Movie excerpt: the strange postcard

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Movie excerpt: the strange postcard

Postby jhancock » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:17 pm

In the video section below, I posted a brief excerpt from Marilyn about the postcard she said she received in the mail.

Do we think it's true? If so, why so many reports out there that Bo was still alive at the time, or maybe still alive now?

Justin never mentioned Bo once. Could Bo be Justin's "big reveal" sometime later?
jhancock

Postby Night Rider » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:12 pm

I don't think she was lying about the postcard. But there is still that question about their activities around Chico to clear up before I could accept that.

If they were in the sport, then it would have been easy to have a wheelman drop it in a mailbox during a run.

I have never accepted the idea that Bo is deceased. at least not with the flimsy evidence I have been given.

All of that crap, and the way it has been presented, is telling me the exact opposite.
Night Rider

Postby mrs.mcglovin11 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:14 pm

I looked up John Boubede in Florida and the information that I got was that he has been deceased since 2003. I have been doing some research as to where Bo has been since the Keddie murders and it is the only thing that I have came up with. I have done people searches and searched Ancestry.com and I got the same information from both. Apparently he is buried in a Veterans cemetery in Florida.
mrs.mcglovin11

Postby Night Rider » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Not acceptable, Jesse and I looked into him back in 2006.

The Bo in Keddie was NOT 4 years younger than Marty, I was told that very specifically by Mama Meeks

And that guy was "Lucky," how many nicknames does a person need?

And in addition, someone ran him and found that he had an arrest 30 days later, in North Carolina, not Oregon....
Night Rider

Postby TinyDancer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:08 pm

I found an article in Edwardsville, Illinois, dated February 3, 1959.

Alvin Boubede, age 35, was at a hearing for a hold up of a jewelry store on October 13th. He was so scared to go back to prison (prior convictions for hold ups) that he died of a heart attack at the hearing.

His accomplice in this hold up was his nephew, John Boubede, who was 26 at the time.
TinyDancer

Postby TinyDancer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:21 pm

Another article, Anderson Herald, Anderson, Indiana, April 2, 1963

Ex convict, John Boubede, age 31 is named "the candy bandit."

Witnesses identified Boubede and his accomplice in the robbery of a wealthy Indiana woman. They told the woman they had a box of candy to deliver then forced their way into her home where they stole $52,000 in furs and jewelry.
TinyDancer

Postby Night Rider » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Excellent work...... Folks. Google has been crawling newspapers for some time now. I have found some brand new stuff on one of my shadows.

Are you aware of some of what we have found?

We have found a couple of listings on him, showing that he was about 71 years old a few years ago. One listing was in Las Vegas, and the other one was in Reno.

That does bring up a little problem, back then, how many people like that were accepted by the services???
Night Rider

Postby Night Rider » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Okay, try this: Severin Johnny Boubede. Father and son both

These names go direct to Cook County, via the Big Easy. Then the lines branch out to North Carolina. There also does seem to be a tie-in to the one in Holiday Fl. "Johnny Leon Boubede.
Night Rider

Postby not sure » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:50 am

Okay, so here are my questions...

Was it ever established that John "Bo" Boubede was a Vietnam War Vet? What if he was a Korean War Vet? What if his service time was long before Marty's? My understanding is that Marty met him at the Vet's hospital but that doesn't necessarily mean they had the Vietnam War in common, right?

Come to think of it, I think Marilyn asked that question herself but no one really knew. I know Mrs Meeks said Bo was much older than Marty. When asked in chat about that she stated he was probably about 10 or 15 years older.

As to them taking guys into the service who had records? You bet they did! Often that was offered as an option to prison time. Case in point: there was a guy who lived across the street from me who was arrested for rape. When it came time to plea deal he was given the military as an option. Go to jail or go into the Army. Guess which one he chose.
not sure

Postby Night Rider » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:42 pm

Who said she was lying? Heck, maybe even Marty had no idea what he had really done.

He could possibly have been in Korea, no one really knows.

As to Adam. we know who he is, I once sent him and email at the request of another poster. The name is positive, we have discussed that for years,

Yes, he is from New Orleans, he is related. That name can be found in New Orleans as far back as 1855.

But there is no proof that our Bo is even a Boubede. He could have assumed that name.
Night Rider

Postby mrs.mcglovin11 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm

The Johnnie Leon Boubede in Holiday FL was Severin's son. So that is the one buried in the Florida National Cemetery. Do we know what the name of the mental institution that Marty met Bo is? That may be a way to get some info. Also, are we basing all the information that we have on Bo on what Marilyn has said in the past?
mrs.mcglovin11

Postby Night Rider » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Whatever, you folks do it your way.

Question: Which Severin Boubede???
Night Rider

Postby mrs.mcglovin11 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:55 pm

Night Rider. I do not mean to offend in any way. I am just revealing what I find. I have so many questions and I think that you know alot. I would like to be able to compare and collaborate with you. I mean no disrespect. Please dont take it the wrong way. Do you happen to know where the mental hospital was that the two met at?
mrs.mcglovin11

Postby Night Rider » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:40 pm

What I have seen is that there are a lot of people with that name, yes, the one in Holiday shows as a son of Severin.

But it is going to take a lot of looking to figure out who was born to whom and when.

The problem is that no one has ever brought up that given name. We have only looked for "John Boubede."

From what Mama said to me, Bo was about 45 years old, give or take. Marty was 32.

There are too many questions about their travels and where they met. If Bo was a Korean vet, what was he doing out here on the west coast.

Then there is what Josh said on this board. Then there is what was said years ago. He was waiting to get into Yountville Veterans Home because he had a sister living in Napa.

Bo is one of my shadows for very good reason, every thing we know about him is possibly clouded in secrecy. The only thing that is kinda consistent is that they supposedly met at that time at the VA Hospital in Reno. But is that the first time??

It has always been in my mind that Bo had been a plant, by someone. But what Josh said could change my mind on that. We all know who knows the real truth here. Our friend Dee Lake. After all, he has supposedly said that he knows that they didn't do it...
Night Rider

Postby mrs.mcglovin11 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:47 am

That is some very interesting information. It seems to me that maybe he was planted as well. I have a couple different theories about how the night went about. But the way everyone that was interviewed was acting...left me kind of suspicious. They didnt seem to be acting normal. One question I have though is where was "Bo" after the murders? He seemed to fall off the face of the earth. We know the timeline where Marty was. He had gotten arrested here in Quincy then went to Portland. When did Bo leave? Had anyone seen or talked to him after that night? What did he act like? Glenna Meeks said Marty was high on something. Did anybody check Napa for Bo? Just some questions I had.
mrs.mcglovin11

Return to just speculatin'