DVD Transcripts

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

DVD Transcripts

Postby Ausgirl » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:30 pm

I'm REALLY interested in getting transcripts of interviews on both DVD's.

Not a small task! And I don't expect one person to make them! But here's what I do need:

If anyone has the DVD's and has a little time to transcribe -clearly and accurately - one section of interview, please please do so?

Head it up with what video it's from, who's talking and such and post it here.

If there's a section you want to transcribe or have already done so and need to look for the file or something, please make a post as to your 'intent to transcribe' so we don't have people doubling up.

This would go a LONG way to helping figure out what's what, and I really hope folks will get on board to assist, even with just one small segment.
Ausgirl

Re: DVD Transcripts

Postby Ausgirl » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:14 am

The words mean half as much without seeing expressions and hearing tone of voice. If it's an issue, then please feel free to PM them to me.

There's several things I've picked up in transcript snippets that I missed when watching the videos, I think it's the fact that the written word doesn't move about or something that helps the inforamation stick - it's also a lot easier to compare comments in writing.
Ausgirl

Postby auburngirl » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Aus,
I definitely agree that it is difficult to comprehend the complete meaning behind the dialogue without the visual input. I am a speech therapist and my day consists of teaching patients how to pair body language, vocal changes, facial expressions and eye contact with spoken language to convey a specific meaning. You can make a statement many different ways simply by changing your tone, inflection, volume, pitch, facial expressions (you get the picture). Having the written transcript to review before watching the video may help you focus more on the nonverbal language. I'd have to go back to the DVD to cite specifics, but there were more than a few moments during the interviews on video that I thought were odd. I'd really like to have the opportunity to watch both interviews without their faces covered.
auburngirl

Postby Ausgirl » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:12 pm

auburn -- bingo. Check out the microexpressions, too, on some of the folks...

I'd also like files at hand that I can annotate in comparing, for example, what was said in those videos and what was said elsewhere.

I'd love your opinion on those parts you thought were odd.
Ausgirl

Postby auburngirl » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:06 pm

I'll have to go back and watch the DVD again but off the top of my head I remember that Justin was always looking off to the side (maybe that is where the camera was?). He also changed some wording during one part as if he caught himself before he said something he didn't intend to. There was also an odd choice of words used by Bo during his interview when the interviewer made the comment that Justin's actions while playing with Casey may mean he witnessed things - again, if we could see Bo's face it may give more information. Sorry I don't have specifics...I'll watch those parts again tonight and take some notes.
auburngirl

Postby tinkerbell » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:25 am

Auburn
Actually Justin was watching me. I was there for that interview and that was the first time I had seen him since I left Quincy.
tinkerbell

Postby dmac » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:45 am

auburngirl wrote:Justin was always looking off to the side (maybe that is where the camera was?)

Sorry, Aub, but wouldn't that mean Justin was looking directly into the camera? :-)) That alone was not worthy of yet another dry wit rebounder by me, but Sheila says Justin was looking at her?

Justin is staring blankly, not focused on a damned thing. Look at his eyes, there is a total disconnect from reality, from any focus. If you were sitting there, Sheila, he was certainly trying to block you- and everything else- out of his environment. And he was lying from start to finish. Justin's replies look, sound, smell rehearsed. you were not there, for what it's worth. His eyes prove you did not exist.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby auburngirl » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Thanks dmac and Sheila! My comment about the cameras was just a reason given on a whim to explain the why he may have been looking to the side. Knowing now that Sheila was sitting in that direction makes it even more odd for the exact reasons dmac gave. He looks blank and glazed over. Either way, even simply watching it on video and not in person it seemed clear to me that his verbal and nonverbal communication wasn't what you'd expect if someone was supposedly telling the truth - which is no big surprise to anyone.
auburngirl

Postby quincygirl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 pm

I have watched more than a few shows regarding lying/hiding the truth and almost all the experts say that liars typically look towards their left. I find that interesting and disturbing at the same time since I am one of those people that looks away from people when I am telling a story, not the whole time but I glance past them sometimes...but it is always towards the right so I guess that makes me truthful? I am but...just thought it interesting.
quincygirl

Postby not sure » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this thread. I have a transcription of a deleted scene from Part I of Justin describing his life:

I am now 33 years old and this is approximately 21 years after the a the crime occurred in Keddie and I, to be honest, umm, even though I was involved in a, in a heinous crime or may even have witnessed a heinous crime I have complete peace in my life. Umm, I own my own business, I have a beautiful girlfriend who I intend on marrying and life is very good for me now and is very strange for a person to have been involved or even witness a heinous crime of that nature and not remember anything a about it and have a life that in my opinion is almost perfect umm, and life is very good for me.

Catch the "involved"? Not once but twice. Made me go hmmm...
not sure

Postby Ausgirl » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:41 pm

This is why transcripts are good. "Heinous crime" seems to be phrase of the day, as well.

His robotic performance and nervous repetitions could also have been because Sheila was there looking at him, after however many years. His utter avoidance of her after also hints that Sheila made him feel bad/nervous, maybe it hit a nerve/triggered memories he'd rather not have.
Ausgirl

Postby budrfligh » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:28 pm

Justin appears to me to be robotic and terrified. His diconnect is probably a coping mechanism due to trauma. I feel his shift from involved to witness is simple psych 101. He feels responsible for not helping and he knows more than he can say due to fear. That boy has been through an awful lot. I heard he was living in Quincy. I find that somewhat sad as well. I would like to think I'd get as far away as possible from that place. I wish him peace.
budrfligh

Postby wild » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:13 pm

@Budrfligh, I tend to agree with you. Justin knows more than he's telling but believe he's afraid. From what I've read, he's had trouble with drugs but says his life is good. I believe it's anything but good. He's suffered a major trauma, and while it isn't an excuse, it's at least understandable. As someone who's a survivor or a major childhood trauma myself, I completely empathize with him, but also believe he will have a huge weight lifted from him when the entire truth comes to light.
wild

Postby dmac » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:09 am

dmac wrote:
auburngirl wrote:Justin was always looking off to the side (maybe that is where the camera was?)

Sorry, Aub, but wouldn't that mean Justin was looking directly into the camera? :-)) That alone was not worthy of yet another dry wit rebounder by me, but Sheila says Justin was looking at her?

Justin is staring blankly, not focused on a damned thing. Look at his eyes, there is a total disconnect from reality, from any focus. If you were sitting there, Sheila, he was certainly trying to block you- and everything else- out of his environment. And he was lying from start to finish. Justin's replies look, sound, smell rehearsed. you were not there, for what it's worth. His eyes prove you did not exist.

I was just "thanked" for this 2011 comment, which makes me need to address the obvious: It's an old post filled with major problems.

By 2011 I'd figured out a lot of stuff and basically knew who was responsible (including Crimely and PCSO), but I was WAY OFF BASE about other victims, such as Justin and Sheila. All of us were still building steam on aspects seemingly ignored by PCSO (read: covered up). That includes the Meeks and the baby and Sheila and yada yada.

I'm one of the first to call Sheila out as a liar, as she was. She was trying to protect the family and reputation, yet she'd offered full support while providing few facts but many lies.

That's true, but the ensuing madness with her new husband, PacificGhost Sifu Tofu Dick, made things unbearable. We all overreacted, and I believe my disgust with Tofu transferred to her. He's a self-centered, domineering moron, she is pretty damned selfless. After what she's endured, she has no ego left to admire or abuse.

Sheila lies to protect the integrity of the family, Tofu/Sifu lies for cash. Sifu is $20 an hour at a motel, $5 in the seat of a car.

My main point is to recognize my errors and apologize to those who I've maligned since that 2011 post.

Admittedly, the sore pocket of a web forum for an ''unsolved' crime' is the room for wide spec and accusations, but mine were particularly pointed, bitter slings. I have a stinging tongue, even when in jest. Trying to control a forum of thousands of posts and hundreds of posters is never as difficult as controlling my own voice.

I've fucked up, and I apologize to many members, past and present.

I massively apologize to Sheila, as I now have enough info to know the reason she lied.

I also apologize to Justin for EVERYTHING. Justin is the most overlooked victim.

My secondary point to re-reading this 2011 post is to say I was right but VERY WRONG.

Reading back on my old posts, all I see is the errors. I so apologize to Sheila for screwing the pooch when her new hubby became completely controlling and unbearable. At the time, I was angry at both, but mostly Tofu Dick. he's still a twat, but Sheila never was.

Justin was focused on what he would say. I've just been in front of a camera crew for 2.5 hours and decided I really suck at interviews. I didn't focus well. Others say I did a great job. Not me.

Look at the bits with Justin. He's deeply thoughtful, recognizing the impact of his words before he formulates them. Cautious and oblique.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie facts