Original Forum Member

introduce yourself, & tell us how you became interested in the case.

Original Forum Member

Postby sportbominable » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:15 pm

Hello everyone. I was one of the original forum members from a website a long time ago that I believe was called cabin28.com. Not sure if that's right. I came across the case while researching serial killers. I became very involved in the case and online discussions in the old forums. At the time, Sheila Sharp was actively participating in the forums along with some other key people, answering questions and giving out info. I had personally emailed her at one point to let her know about the Vidocq society. She had asked me for more information that I gave to her in another email, like their contact info and that they work with family members and law enforcement together. Apparently, according to your home page, the PCSO was not very cooperative. Sheila along with other key people involved in the case were very active in the forums at the time.

There is also a picture of Sheila with a black dog that looks exactly like a dog we had during the same time. I had asked her if she remembered where they got the dog and I believe she said in Connecticut.

I copied and pasted all the old forum dialog and saved it to Microsoft Word on my old computer. I haven't looked at it yet, but will see if I can retrieve it and get it onto my new computer. It had some very interested dialog between Sheila, Marilyn a friend of Marty's and Justin. Not sure who else was on there.

Hope I can contribute in a positive way to the case. It really bothers me that it is not solved yet, and that the families do not have their due justice.

These users thanked the author sportbominable for the post (total 4):
Chichibcc (Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:29 pm) • BUTTERFLYVALLEY1 (Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:44 pm) • Ausgirl (Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:45 pm) • Chicago Mindy (Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:43 pm)
sportbominable

Re: Original Forum Member

Postby jhancock » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi Sport,

We welcome your return. Those sites sure seem like a long time ago, don't they?

I definitely would welcome any material from the old site. It's disappointing that Sharp and Wingate family members are not involved as much anymore because I think they have much to contribute. My opinion is this: ten years ago, I don't think anyone could have predicted the leaps and bounds made in this case. It's been incredible. There has been such incredible work by the forum members here. But along with that fine attention to detail comes a lot of personal scrutiny that no one could have anticipated. What was once private become very, very public--a situation that would make anyone feel uncomfortable.

We're trying to do a better job of monitoring this board so that it doesn't suffer the same fate as those earlier websites. Thanks for coming back!
jhancock

Re: Original Forum Member

Postby sportbominable » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:26 am

Thanks for the welcome back. Sorry it took so long to reply. We were involved in a house fire at the beach house we were renting (upstairs renters caused it) and things got a little stressed and hectic. Hope to participate soon.
sportbominable

Return to intros