The Pet Thread

Re: The Pet Thread

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:35 pm

I currently don't have any pets-my landlord doesn't allow them, and I couldn't have any while I was growing up because my mom has never really liked animals, or had any patience for them.

I would like to get a dog though, possibly a golden retriever, if I ever have the chance to own my own home one day (another lifelong goal I would like to accomplish).
Chichibcc

Postby Ausgirl » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Gosh, I am giddy from all that CUTE. :D

Penelope looks -darling- and a lot like my own girl at that age (made me all clucky for her baby years). And awh, at least "Lisa" has a home and you can all see her any time. And now I want a Great Pyrennes puppy! I couldn't possibly keep one, though. :( But I can dream!

Chich, I hope you get your retriever some day. They're lovely dogs.

These users thanked the author Ausgirl for the post:
Chichibcc (Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:39 pm)
Ausgirl

Postby CoffeeOD » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:57 am

A few years ago my wife submitted Eeyore's picture for a contest to have a sketch done of him and he won. The photo was taken by my brother-in-law's wife on Sanibel Island, FL when Eeyore was like 5-6 months old. You can see the photo and the sketch made from it on the following website: http://www.austinanimalart.com/august.htm?subject=August%20Freebie%20Contest
CoffeeOD

Postby gotbier » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:33 pm

When they were both much smaller, my Granddaughter and her 'pet dolphin' used to sleep together: (hehehe)

These users thanked the author gotbier for the post:
Ausgirl (Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:52 pm)
gotbier

Postby Princess » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Here are my 3 rescue cats, they are so cute they each have there own personality, LOL.

This is Teddy
DSCF00231.JPG

This is Weezy
DSCF00641.JPG

This is Kyushi
DSCF0029.JPG
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

These users thanked the author Princess for the post:
frida (Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:25 pm)
Princess

Postby Princess » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:28 pm

This is the rest of the of my collection, poor Bud is all alone he is the only dog.

Peeka is the black cat
DSCF0023.JPG

DSCF0024.JPG
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

These users thanked the author Princess for the post (total 2):
dmac (Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 pm) • frida (Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:24 pm)
Princess

Postby CoffeeOD » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:52 am

UPDATE: My pup Eeyore died April 2, 2012. He went from being a happy healthy pup to sick overnight and within 2 weeks we had to put him down. He got Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia. Basically his body somehow saw his own red blood cells as dangerous intruders that needed to be killed. They don't know what triggers it and recovery prospects aren't good at all. We were lucky and have one of the best vet hospitals in the northwest just 10 miles away. That said, there was nothing they could do to save him after trying everything. My wife held him as he took his last breath.

A breeder of champion show Maltese heard about what happened to our pup and sold us one of her most recent litters, even though she rarely ever sells them. His name is Maximus, because he always seems to be asking us "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!" He's sweet, healthy, happy and while he will never replace Eeyore Puppybutt, he's awesome and makes every day an adventure.

These users thanked the author CoffeeOD for the post (total 3):
dmac (Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:55 am) • frida (Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:30 pm) • Indigo (Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:08 am)
CoffeeOD

Postby dmac » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:49 am

gotbier wrote:When they were both much smaller, my Granddaughter and her 'pet dolphin' used to sleep together: (hehehe)

delphís envy? At such a young age?

dolphin: from Greek δελφίς (delphís), "dolphin"
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:01 am

My own Tor died a few weeks ago. It's been long enough that I can talk about it without reeking of a pity party. He was my absolute best friend.

He was getting old, and we both knew it for a couple years. One night he was making too many rustling noises on his bed on the floor, so I sat down alongside and looked at him. He slowly got up, walked a couple steps to me, and collapsed in my arms. I immediately sussed he was dying. I put him on the bed with me, where he died, staring into my eyes.

I miss him terribly, but am relieved for him, as he strongly disliked aging. I'm eternally grateful he chose me as his best friend, and so incredibly relieved I was with him, so he could be where he wanted to be, with who he wanted to be near, when he died.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com

These users thanked the author dmac for the post (total 3):
Indigo (Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:23 am) • Izzy (Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:07 pm) • Princess (Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:57 am)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby IPO » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:23 pm

My Missymew died on May 21 st just 8 days short of her 16 th Birthday. She is the only kitten I ever adopted at a Pet Store and actually knew her birthday. All of the other cats I've shared a hime with have been rescues where my Vet and I have guesstimated their ages. i still have Trinity (15 years old) that I adopted as a companion for Missymew. At the time I still had my favourite of any cat, Dudley, a huge tuxedo. he was my very most special. i knew that Missymew would outlive him and wanted to get her a companion while she was still young enough to accept one. unfortunately Trinity will not accept another cat. She is extremely territorial of me and follows me everywhere. i've just removed missymew as my avatar. SHe was beautiful but had an edge to her.

i'll see if I can upload a photo of her (red tabby) and Trinity (black with some white). i am having a hard time letting go of my grief at the loss of Missymew.
IPO

Previous

Return to other sites & off-topic threads