Question for Josh re Mysterious Tape

case files, articles, etc

Question for Josh re Mysterious Tape

Postby Ausgirl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi Josh -- whatever happened to that tape you put up an excerpt of briefly prior to Pt 2 coming out -- the one you described as some good ole boys talking.. where the guy threatens to shoot somebody?

It seems to have vanished utterly, and I'm really curious as to who that was talking on it, why it was recorded and why you thought it relevant to the case.

Is it something we can't know about?
Ausgirl

Re: Question for Josh re Mysterious Tape

Postby jhancock » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Sorry for the delayed reply to this!

On the tape, the informant discusses Henry Thompson's confession. The Chuck Walke/Henry Thompson thread refers to the informant a few times, I think.

What makes the tape so chilling is the informant himself, who threatens to shoot anyone (including the cop who was recording the conversation) responsible for leaking his name as the informant. A good part of the tape is inaudible, and there's nothing on it that we don't already know from Henry's confession as revealed in Part 2. I do have a copy of the tape still...maybe try to get a transcript up over the winter holiday... :)
jhancock

Postby Ausgirl » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:55 am

Reckon you could throw us Casey's interview as well? :mrgreen:

Plus the rest of that list of relevant peoples? Kinda waiting on it to finish up the thread header.

And can I have a pony?
Ausgirl

Postby not sure » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Bumping this to see if this transcript happened and I just missed it?

If not, Josh, is this something we can look forward to this summer maybe?
not sure

Postby Cheshire » Mon May 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Did this ever happen? There are a lot of threads here that end with unanswered (as far as I can tell) questions to Josh. Did he respond and then delete the answers later, or did he never respond at all?
Cheshire

Postby dmac » Mon May 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Josh usually didn't respond, and when he did it was most often half-truths, at best. Sound familiar?
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Cheshire » Mon May 26, 2014 4:39 pm

Okay, so maybe I've been a bit naive thinking that everyone here had the primary goal of seeing this case solved. If that's the case, there is no reason to withhold information (except in the rare instance when sharing might put someone in jeopardy)-- unless you see this as some kind of "who's going to solve it first" competition. In which case, karma..
Cheshire

Postby dmac » Mon May 26, 2014 5:58 pm

I think many names shouldn't be mentioned here, maybe making there way to search engines as related to these crimes. So many of the named have zero bearing on the case, and privacy vs disclosure/transparency is a difficult balance. First, we need the names to properly research angles of the case, yet so many names prove to have no connection. They often come up in official case files, which complicates the dilemma. I've tried to strike a balance by putting a lot of names only in scanned images, where search engines can't detect or index them. Other documents, like PoN, which are transcribed, I've moved to a section of the forum only full members may view. Search engines can't index those areas, either, which makes it a safer place for sensitive data.

Mine's not a perfect system, and I'd like suggestions for improvements, as I believe the case deserves to be solved, and it involves finding several unhappy or ugly truths along the way. We should do our damnedest to keep the privacy balance intact.

There are many names I've gathered info files on, but with so much hearsay (even from case files) and so little linking them to the case (yet, if ever), it would be a disservice to their privacy to post such work- research I've just admitted that, while intriguing, has proven to be meritless thus far. Even if it saves duplication of efforts by other members, I don't see the need to permanently post such details. There are better methods, such as the periodic chats we schedule, which are perfect opportunities to throw names and research around. Also, taking the topic offline via private chats, email, etc., is a great way to disseminate such info. As the work progresses, the information we're seeking is far more targeted and sensitive, so the way we discuss many related topics needs to reflect that.

I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant by your post, Chesh, but the implication was there and I pounced on it. However, to the general idea of sharing info instead of this being a contest (or, in Josh's case, a cottage/Cabin 28 industry), I'm up for it. After losing several gigs of data in my last computer failure, I've shared everything I've got (other than some of the more delicate CS/morgue photos) with several people on the forum. Ask them, they've had to wait hours while I transferred gigs of data to their puters.

Despite the troubling history of these various C28 forums, there are a few of us who actually want the case resolved, full stop.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Chichibcc » Mon May 26, 2014 6:25 pm

Cheshire wrote:Okay, so maybe I've been a bit naive thinking that everyone here had the primary goal of seeing this case solved.

You're not the only one-I used to think the same thing, especially when I first joined here. I never could have imagined then how much secrecy and ulterior motives have affected this case and those involved.
Chichibcc

Return to keddie files