Looking Closely at Marilyn's Statements

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Looking Closely at Marilyn's Statements

Postby Ausgirl » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:09 am

It's late here, so I'm not gonna fit all of this in at once, and anyways, I'd really like to see what -other people- see in the Collated Marilyn Posts thread.

Here's just a very few things that stuck out to me:

1. Her incessant whining and epic sulk fit over Wade Meeks refusing to have anything to do with the forum or Marilyn herself.

Just read the entry of collated comments on Wade. First she starts off demanding over and over that he help her 'remember' things - like the whereabouts of her other obsession, her 'little red station station wagon', among other things. THEN she goes to great lengths to link Wade with Marty & Dee, asks about heavy drug use among that group of friends, raises the question of where Wade was that night.

2. The sheer number of people she points the finger at: Marty & Boubede --- first. Then, at various stages of her 'conversion' -- Dee Lake, 'creepy' Lynn Seavey, Jim Seabolt, Robert Silveria, Wade Meeks, "The wild man",Craig Walters, and Delmas Archuleta.

Note that she had recently spoken to several of these people - on one hand she speaks nicely of them, and how helpful they were. On the other, she outright states they ought to be suspects.

3. The emphatic way she distances herself from Sue.

Doesn't know Sue well. Never went to her home. Doesn't know if Sue had a phone. Only knew her through the kids. Etc.

4. The way she distances herself form Mrs. Meeks, too: She states in a quote I haven't posted yet that she went to the Meeks' house on the morning after the murders because she knew Wade.

Biblically, apparently, even at that stage, despite the 'lady protesting' that she didn't. Mrs. Meeks knew Marilyn had her 'hooks in' even that early, she says. Also, denying point blank - to Mrs. Meeks herself - that she and Mrs. Meeks ever studied at Cabin 26. Maybe she was worried over what Nina Meeks remembered...

5. Her various comments about what happened the night of the murders. But I'm hoping that gets a pile of scrutiny from everyone here.

6. The way she hints that John and Dana had it coming, and goes to the effort of making it VERY clear how much Marty hated John - even while protesting Marty's innocence.

It seems that anyone and everyone who has displeased this woman personally in one way or another is on the hit list.

Dmac used a very bad word to describe Marilyn, not long ago. Based on the 60-odd pages of her drivel I have just raked through, I must say I tend to concur.
Ausgirl

Re: Looking Closely at Marilyn's Statements

Postby Ausgirl » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:40 am

.. oh. And as for a possible previous link between Marty & Boubede - North Carolina? Marty was stationed there, says Marilyn, for a time. Boubede is heavy on family ties there. Just making a note as a reminder to do some digging into possible cross-over dates.

To save on piles of new posts made, I'll just keep adding my further observations to this one, I think.

- Marilyn says quite a few times and emphatically that she hardly knew Sue from soap. Yet - they attended FRC together, had friends in common (the Meeks), kids who were best friends and hung out a lot, her kids stayed over at 28, they lived across the street from each other. And she never knew whether Sue had a phone. :roll: I think she mentions that - what- twice? Add to this Marty's statement that he felt Sue was to blame for the divorce... More bullshit, methinks.

- And what the hell is it with Wade Meeks? She shacked up with Wade for a few months thirty years ago, and look at how much of her posting is devoted to him (compared to say, the victims) and her questions/demands for him to communicate on the board. I have a gut sense there was more to it than just a woman who can't quite let go of a guy she dumped for Skip (whom she met as a married man - at the Meeks house, no less, possibly while Wade was away in the Navy? What a piece of work..). Especially seeing how she's hinting around the edges of Wade having some involvement (asking where he was, speculating as to his drug use re being pals with Dee and Marty, etc). Something's just not sitting right with me, there.

-[b] I've been wondering if Marilyn and Wade picked up more than clothes when they went back to her cabin. "Where's the dope, Meeks?" asks Marty a month later, in jail, in front of the cops. Not "where's my wife" but "where's the dope".

As a side note - Marty sure spent a LOT of time in the area post-crime, for a guy who was supposed to have left for Klamath and stayed there. He was around for days after, bailing up the Meeks house with abuse (I presume over Marilyn/missing dope) so that Mr. Meeks felt obliged to guard his family with a shotgun. He's pulling knives on folks at gas stations (if that's true, in any case he was arrested for sure) and all. Is it not STRANGE to the extreme that a man responsible for a murder of that magnitude is STILL floating around the area, seemingly careless about the cops?

-
Last edited by Ausgirl on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ausgirl

Postby SecretAgentHolly » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:33 pm

Unless Marty knew even by this stage that he was safely off LE's radar.
SecretAgentHolly

Postby not sure » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Ausgirl wrote:.. oh. And as for a possible previous link between Marty & Boubede - North Carolina? Marty was stationed there, says Marilyn, for a time. Boubede is heavy on family ties there. Just making a note as a reminder to do some digging into possible cross-over dates.

This reminded me...could there have been a previous link between Sue & Marty or Boubede from North Carolina? or Mississippi? Sue was married to a military man. I still wonder if they met before Keddie...
not sure

Postby dmac » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:02 pm

Sue's ex was in the navy; Marty was army, Bo was army-air corps (Air Force before it branched off and became official). The likelihood of Marty and Bo meeting up were slim to nil; the likelihood of Sue meeting up was nil.

NC is a clearing house for military- not only is it strategic, it's also hillbilly central and, lets face it, the rich of America eat the poor. It's the most disenfranchized segments of the population that are forced into the military as a means of survival. Although the draft was in place since WWII, I do not think a single player in this case with military background was drafted. Marty, for instance, was underage. Spencey himself claims he joined up willingly (not that he's a player, but he sure is an asshole). Bo was likely given the choice of another stretch in prison or a stretch in the army.

As for the wives and family, they are entirely separate socially from their husbands. Different networks, different expectations, different outcomes. The social circle is determined by the husband's status: Branch, rank, where the family is stationed, social pecking order within, housing location, etc. Again, the likelihood of these disperate assholes who served at different times and locations meeting up prior to Keddie is slim to nil. The likelihood Sue knew any of them before Plumas County is below nil.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby not sure » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Reason I brought up the possible prior meeting was that I found a listing for John S Boubede marrying a Mary Hinton in Harrison County, MS on 5/3/75 and knew that Tina was born in Harrison County, MS. Puts them in proximity albeit a 7 yr span. My understanding is the Sharp family was living in MS until just before Sue left her husband to move to CA. I was thinking there may have been a prior meeting, exchange, or such prior to seeing each other in Keddie. I was even thinking (wondering) if Bo actually found his way to Keddie because of Sue...meaning, he was tracking her movements or following her or...well, you get my drift.
not sure

Postby Ausgirl » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Which is weird, even if you just look at the odds of Boubede ending up in remote little Keddie. Even if the two were in no way connected. Wasn't it the same town, in that county, though? I can swear I saw some time ago that there was an actual town in common. Thanks for that info, NS. And let's just say, for saying's sake, that if he and Sue did not know each other, Bo might have known her husband.

I also think 'nil' is a bit strong, D. It a/ smacks of dismissal, and b/ I've personally known army folks to mix with air force in military towns - because of family ties, mainly. One brother in the army, the other AF, or somebody marries somebody else's sister, and the social group widens.
Ausgirl

Postby Eastern » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:10 pm

dmac,

Even though Marty and Bo were stationed in NC at different times, where they were stationed (Ft. Bragg area) has Army and Air Force working close to or with each other, and living together as the norm. There are a bunch of military from all branches in eastern NC and the Fayetteville area. Since Bo still had kids/family in the Fayetteville area when Marty was stationed there, and they both had a proclivity for scamming people out of money, it's not a stretch that they could have met. Plenty of carnies working the circuits in NC, too.

Not sure, Interesting info about MS. May not be a huge stretch that Bo and the Sharp's crossed paths there.

Any info on where in VA Bo may have lived - didn't his niece say he lived there too?
Eastern

Postby dmac » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:55 pm

I stand by my belief re: the likelihood of them meeting being near nil. Bo was already lying about being a cop, so he also lied about his service- and shamefully poorly at that (see below). Still, let's do the math and follow the kids: Bo's first batch with wife #1 appeared 1951thru 59. He, of course, did a ton of crimes inbetween, and had just been released from Joliet in Illinois when his divorce came through in 65. So, really, we have Bo in the military for a period in the 50s, likely behind bars for the Indiana spree of home invasions as the Candy Robbers, ending in a release from prison and a wife in 65.

Marty, on the other hand, was briefly in the NC area of Bragg in 67, prior to a soft stint in Nam from 67-69. It's an incredibly vague situation, years apart, with THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of servicemen pouring through the gates of Bragg and elsewhere. If you wanna line them up as pals in 67, fine, but allow me to fully disagree using the same information. Bring me some new details and I may change my mind, but right now the math supporting a meeting is simply not there.

Here's what was Boubede said in his DOJ interview:

Crim: So you were in the service then?

John: Yes.

Crim: Harry and I were both Navy men, what were you in?

John: Air Corps.

Crim: Air Corps.

John: Is the only way, going into gun fire.

It's funny that Bo says he was part of the Air Corps, since it didn't exist. For him to have been Air Corps would be as magical as him being a cop at age nine, which he also claimed in this interview. USAAC existed from 1926 until 1942, when it became US ARMY AIR FORCES. In 1947, it became a branch of its own (USAF), entirely separate from the Army. If he was referring to the US Navy Air Corps, he's even further off the reality scope: that unofficial term was mainly used prior to WWII.

Of course, for his story to add up, he had to have been in the service prior to his long years in Law Enforcement. So, evidently, Bo did a stretch in the Air Corps before becoming a cop at age 9. So, by his own account, he was in the service somewhere between birth and age eight. Crim and Bradley were really on their game that day.

Again, I find absolutely nothing odd or interesting about them being in North Carolina. They were both in the service, so that's not remotely unusual. For them to have met, when their service dates were about a decade apart, and Marty being there at a time of mass traffic due to Nam... for them to have met at that time would be so far beyond logic and odds that it spells setup. With nothing whatsoever supporting that, I reserve my right to use the information at hand to draw the conclusion I have: they didn't meet in North Carolina in the Sixties.

NS- can you find and post what you have about Bo's 75 marriage? That needs to go into the soon-to-be-started BO TIMELINE.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Eastern » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:08 pm

I still don't think it's a stretch that Bo may have gone back to NC off and on (to grace his kids with his presence when it suited him) after his prison stint and run into Marty. From what I remember, Marty was back at Bragg after his Nam tour and if what Loon said is true, he did time in the brig there lol. I could easily see them hanging out in the same places in or around Fayetteville.

I don't think it's a sure thing that they met in NC, but it's one of the many possibilities out there.
Eastern

Postby not sure » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:03 pm

D--I would but now I can't find it. I know it was a document I found online that listed marriages in Harrison County but now everywhere I look, nada. I've tried searching my system in hopes of locating a history on it but, again, nada. I'll keep looking.
not sure

Postby Ausgirl » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:34 pm

IMHO, Dmac, you're probably right. But 'probably' isn't 'positively'. When it comes down to it, it's all just guesswork atm, and if people feel the question is worth asking, I say -- ask it. Like Sue and Bo having been in the same area, too. Bit weird..?

Curious though: how many coincidences does it take until a string of 'em stops being "Oh hey, that's a bit weird" to it being something actually ... weird.?

You know. Like everyone and his dog being associated with the VA. :P

I want to know what towns Sue and Bo were in. I -know- that information is around somewhere.
Ausgirl

Postby not sure » Tue May 15, 2012 1:15 pm

NS- can you find and post what you have about Bo's 75 marriage? That needs to go into the soon-to-be-started BO TIMELINE.

Found it!

http://www.co.harrison.ms.us/elected/ci ... c_page=425

The one I saw originally was a copy of the page in the county book and it showed their ages, etc. But at least this shows a marriage...

Let me plug in a reminder that Tina was born in Gulfport in 1968. Granted, seven years is a long distance. But my understanding is Sheila said they lived in MS prior to moving west. I don't think her dad went to Connecticut until after the family left. If Bo was in Gulfport at a time when the Sharps were there it could be a link we haven't looked at.
not sure

Postby Ausgirl » Mon May 21, 2012 11:53 am

SGRider, that same thought has crossed my mind.

Bringing the topic 'round to Marilyn again, in a loose way -- it's really interesting to see who distances themselves from who, here. Marilyn makes a big deal out of being friendly with Tina, encouraging her creativity (I always had the feeling she spoke this stuff with a slight dig toward Sue for not being more supportive of Tina's art, though that might just be me not liking Marilyn on principle, and hearing that tone in her words because of it....) but distances herself from Sue in a huge way. Did she --really-- not have Sue's phone number? Really? (I have wondered whether it was Marilyn who picked Justin and Rick up that day.. pure speculation, but hey there was a car up and running fairly early on the morning after the murders, handy for Marty & co to go .. wherever they went, probably Dee's car -- and who's to say Marilyn did not have access to said car the day before? ) And look at how she speaks about Johnny, though - again, there's a tone.. like, he was a smartarse and probably asked for it in some way. I believe her when she said she didn't know Dana -- but she MUST have seen him hanging around the place.

As an aside, since we're wandering off-topic, anyhow -- Marty admits to killing a small woman and her smaller daughter, but distances himself entirely from the murders of John and Dana... Yet according to Loon, Marty had previously shown a deal of open aggression toward John, who may not have been in awe of Marty as some of the other kids were. And then, despite this confession, John and Sue appear to have had a deal more in common as victims in terms of wounds and such than Dana did with either of them. And it was Marilyn's claim that Marty has threatened to break John's hands that drew my attention to the way she spoke about Sue and the kids.. Also, I think she so wanted Marty arrested in those early days, imo. Because life would've been a lot easier for her if he'd been thrown in jail.
Ausgirl

Postby Chichibcc » Mon May 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Ausgirl wrote:Did she --really-- not have Sue's phone number? Really?

Yeah, I don't buy that, either...especially considering how much time Justin spent over at Sue's, and given the fact that they lived in such close proximity to one another.
Chichibcc

Postby Princess » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:20 am

The postcard was sent to Ramona Lake.
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Princess

Postby frida » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Deb-I believe Ramona received a postcard while Loon was informed via a letter/note sent by Marty.
I'm here all week folks!
frida

Postby Tennessean » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:10 pm

After reading through a few threads on this site some of the posters scare me a bit and I really wonder who they are. I noticed that Marilyn had made a lot of comments about these murders on another site, but I don't see her active on this site, does anyone know what happened to Marilyn or why she doesn't comment here?
Tennessean

Postby dmac » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:50 pm

I don't know what forum that's still alive where she's currently active. She was involved in forums prior to this one, but hasn't been here since everyone knows she's a lying sack. She is like Dee Lake and other guilty assholes who Find Jesus, like his face was on the back of some cosmic milk carton. Once they are called out for being involved in a heinous crime, scum love their gods.

General rule of thumb: When someone in prison proclaims their innocence AND 'finds the savior', that prick is guilty. When they proclaim their innocence, yet never bring 'god' into it, give them an ear. They're the ones who are telling the truth.

If they play the god card before even being charged with a crime? Shoot to kill.

:have_a_nice_day:
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Tennessean » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Her absence stinks of guilt. So to your knowledge she has never posted on this forum?
Tennessean

Next

Return to just speculatin'