Other Crimes We Follow

Re: Other Crimes We Follow

Postby somanyquestions » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:30 pm

Couldn't believe it when I read the one below about the MacDonald case...I thought I was wacko for feeling that case and the Keddie murders were similar...so glad I'm not alone! But there still could be a chance I am wacko because...guess what those three poor baby boys in W Memphis AR were murdered with...a hammer (among other speculated things). Also, total probability of the murder bring drug related, the Sharps lived in Mississippi at one time, I believe I read once that James Sharp was accused or convicted of a crime in South Missouri, and one of the three boys had a wound on the same leg as Sue Sharp did...with an unidentified pattern mark.
But, I am prolly wacko...
somanyquestions

Postby Princess » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:20 am

Your not wacko, but you are way way off. The murders were not done by a serial killer. We already know who did the murders. There is allot to this case and sometimes it can get very overwhelming. So just take your time and read through all the threads and you will start to understand. Dmac is good at explaining and breaking things down. I am good at just being blunt, lol.......Welcome......hopefully you will be able to help find something that we might of missed since you are new eyes looking at the case.

Here is a link with some tips abt researching the case: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=765

Here is a link that is for newbies to help them understand the case a little better: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1103&p=13779&hilit=newb*#p13779
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Princess

Postby somanyquestions » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Deborah! No, I didn't mean to insinuate it was a serial killer. I look forward to reading up on everything here...thanks again!

These users thanked the author somanyquestions for the post:
Princess (Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:02 am)
somanyquestions

Postby Roxy1481 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Ill have to read the entire thread here but some of the others I have researched ( not really followed as some are older than I am!) were the West Memphis 3 ( im from Arkansas ya'll of course I would be interested in this)
Zodiac ( yes yes i know)
Jack the Ripper ( ok i know im getting old school here)

But honestly, there are a few others that I read up on. Im an avid true crime tv addict and reader. I need to go back and read some of your posts on the subjects. I get super dedicated. Once upon a time i was going to school for criminal psychology and was going to apply for the FBI however life took a different path for me and so now I just play armchair detective ;) in all seriousness though- it hurts my heart to know that there are so many unsolved murders out there. And someone knows the answer to them!
Roxy1481

Postby Magnum PI » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm

The MacDonald case has always been an interesting case to me. Also the Darlie Routier case.
Magnum PI

Postby kmik » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:03 pm

I've been reading true crime for at least 28 years. Has anyone ever read "The boys on the tracks"? It is unbelievable how the mother of Kevin Ives has literally begged for justice only to have the very people who should protect and serve being the very people protecting only themselves. I cannot imagine having information on the murder of someone's child and keeping it to myself (especially having children of my own).
kmik

Postby dmac » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:01 pm

I remember that story from when it ran on Unsolved Mysteries, a couple years before I started doing editing on UM. It rings a lot of bells with this case: Corrupt cops, drugs trafficking, cops being the killers and/or protecting the other druggos who did it, railroad aspect, 40 years of coverups.

Yeah, it sounds a lot like Keddie and rural kowboy kops trafficking drugs and protecting murderers, instead of doing their sworn duty. There's so many reasons I call for stiffer penalties and mass executions for corrupt cops, corrupt public servants (up to and including Congress, the President, CIA, NSA, etc). Any corrupt asshat like that shouldn't be protected; they should be convicted and summarily executed.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby bbragg » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:35 am

Has anyone ever read about the mad butcher case .it happened in wv.in the early 1960's.7men came up missing.my brother was one of them.they found his body cut up in 13 pieces and thrown over a hill .they say it was covered up .because his family was in politics.think his grandfather had a town named after him .the town of Montgomery,wv.some people say it was a man named Hugh Montgomery.his family owned the montgumery hospital.i heard that every where he had lived taxes and Ohio and even more,they would find. Torsos

These users thanked the author bbragg for the post (total 2):
sadie sims (Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:32 pm) • kmik (Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:24 pm)
bbragg

Postby tashaannbaker » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:41 pm

I find this one pretty fascinating

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Wetterling
tashaannbaker

Postby dmac » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:24 am

bbragg, was your brother Mike Rogers or Shirley Arthur? Are you any relation to George or Melody?
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby bbragg » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:37 am

my brother was mike rogers ,he was found cut up in 13 pieces,i also knew Sammy smith they never found his body.the man that was a supect.lived in a lot of different states.they found torsos in almost every state he lived in.i am not related to meline or George bragg
bbragg

Postby dmac » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:40 am

thx for pointing out the name of the case, it allowed me to find it as an outsider and read up a bit. Info is scant, and I don't know much, but it's clear it's more than just one whacko. The few cases tied together don't add up to much, other than the the vague geographical area and time frame. Are you familiar with how one landlord and his diner tie into so many names (Mike worked for him at the diner), yet that entire angle is never called into question?

From what I could find, of the "Seven", there are subgroups within that tie to each other, but not to other subgroups. And who was found, in pieces, near Haynes' dog tags, nailed to a tree? LE are pretty clear William Lundy Trump, James Paul Cozort, James Floyd Cox, and others are responsible for murdering Sgt. Haynes, so what are the chances the remains of another military man, Shirley Gene Arthur, are those found so close to an unrelated murder?

I don't buy much of what I've read on the case, and I certainly don't hold much stock in the work of LE or the local press of that era. If the circumstances surrounding these and other deaths are remotely true, my initial deduction is many of these deaths are unrelated to each other, and certainly not enough to resort to purple prose: "The Mad Butcher of Oak Hill."
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby bbragg » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:22 pm

it was called the mad butcher of wv.the 2 men that owned the restaurant called the 4 minute where investiated and it was not them.i knew one of them .he was a very nice man he was from grease.the word was that the man that done the murders was the grandson of the man that the town of Montgomery,wv was named for.he had two uncles in the wv senate.his family owned the Montgomery hospital.it is know called the larid memorial.a while back we had a sheriff of Fayette co.named wiiiam larid.the sheriff was married in to the Montgomery family.mike was hung up by the ankles and cut up like a hog.the police said it was done by a surgent or a butch.it was all in the Fayette tribune news paper.i know how Sheila must feel.i was 13 when this happened .that is why I am always reading about unsolved murders.
bbragg

Postby Chichibcc » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:10 pm

BBrag, I am so very sorry for your loss....I couldn't even begin to imagine going through something so tragic at that age.

It's eerie how similar your brother's case is to Keddie, regarding all the covering-up involved, and knowing "people in high places."
Chichibcc

Postby somanyquestions » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:28 pm

The Rebecca Zahau / Max Shacknai (murder suicide?) case is maddening.
somanyquestions

Postby toadie » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:05 am

[quote="renosmom"]I too have an interest in serial killers. I recently saw a documentary on the "Original Night Stalker" (same as East Area Rapist)and thought there might even be a connection with this location as timing and location may have been a fit - I think someone also mentioned EAR-ONS in one of the threads and determined that it was not a viable lead. I don't have a ton of free time but I am planning to get to know this case (and continue with the Keddie case) as much as I can.

I believe I know who the killer is in this case, his name is Mark Soto
toadie

Postby toadie » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:07 am

I have followed the BTK case even though he was caught like 11 years ago, it's always interested me since I live near the town he was murdering in and around.

I follow the WM3 case which is very interesting in the least, that one and this one in Keddie intigue me the most..
and most recently The Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey case from the netflix documentary Making a Murderer.
I also have done research on Jon Bonet Ramsey, and Scott Peterson....

These users thanked the author toadie for the post:
lynabus (Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:45 pm)
toadie

Previous

Return to other sites & off-topic threads