Creeps in the Area

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Creeps in the Area

Postby dmac » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:10 pm

This thread was accidentally deleted while cleaning up the forum. Here is the complete thread, in text version, presented intact in this single post:

========================================================================================
========================================================================================

not sure »
Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:59 am

Someone suggested I start this thread to talk about the various creeps and suspicious individuals in the area at the time of the murders. I know there are other threads that deal with the subject to an extent but they're all over the place. So I wanted to have a thread for just this subject.

I'm going to start it off by talking about a guy I knew when I was a child. I only saw him once or twice as an adult but each time he gave me the creeps. One time when I was about 6 or 7 he was visiting and when he looked at me I got the willies and ran to my big brothers. They told me to stay away from him because he was a bad man and not nice to kids. I believed them.

His name was Dick B. I say his name was because I just found out he died in 2010. Thank God. I bring this guy up now because I was reminded of the fact that several people in Keddie were on welfare and may have come in contact with this slime ball.

Dick worked for Northern California Legal Services. His office was in Quincy, but he resided in Oroville. His job was to act as liasion for welfare applicants who were either denied or in danger of losing their welfare benefits. His area of responsibility was the Feather River Canyon from Oroville to Quincy...Paxton, Keddie, Twain, etc. He supposedly held this job from the late 70s to early 90s.

Dick was a dick (appropriate, eh?) in a big way. He was a rapist who forced sex on the mothers he was assigned to help. He bullied them into it by threatening to sabotage their welfare cases and intimating he would have their children taken away from them. One woman who had been forced to have sex with him several times actually caught him molesting her son one evening in her home and kicked him out of her house. But she was too afraid of him to tell authorities. Instead, she moved out of his area and then told a friend who went to his boss. When the boss started asking around about him, the women in his office and the other offices told of the sexual harassment they had been enduring from him for years. He was fired...not for raping the welfare mothers and their children but for sexual harassment of co-workers. Never prosecuted.

Dick B was also confrontational. An acquaintance told me of the time he got into the face of a female child-advocate at a parent meeting, a meeting where she was presenting a program for parents and teachers on what to do if they ever suspected child sexual abuse. After the meeting, he followed her out to her car, got right in her face and shouted "how dare you tell people to turn parents in to authorities. Its none of their business what happens between a parent and a child". It was so scary the other parents had to surround him and lead him away so the woman could get into her car and leave. The acquaintance told me it was very bizarre and frightening. Btw, this confrontation happened several years before he was fired.

Btw, Dick and his wife were also foster parents in Concow, CA for many years. Yes, this man who molested a small boy in the mother's presence was a foster parent for many years. Sickens me.

For this message the author not sure has received thanks: 5
Ausgirl (Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:20 pm), bigsis (Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:26 pm), dmac (Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:31 pm), Eastern (Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:58 pm), meankitty (Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 pm)

Eastern »
Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Thank you for posting about him. There seems to be no lack of creepy people who abused their authority in the area. Very scary that he was a foster parent.

For this message the author Eastern has received thanks:
not sure (Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:24 pm)

meankitty »
Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Here is the name of another creep. Mike Archibald, who in 1982 got into trouble with lewd and lascivious conduct with a thirteen year old. And I can publish name because it is in the local paper archives.

For this message the author meankitty has received thanks: 3
Ausgirl (Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:20 pm), Eastern (Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:34 pm), not sure (Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:33 pm)

dmac »
Fri May 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Is "Dick B" Richard Bjork? This creep was a serial letter-to-the-editor writer to the Oroville Register, which is usually the territory of Dennis Rader-type scumbags who feel intellectually superior to all others, yet insecure enough to try to establish it in every ridiculous way available.

some letters
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
c28timeline AT gmail DOT com

For this message the author dmac has received thanks: 2
Eastern (Fri May 11, 2012 2:09 pm), not sure (Fri May 11, 2012 1:51 pm)

meankitty »
Fri May 11, 2012 2:12 pm

I believe it is Richard Bjork, and he sure doesn't need to remain anonymous, since he is a major creep. I'm very glad that I've never had to deal with him.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie facts