Justin

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

Re: Justin

Postby meankitty » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:00 pm

This was in the thread 'why I think the way I do' (I since changed my mind on who dunnit)

jhancock wrote:In Marty's confession, he referred to: killing Sue with a hammer, incapacitating Tina, killing Tina with a hammer, killing them in an isolated location that would make it difficult for people to hear suspicious noises, his motive for the killing, indirect references to Bo and Bo being the type of man who would commit such a murder, his friendship with the sheriff at the time, and his reasons why he felt he had to kill Tina. I think it's a very important question to ask why he would confess all this were it not true; and I'm not willing to provide "who the f knows" as my answer. It's a question on this forum that no one can provide a reasonable answer to. Why would Marty lie? Why would his other ex-wife tell us that he spent the rest of his life haunted by these murders, that he suffered nightmares about them nearly every night, and that he took medication up until his death to deal with stress, anxiety and migraines that, according to her, Marty said were a result of the murders in Keddie?

Others have suggested that because Marty did not mention the knives as murder weapons and that he did not refer to any stabbing, that his confession is inaccurate to the crime scene. My take on this is that he was attempting to protect Bo. Marty's confession was about alleviating his pain and stress; Sue was a "bitch" who needed to be taken care of for destroying his marriage. Bo was long-gone at this point, and Marty saw no need to bring his friend into it. I think Bo did the stabbing and the strangling. Justin's statements that he saw Bo standing over the body of Dana supports this view.

We've got Bo's full interview up in the case files forum; Marty's will be posted in full soon.

It's certainly true that people falsely confess. Henry's confession, if false, would make sense; he was being bullied and harassed by his fellow railroad workers. I just don't know what motivation Marty would have to falsely confess, unless to impress his therapist (who, as I've said before, saw genuine military action, whereas Marty did not...perhaps Marty wanted to swap what he viewed as stories of machismo. However, he did not know the therapist too well; they didn't meet that many times).
meankitty

Postby not sure » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:09 am

What changed your mind, Mk? Just curious...
not sure

Postby meankitty » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:00 pm

The fact that all three of them (Marty, Bo and Marilyn) talked about how the woodstove was burning that night. Our house had an insulation level equivelant to cabin 26, and it was warm enough we didn't need to use our woodstove for about 2 or 3 weeks before the murders happened. As warm as it was, no one would start a stove unless they needed to.
meankitty

Postby 7Scarlet » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:58 pm

The burning wood stove doesn't mean a lot to me, since different people respond to cold and heat differently. I am frozen all the time, and want the heat right up until it gets too unbearable. My Mom likes it what I consider freezing cold, and puts her AC on in March. To her it's perfect, to me it's shiver time.
'Confirmation Bias:' Find the evidence that supports your contention, and explain away or ignore that which doesn't.
7Scarlet

Postby Queenemily » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:55 am

I'm so sorry if this is on here already, but I did do a quick search and did not see it. Is this the same Justin?

http://fth.stparchive.com/Archive/FTH/F ... 011p03.php
Queenemily

Postby TinyDancer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:00 am

That article does show a photo of Justin, Marilyn's son. But you do have to answer some survey questions before the site will open the article for you.
TinyDancer

Postby Chichibcc » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Rick and Greg have done pretty well for themselves, also-they're both married now with families/kids of their own (according to Josh's book).

This is another reason I hope for the case to be solved-so that all three of them don't have to live with this sad, tragic chapter in their lives hanging over them forever...32 years is too long as it is.
Chichibcc

Postby Queenemily » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Oh, thanks so much! I will have to check out the book! So glad to hear that. God Bless that family. I know "closure" would not change what happened, but maybe give them some sort of peace. I do pray for them. I suppose that is all I can do. I hope they feel that there are people who are praying and rooting for them to have a wonderful life since they have already been dealt such an awful hand when they were so young. Some of the things I have read on here have been very hateful, in my opinion, and I just do not think they deserve that in any way. They were just babies, really. (I know they were not toddlers numerically, but emotionally, at such young ages, they were in no way equipped to deal with such a tragedy. Really, no one is, at any age.) Who on earth can say how anyone should handle such a thing? I am sending them all nothing but love and compassion, and I hope they live the rest of their lives as happy as they can be, and not tortured by memories or judgmental people. I wish I were more eloquent.
Thank you so much, Chi.
Queenemily

Postby dmac » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14 pm

These folks are not doing well, and there is no 'closure' for crimes such as murder. You hear it 200,000 per year via news shows, and each time it's a complete lie.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby LizzieB » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:35 pm

I don't want to speak for dmac, and I could be WAY off, but I would like to share something that may be useful.... I too, was hesitant to post due to dmac's aggressive style. However, I've had a chance to live chat with him a few times, and think I have a better handle on his personality than I had by just reading his posts. I found him to be very sarcastic, but as we all know, tone doesn't always come across in posts. His passion isn't directed so much towards the poster, as it is to the case itself. With this knowledge, reading his posts are 100% different for me. Where I mainly saw crassness and insensitivity before, I now can see the wit and humor. So, here's my advice.... try to read his posts as if he is a friend, sarcastically and passionately talking about his views. He rolls his eyes a lot. He's animated and talks with his hands. He is, usually, not attacking the poster. Just my opinion, anyway.
LizzieB

Postby Chichibcc » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:38 pm

dmac wrote:None of Sue's kids are remotely 'well'. Same goes for Justin. Wingates? Gimme a break. Pray all you want, but it's a flaccid wankfest in a wind storm.

You're right, I agree...bad choice of words in regards to describing the two surviving Sharp brothers in my earlier post. But still, they could've been even worse off than they are now...like in prison, or on the street, or drug addicts, given what they have gone through. Not to say they haven't struggled to go where they are, because they most certainly have (and still are).
Last edited by Chichibcc on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chichibcc

Postby Queenemily » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:23 pm

That is what I was asking, chi, so you did completely answer my question. I wanted to know if they were in prison, etc. I appreciate your time and the thoughtfulness (and thoroughness!) of your reply. I will look into getting the book. This forum is fascinating. Thanks for everyone taking their time to answer my questions and provide thir insight. It is obvious you guys have spent many, many hours here. It's hard to catch up on everyone's relationship and who the posters are.
Queenemily

Postby sarajean79 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:17 am

Im curious, does anyone know where Justin is now or has anyone tried to contact him since Josh?
sarajean79

Postby Princess » Wed May 14, 2014 9:48 am

Yes, I am friends with Justin. However, we all have to think abt what all he has been through in his life. I couldn't possibly imagine going through what he has. Not only witnessing the murders but having Loon as a mom and Marty as a step dad. I have much respect for Justin, he is a single dad raising his children and doing a damn good job. I do believe in time he will open up abt what he knows but it has to be on his time and when he is ready.
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Princess

Postby sunnyday » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Hard lives for all of them that were children when this happened. I can only hope they have the lives that they want and need now.
Tamara
No child's murder should go unsolved.
sunnyday

Return to just speculatin'