code for "drugs" in stoner speak. Marty returned that evening hyped up on some substance, paced around for hours then left in the wee hours of the morning. All this on April 12/13. Mrs Meeks went on to say she never saw Bo again.

Then Wade tells LE he knows Bo left town and headed for Klamath Falls because he gave him a ride to the bus depot. Huh?

Plus Bo's interview wasn't conducted until April 14th in Keddie!

And we know there was a confrontation at the jail May 15, 1981...which means Marty must have returned to the area after Klamath Falls, no?

Then, Mrs Meeks also said Marty hung around outside their house for a week after the murders, yelling at Marilyn. They were so worried about him that her ex-husband sat in the chair by the door with his shotgun in his lap. My understanding is LE was called several times to get him to move on.

All of these things make me go hmmmm....

I'm sure I'll think of others. What makes you go hmmmm?
not sure

Re: Things that make you go hmmmm...

Postby Chichibcc » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:38 pm

One thing for me is how certain items, such as Justin's shoes and the tape that the anonymous phone call was recorded on, inexplicably disappeared off the face of the Earth ...... :wut:
Chichibcc

Postby William Lee » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:16 pm

For the moment, I'll just be general:

What makes me go "Hmmmmm...?"

1) Dee Lake vs. "Bobby Lake" -- What's the connection there? If Bo (or better, John) was using this as an alias, it's pretty obvious where it came from. But what's the connection there? Was DJ Lake THAT involved with the scams (and possible drug related businesses), so much so that John felt it a good move to commandeer the man's distinctive last name? How deep was DJ involved with their business? This is the potential VA tie-in, ground zero... Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

More to come...
William Lee

Postby Ausgirl » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:50 pm

This sequence of events:

The sole eye witness to a triple homicide insists a child is missing from the crime scene.

The body of the child's murdered mother is somehow confused by police with said child.

The sole eye witness keeps insisting the child is missing from the crime scene.

The mother is (finally) identified by a relative as being the mother.

The missing child is discovered to be, after all, missing.

THE MISSING TWELVE YEAR OLD TINY GIRL CHILD IS NOW SUSPECTED OF BEING AN ACCOMPLICE .
Ausgirl

Postby Ausgirl » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:34 pm

This series of comments:

(from Marty's interview):

PAGES 7 and 8

Smartt: I went to bed about ten after two. After, well, we keep the medicine put up because of the kids, I had to get John's medicine out, and I gave him two phenobarbitals, and a delantin, two phenobarbitals and two delantins, to go to bed on. That's what the doctor prescribed.

Bradley: Every night he has to take that?

Smartt: Ya. Once he's out, that's it, ya know.

Added to this:

Bradley: Did you see any activity at that time?

John: Nothing unusual.

Bradley: Nothing unusual. No lights, cars, traffic, anything.

Crim: Pertinent.

John: This is what was so surprising to me because I'm a very light sleeper and if there's an unusual noise...
Ausgirl

Postby Eastern » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Dee supposedly did make drug delivery runs to Feather Falls. It wasn't an unknown place to people surrounding Marde, if not Marde himself.

Things that make me go hmmmm:

1. Marde sending postcards that Bo is dead. What's that all about?

2. Nothing we've seen in LE records about them trying to verify whether Bo and Marde were really patients at the Reno VA.

3. How many people surrounding this case are from the Phoenix area.

4. Nothing we've seen in LE records saying that Sue and the Meeks were close friends. Mrs. Meeks said when the FBI came to her home to question her and Marilyn, the agents pretty much gaffed off whatever she and Marilyn had to say and acted like they didn't want to be there.

5. Dee's comment that LE wanted to talk to him about his military expertise with knots. Considering the jobs Dee had in the military - huh? That seems like a lie.

6. Spencer worked for the VA.

7. Justin named both Marde and Bo as the perps. LE didn't question either of them extensively.

8. No tape or transcript of Ricky's interview.
Eastern

Postby SGRider » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:26 pm

This:
"...and he is quiet enough to where he could have noticed something WITHOUT ME DETECTING HIM."
SGRider

Postby SGRider » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:29 pm

To clarify my previous post, that statement is not necessarily what makes me go hmmmmm.....but LE's blatant ignoring of that statement, as if they didn't even hear it.
SGRider

Postby gotbier » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Ausgirl wrote:This series of comments:

(from Marty's interview):

PAGES 7 and 8

Smartt: I went to bed about ten after two. After, well, we keep the medicine put up because of the kids, I had to get John's medicine out, and I gave him two phenobarbitals, and a delantin, two phenobarbitals and two delantins, to go to bed on. That's what the doctor prescribed.

Bradley: Every night he has to take that?

Smartt: Ya. Once he's out, that's it, ya know.

Why did Marde have to 'give' John his meds? He couldn't get and take them himself??? Hmmmmm

Added to this:

Bradley: Did you see any activity at that time?

John: Nothing unusual.

Bradley: Nothing unusual. No lights, cars, traffic, anything.

Crim: Pertinent.

John: This is what was so surprising to me because I'm a very light sleeper and if there's an unusual noise...
gotbier

Postby Ausgirl » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:21 am

--- That Philip S., weird and delusional pal of Wade Meeks, knew exactly how Dana and John were murdered, and said he saw Sue being 'choked'. Now, even supposing he got information from the Meeks's and other people close to the case, would those details have been freely available to anyone just over two weeks later, on 5-1-81, when he was interviewed? Also, how he said he approached a man with a Mercedes at the Backdoor Bar, a detail backed up by the car's owner - who didn't always drive that particular car.

Philip was seen outside a liquor store on the 12th April at around 12.00 noon talking about the victims. This is prior to any media announcement of the crime.

And here we see him a little bit earlier: On Sunday morning, 4-12-81, Jan S. went to church at the Methodist Church on Church St. When she arrived, a group of women told her that they had found Phillip S. sleeping in the high school room

What time did that service start? And I find that a pretty damned narrow window of time for Philip to have been contacted by somebody who had the news (between around 8.00 am? and 12.00 noon, maybe 3 hours, with no phone) and given details of not only the murder itself, but who exactly had been killed.

Philip may have been delusion, but does that automatically prove he didn't actually see anything? His statements are here.

---- That Terry Algers said on 5/28/81 that he "overheard Pat and Joe (managers of the Meadow Valley Inn) talking on the phone on a few occasions and something was said about the middle fork of the Feather River and he thinks they two guys who had done the killing may be hiding out down there."

Which, of course, is not very far at all from where Tina was found.
Ausgirl

Postby dmac » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:49 am

Philip's eyewitness details aren't mentioned in the early reports- only weeks later, by which time a lot of it was likely common knowledge. Everything he says to place himself there is unconfirmed or debunked, so he simply doesn't seem credible. Whether that's reality or by design...?

A lot of hmmmming on my part, very loud HMMMMMMing. LE's behavior and corruption is A#1, of course. Crim, Bradley, and DT. The Elephant in the room: the BS debunked alibi made up by Marty, Boubede, and Marilyn. The fact that each described clear details that totally contradict their collective alibi. Dee's entire interview was a sham.

Crim, a DOJ SA (special agent) who was already on record as trying to derail cases he was employed to bring to justice. This corrupt pig was brought in to oversee the miscarriage of justice in Keddie. Anybody that doesn't believe that bit of gold, and thinks Crim was there at the whim of DT/PCSO to simply help out as a liaison? Answer this:

Why was Crim right back on top of the Keddie Murders three years later, in adjacent Butte county, overseeing and controlling the collection of Tina's remains? PCSD had no jurisdiction nor cause to bring him into the case, because they didn't even know it was Tina, did they? How did Crim end up in Butte County collecting Tina? Why is it reported that the discovery was April 11, 1981, but most reports state it was April 21?

Or did they??

HMMMM!!!

:pissed_off:

TO MK's POST BELOW:
MK- the point is it was easy for him to know about the murders themselves, but the timing was pretty early to be town crier talking about them and naming the victims. What happened later, weeks later when 'officially' interviewed, that was eyewitness testimony that lined up with Justin's stories and what must have been, by then, common knowledge to many, many people. Lots of Hmms, cuz Dale Meeks is the common thread to Philip, to a fling with Marilyn that may have been going on prior to the murders, to him taking Marilyn back to Cabin 26 on the 12th to grab shit so they could move in (for months) with the Meeks (who Mamma insists was NEVER A FRIEND yet was the first place Loon called). Wade Dale Meeks is the one who only saw needles in the basement, not the bloody clothing and bag and weapons Loon magially saw that same afternoon of the 12th. Wade is the same guy Marty was screaming at in lockup just hours before PCSD forced him to go to Klamath, when he was yelling "where are the drugs? We got her, you're next!" Full circle, Wade is the guy who took a drunk Philip home from the church he was crashing at, which takes us back to the beginning of Philip's account.

Philip is kinda proved a crackpot, but it makes us all go "Hmmm!" about Wade Dale Meeks, hmm?
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:51 pm

dmac wrote:Why was Crim right back on top of the Keddie Murders three years later, in adjacent Butte county, overseeing and controlling the collection of Tina's remains? PCSD had no jurisdiction nor cause to bring him into the case, because they didn't even know it was Tina, did they?

He was there???? I wasn't aware that he'd been involved with that aspect of the case, also....

Coincidence, maybe? I think not..... :wut:
Last edited by Chichibcc on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chichibcc

Postby SGRider » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:22 pm

I think just about everything in this case makes ALL of us go "hmmmm...." such as 1) why was Tina taken away to 2) why was an ex-con who was staying literally a stone's throw away from Cabin 28 and claimed to be an ex-cop (among other lies) not taken in and held for further questioning to 3) why D. Lake claimed "I didn't have a car at that time" (yet he did have one and had loaned it to Marde?)....all the way to why PSCO still doesn't want to deal with this case to this very day....and what I've listed right here is but just a drop in the ocean as they say.
SGRider

Postby frida » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Hmmmm--

Sue had black hair. Tina had blonde hair.

Sue was a 36 year old woman who had given birth--even if she was a petite woman who looked younger than her age.

Tina was described as looking about nine years old.

If LE really couldn't tell them apart they were suffering from a severe rectal cranial inversion.
I'm here all week folks!
frida

Postby not sure » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:25 am

Here's another Hmmmm moment for me...

Crim: Do you think that, uh, if Justin submitted to hypnosis that it might help him? To think something else that he might be consciously, you know, keeping out of his
mind?

Smartt: I don't know. I don't know. I keep thinking myself, gee, you know, I'm very concerned about these kids. You know, now that I talk to you guys I see that you are not the kind of guys that says, ok, you know, the bright light and the whole bit, But uh, I'm very concerned. I went to see Doug the first thing this morning, very concerned because
it created very serious health problems

Marty went to see Doug that very morning, concerned about Justin's health. Doug? Doug? First, if he meant Doug Albin, why would he go talk to him about Justin's health? Second, if it was Sheriff Doug Thomas...first name basis? With the Sheriff? A so-called common thug?
not sure

Postby borderline » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:35 pm

NS, I may be mistaken, but I watched part2 of the Documentry today and i seem to recall the counselor who Marty reportedly confessed to, saying that Marty and Doug Thomas were friends at one point. Like he had stayed with him at his house at some time? I will have to find the link again to the film and double check.....
borderline

Postby not sure » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:26 pm

You're right, Borderline. I just find this VERY telling for why this case isn't solved. Marty had a relationship with Doug Thomas...why? Too many questions come up for me concerning this. Marty was a nomadic, unemployed cook who may or may not have dealt drugs. What could be the reason for his having a relationship with this sheriff? a sheriff he was apparently on first name basis with? a sheriff who, 3 mos after the murders, resigned his post and presumably took one with DOJ? There's more to this I tell ya...
not sure

Return to just speculatin'