810414 Marty's DOJ 'Interview'- complete transcript

case files, articles, etc

Re: Marty's interview with DOJ - complete transcript

Postby dmac » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Marty and Bo both tried to steer the interviews, Marty more blatantly and with even worse choices of how to do so than his partner in murder. In doing so, he brings up being in the cabin, Justin seeing him there, his own hammer missing, wishing he'd both had his hatchet and done the murders differently, and that he used the back bridge to get rid of Tina, among many other alarming things. Marty was the erratic one needing a ticket to the bounce house, yet he and Bo both proved Justin saw them in the act while trying to discredit him.

They needn't have bothered, since DT and the Crim Twins were already busy discrediting all the surviving kids, victimizing them yet again.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Marty's interview with DOJ - complete transcript

Postby LizzieB » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Just a few of many excerpts that stood out to me:

"Uh, before they realized who it was, we entertained the thought that maybe it was Dana that did it? Because he is suppose to be mentally disturbed. Both of the boys were experimenting with drugs. This is a known fact." (Marty's interview w/DOJ)

It was never a question that Dana was one of the victims. Justin went home with that knowledge. I think that this was a thought Marty entertained before going back to stage the scene. Even Bo has a similar statement in his interview:

"Martin and I have talked and ah, when Marilyn first mentioned it, when we heard the news, she was under the impression that this boy Dana, one of the victims I imagine, I guess, ah, had done it because he was supposed to be a little short upstairs..." (Bo's interview w/DOJ)

After attempting to move Dana proved to be too hard, the new plan was to set the scene as if Tina's father had taken her.

"I was thinking, ok, I know this girl is the father's favorite kid. Who I've never met. This is what I've heard from a few conversations, that he is supposed to been in Connecticut, so they said. Well maybe the father, maybe the boys tried to stop him, so he had to take them out too because or maybe the boys walked in on something. And he took them out because of that." (Marty's Interview w/DOJ)

"...and then she found out he wasn't involved, she thought the husband, because the husband was supposed to be very very jealous an ah, that was the only thing that ah, that she was thinking..." (Bo's Interview w/DOJ)

I believe that the reason their bodies were moved and more damage done to them postmortem, was to cover and account for Tina's blood stains. Her shoes, jacket and possibly school project was taken to insinuate she left the cabin alive, being the 'father's favorite kid'.
LizzieB

Re: 810414 Marty's DOJ 'Interview'- complete transcript

Postby somanyquestions » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:48 am

I'm new to this site, but have been reading tons about this case lately. For some reason, my mind keeps thinking maybe there was another victim there...to which I shake my head and say..."silliness".
However, this portion of the interview here on this thread...could someone help me figure out what the "name slip" may be all about?

"Smartt: It had to have been around 10 or l0:30. I was still in bed, I'm a deadhead. The reason I know about it, is he came in, somebody, you know, uh, Sue and Mickey, er Sue"
somanyquestions

Postby Princess » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:34 am

In that part of the interview is when Crim or Bradley were asking him what happened when Justin walked in the door. Basically, Justin was saying that Sue and all of them were dead.

Now a thing that stands out in this interview that I think is very concerning is:

http://www.keddie28.com/bb/download/fil ... &mode=view

Read the part that is circled. Basically Marty is telling on himself. But yet they let him go and never called him back for questioning on that statement alone. Shows how badly LE mishandled and covered this case up.

Marty and Sheriff Doug Thomas were great pals. When I spoke to Thomas he told me how he and Marty would ride around together while he gave Marty marriage counseling. Now tell me were in the hell does that happen? I didn't know that when you went to the Police Academy you were trained in marriage counseling too, lol..........There is allot to absorb on this case but if you have any questions always feel free to ask. Oh, I also forgot that Sheriff Doug Thomas was a hypnotize expert too........

The most important thing I forgot to mention is that exactly 90 days later Doug Thomas was hired with Department of Justice.
Last edited by Princess on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Princess

Postby dmac » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:38 am

If you read that portion of the interview a few times, I think your question answers itself: Marty was 'playing stupid'. Search the entire interview for the number of times he mentions the victims:

Dana, twice.
Sue, three times, twice back-to-back in the line you quoted.
Johnny, once, in the line you quoted.
Tina- NEVER.

He tries to throw Dana under the bus twice,
    offering him on a platter as the cause/reason for the murders: He says Dana was "mentally disturbed" and Marty claims he "entertained the thought" Dana was the killer. Then, a few lines later, Marty says "This is the thing now. One boy, some son and a son Dana have to get drugs somewhere. This is only logical right?" ('Son of a Son' is his polite way of saying 'son of a bitch'). He tries to tie the murders to a drug rip-off, that "the boys" were into 'heavy shit'.
He mentions Sue only twice...
    he says her name, back-to-back, when asked when he heard about the murders. Later, when talking about the hammer, he says "...why the overkill? I'd like to see the hammer. I‘ve been in Sue's house. The only hammer I ever knew that come out of there was a wooden-handIed one."

A very curious thing. He's admitting he's been in the cabin and is very familiar with the Smartt's hammer. He specifically says "come out of there" when, in fact, two hammers were used in the murder and only ONE hammer "came out" of the cabin: The one the killers brought. The Sharp's hammer was left behind, posed on a table. The hammer wounds detailed in the autopsies indicate two sizes of hammers were used, unless the autopsy is intentionally vague or is incorrect. The fact the killers DEFINITELY brought a kill-kit to the scene bolsters the belief that Marty is mentioning all of this BS about the hammer so he can shrug off the next whopper: "Ah, my hammer, it always layed outside the door. I've searched and I haven't found it." MARTY'S HAMMER IS SUDDENLY MISSING!
He only mentions Johnny once, again when detailing when he first heard of the crime.
He NEVER mentions Tina.
    Despite later confessing to murdering both Sue and Tina, he never mentions her name here.
Look again at the statement you've highlighted:

"The reason I know about it, is he came in, somebody, you know, uh, Sue and Mickey, er Sue
    and Johnny had been killed, murdered."
Marty's trying to play down who he knows and what he knows. There weren't many Michaels floating around to confuse with Johnny. He had five kids of his own, plus three of Mariloon's, and none of them were Mikes. Not many Mikes in Keddie, period, that I'm aware of. Mike Albin was 19 at the time, a recent grad and football player. Not gonna confuse him with 5-foot, 120 pounds soaking-wet Johnny. That leaves Frank "Mike" Davis, Dee's chauffer and Garedakis' bassackwards alibi.

I think Marty was simply trying to play down how well he knew the victims he'd murdered. As with everything else, he failed miserably. Consider how he completes the statement you've singled out:

"[Justin] said, I'm not kidding man, look out the window. And sure enough, there was police all over the place. And he started in with the details and I stopped him because I got an eight year old son there."
I've been in Marty's cabin, #26. There were two windows in his bedroom. The front window faced 90 degrees away from Cabin 28 and any police activity. From that window, you could see trees, and the playhouse Tina played in. The other window pointed DIRECTLY at Cabin 28, but there was one small problem: Cabin 25 is DIRECTLY in the way, making it IMPOSSIBLE to see anything Marty described.

Not only is Marty lying in all of the above instances, there is every chance that the morning conversation with Justin never happened. There is plenty of anecdotal and circumstantial evidence suggesting Marty and Bo disappeared after the murders and were not seen again until mid-morning Sunday.

As for Deb's comment about Sylvester Doug Thomas taking a job with the CA-DOJ, she forgot to mention something very important: That job was INVENTED by CA-DOJ Harry Bradley and the father of PCSO's DeCrona. Bradley is one of the main DOJ pig scum who are criminally responsible for derailing this case. Bradley not only lies about his involvement with the program Thomas conveniently went on to head 90 days after the murders, he flat-out lies about ever being a member of the CA-DOJ! DeCrona, on the other hand, has lied about who he is, where he comes from, who his family really is, and his father's pull at the CA-DOJ.
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Martin is dead

Postby JohnTate90210 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Part of that quote is particularly interesting: "You go in and you do what has to be done. Make sure the job is done right, and get goin."

If you take that to be a true description of the crime, then it indicates a motive or necessity for the murders. Not just some random killing, drug deal or rape. It was something that had to be done. But if it had to be done, wouldn't there have been a better choice of weapons?

If Marty knew his son was present, then why commit the murders that night? Why even let his son sleep over that night, if he knew about "the job" in advance? If he knew his son was present, what was so time sensitive about that night?

As for letting his son live, that wouldn't be a surprise, but there were the two other boys who could have heard something, such as a name. It would seem a huge gamble to let them live if there was anything they could have heard.
JohnTate90210

Postby somanyquestions » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:07 pm

JohnTate:

"If Marty knew his son was present, then why commit the murders that night? Why even let his son sleep over that night, if he knew about "the job" in advance? If he knew his son was present, what was so time sensitive about that night?
As for letting his son live, that wouldn't be a surprise, but there were the two other boys who could have heard something, such as a name. It would seem a huge gamble to let them live if there was anything they could have heard."
-------

On the whole, I agree...I think the boy(s) being there does lead away from the idea of Marty being the perp...especially because the whole deal does indeed seem premeditated to me. Perhaps though, having his step-son there was initially the plan so that Marty could make that very claim should he ever be suspected. You know, "Why in the Hell would I have done this horrible thing with my kid in the cabin?" kinda defense. However, he prolly thought he'd be able to successfully prevent the boy from getting out of the next room to see what was going down.
somanyquestions

Postby dmac » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:53 pm

Bradley: But the first time you left at 1:00, how did you go home, what direction did you take?

Smartt: Up around the lodge, then straight up the road. The same way all three times.

Bradley: So you walked right past the

Smartt: Right past the fence.

Bradley: The victims house?

Smartt: Uh huh.

Smartt: So, she went over to find out, you know, what she could. And I went over and told Doug basically what I told you, you know. I went by twice, and it was well three times, actually four times in the process of the night, and I hadn't noticed anything out of place.

All THREE times? I know Gotbier caught that snippet, but let's look again: Bo and Marty went to the bar only twice that we know of, Loon only once, just as the killers claim in the Loonibi. They would have passed 28 the same route either BOTH TIMES or ALL FOUR TIMES. Either way, as McClish noticed, Marty is confirming they deviated from the route home- at least once.

On the topic of taking Tina out, we know Marty's confession states he killed both Sue and Tina, with Sue as the target and Tina (and boys) as collateral damage. He also states Tina was 'incapacitated' at the time of removal. 'Dead' fits that description. The assault began in the bedroom, and with the amount of violence & blood in that room, there's zero reason to think Tina possibly slept through the initial assault on Sue, much less the ensuing onslaught. No damned way. In fact, Justin's account that Tina came out of the bedroom near the end of the murders, blankie in hand, and ran out the back door, lines up with all his other 'public' LE accounts of the murders on record: word for word BS.

Smartt: If he'd walked in, how could he carry that girl out, without her raisin all kinds of hell unless She was unconscious, and which way would he have went, the bridge across the creek down here is locked

Bradley: It is at night?

Smartt: It's locked period. I don't know why but there's no way you could have crossed that bridge and got on the other side of the creek.

Crim: What's that, a swinging bridge or something?

Smartt: Yah, ah, this road here, hell, if you're goin out this way, and unless he was in a vehicle, it would have been surely noticed, that leaves only one point of exit and that's the railroad track. Ah, then you're still in awe, there's a lot of big dogs and stuff up in there that would have raised hell, stranger goin by

Marty's not a stranger.

▼▼▼▼

Locked bridge?

Marty, during his Crimley interview, claimed he would have removed Tina from KEddie the only way he thought best: the swinging bridge at Keddie Flats. He also claimed that couldn't be done because the bridge was locked. He was clearly lying:

Quoting Loon:

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:14 am Post subject: off topic
    Yes; the bridge was pretty "rickity" back then. When I found out Lori used to cross that bridge all the time to visit whoever on the other side, I was a bit concerned. I will speak to Lori about it for more info about who lived on the other side, if she remembers.

Quoting Persons of Note:

In bar 4/11/81 @ 0030 - 0200, walked home & no dogs barked

Hensel, Lisa- In bar 4/11/81 @ 2330 - ?, left w/ Doug Gleason, knows person who heard Martin Smartt say he would kill someone if things didn't get straightened out

Lisa parked her car at the lodge, and if she stayed the night with GLeason, she walked with him down to the flats, and crossed the bridge. In the morning, she'd have to return the same way to retrieve her car. Seeing as she worked at the newspaper, she must have left Keddie before the murders were discovered. Otherwise, she sure wasn't good at her job:

Person contacted Lisa Hensel, Green Mountain Gazette

On 4-14-81 I talked to Hensel. Hensel said a person contacted her, who did not want to be identified unless necessary. Hensel said the person told her the following: The person said they knew a man named Martin that lived in Keddie near the Sharp residence. This Martin was recently in a mental hospital in Reno. On Saturday (unknown if 4-11-81 or 4-4-81) Martin called this person and said if he didn't get things straightened out, he might kill someone. This person further described Martin as follows: Used to cook at Keddie and has a friend he met in the mental hospital.

More on Lisa Hensel and Gleason here.

There's also ample anecdotal evidence the kids of Keddie used the area of the river as a swimming hole right where the swinging bridge is located. They also used the bridge to access both sides of the river.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Marty told Crimley he would have preferred to use his hatchet and, gosh! he knew that his hammer had gone missing sometime between the murders and the interview-

► Marty was very busy all day Sunday, up and gone to Reno (read: dumping Tina at Camp 18) and then back at the Meeks where, according to Nina, he stayed until the early morning hours of Monday. Still, he and Bo managed to show up TOGETHER AND ON TIME for back-to-back faked interviews with Crimley on Tuesday. During the brief and hectic hours between the murders and his interview at 1125 am Tuesday (actually, Marty makes clear his interview happened MONDAY- read on to see how), exactly when did Marty think to look for his hammer, and subsequently have the opportunity to discover it actually was missing? Keep in mind, he specifically said "I haven't noticed it layin about". So he just realized his hammer MAY BE missing? His language says he knows it's gone, but only because he hasn't 'noticed it about'!

► Cabin 26 was searched several times. Did LE find the hatchet? Did they not find a hammer?

Crim: Did he, at any time during his behavior or anything, try to recreate that crime or anything?

Smartt: Yes, yes he has. He tried to recreate it with his little brother, yesterday over there, and uh, the wife watched him. watched him go through it. And he‘s telling Casey, you know, to hold his arm like he had a knife trying to stab it. But from what I understand, the people were killed with a hammer, after that they were stabbed, so I get the feeling there that he was just, you know, play-acting his little creation. It seems unusual that he knew so much about the condition of inside of the house and he was suppose to have been asleep, you know?

Let's McClish the hell out of this critically important, and overlooked, paragraph:

"the wife watched him" Marty's words explain the only person who saw Justin act out is Loon. Not Bo, not Marty- and, for that matter, not even Casey watched it. This backs up the idea the 'play-acting' is a Loonibi fabrication to explain away the killers' (MMB) knowledge that Justin saw the murders, and to explain away what he might say he witnessed.

"watched him go through it" is a phrase used to describe seeing someone experience something awful, not someone play-acting. It sounds to me as if Marty is saying Loon was also in 28, watching Justin witness the murders.

"trying to stab it" "IT" is an object, not a living thing. 'It' is a corpse. I deduced long ago that most of the stab wounds appear to be postmortem staging. Is this Marty also saying Justin was forced to do something with a knife during the staging so the killers could say he was involved, and hold that over his head as part of the threats they made against the surviving boys?

"from what I understand, the people were killed with a hammer" Marty is saying he knows EXACTLY how the crimes and staging went down, but does NOT say Justin told him- or told anyone else. Marty is saying he knows about the murders, but not from Jusin. In the real world, if Justin saw anyone from 26 inside 28 during the crimes, Justin would not tell any of this to MMB. Nor would Justin do any of the nonsensical 'play-acting' scenario- it's 100% Loonibi BS.

"after that they were stabbed" Marty is actually confirming what I've been saying for years, based on deductions from photos and reports: the victims were killed by hammer (& strangulation to Dana), but the knife came into play afterwards- during the STAGING process.

"I get the feeling there that he was just, you know, play-acting his little creation" Marty just confirmed exactly how the murders and staging went down, yet immediately says his knowledge of the physical truth is purely coincidental to Justin's 'creation', his fantasy lie? How would anyone other than a participant or witness know the particulars about how and when hammers and knives were used? More importantly, if MMB weren't involved, why didn't all of them yell to LE, "Justin told us! Justin told us! Here's what he saw! They were murdered, then the scene was staged!"

"It seems unusual that he knew so much about the condition of inside of the house and he was suppose to have been asleep, you know?" No, it only seems unusual you and others got away with so many terrible lies, for so long, with the help of corrupt LE's own coverup. Oh, yeah- them dirty cops sure ignored the obvious, didn't they? Nothing like having dirty cop friends and allies HELP you get away with murder!

NOTE: It's long been debated exactly WHEN the interviews took place. I waffle between Monday the 13th and Tuesday the 14th. Supposedly, there is something that says it was on the 14th. However, note how Crimley explicitly note the time on each interview, but NOT the date? Since when is that acceptable SOP? Of all the transcriptions and other documents relating to these 'interviews', not a single one of them mentions the date. Not one.

According to Loon's account of the events, the "play-acting" happened on Sunday. According to many people, Loon and her boys moved into the Meeks house that Sunday. According to Loon and others, the boys never returned; Loon did to retrieve some things, but that's it. The entire play-acting scenaio is BS, but it's right there in the Loonibi as happening the ONLY TIME IT COULD HAVE IN THE REAL CHAIN OF EVENTS: Sunday morning, April 12, 1981.

Crim: Did he, at any time during his behavior or anything, try to recreate that crime or anything?

Smartt: Yes, yes he has. He tried to recreate it with his little brother, yesterday over there, and uh, the wife watched him.

It's a long-established fact the "trip to Reno" happened on Sunday, April 12:
Smartt: I was gone all day yesterday, was in Reno

Marty twice states, quite clearly, this interview occurred Monday, April 13.

▼▼▼▼

Other things I'm noticing:

Read the lead-up comment just prior to the first exchange in this post :

"Bradley: Our problem now, is sorting out fact from fiction with all the kids. You know, the kids his age.

Crim: Very difficult to talk to kids.

Bradley: And they talk to each other, and they hear something and christ, before you can finish, you don't know if they are imagining half the things, or they have actually seen something or if they are talking about something they heard. And there is a pack of kids around this place."

Bradley says the kids are liars who imagine all kinds of looney stuff and gossip and can't keep facts straight. Kids Justin's age? 12? At 13 I was a Sterling Scholar working professionally in radio. Bradley was already calling Justin a liar, setting up Marty's reply to the next Q. Shortly thereafter, Crim asks another leading Q, offering that Justin had the opportunity to see things through the open front door later Sunday, due to lax security, witnessing things that would explain away his knowledge of the crime scene. Marty is too stupid to pick up on it, saying LE presence had the crime scene clamped down! That's how STUPID, shallow, and obvious this sham interview is!

Crim: Did you observe [Justin] in a position the following morning over around the Seabolts where if the deputies had left the door opened for a moment or two that he could have looked in there and seen the female?

Smartt: No. The security over there was so tight, that it was just...

Crim: What do you mean?

Smartt: No way could he have accidentally glimpsed in and seen anything because the security was really tightened down at the time. Uh, these are some of the things, you know, I wonder about. You know, whether or not he did see anything.

More odd comments:

"Smartt: It's overkill, you know. I know if I was going to kill somebody, I'd go in, blam, blam, blam and get going."

We know an air rifle was used in the crime. Is Marty saying a lethal gun was also in play?

"BO: Well, ya know, he was, ah, darn ya know, you lost 3 good customers we come in all the time and my goodness you shouldn't do this here and your wife came in and said she's running it and this is not so. So ah, I just thought we should go back and apologize."

"Smartt: Well, I called the guy at the bar and told him, I said you just lost several customers over lettin somebody switch the music"

"Smartt: Few Keddie residents that just frequent the bar, they come, you know, like I do, once in a blue moon. If the car had been running we would have went to town."

Great customers who come in there all the time (once in a blue moon) and they would have gone to Quincy instead IF THE CAR WAS RUNNING (they had Dee's car!)

"Smartt: I went to bed about ten after two."
    "Smartt: Then I went to bed and woke up again around 3:00, stoke the fire."

In bed by 210, up to stoke the fire at 3? Really?!

In this exchange, Bradley The DOJ Mafia Man is implying it was a drug hit, and schooling Marty on how they go down:

"Bradley: If they were into heavy drugs, I don't know, it would be bean or something like that, it could be a drug related rip off, I don't know.

Smartt: This is the thing now. One boy, some son and a son Dana have to get drugs somewhere. This is only logical right?

Bradley: But they use a gun.

Smartt: Ah, I'd entertained that thought. With a hit, because they O'd ya know, ah, but then why the overkill?

Bradley: Yeah."

One air rifle was in play and, as Marty implied, maybe a bigger gun was available to "blam, blam, blam" instead of knives and hammers and "all the overkill".

NOTE- the original transcript is error-filled, and the word 'bean' is actually spelled that way on the original. According to the web, 'bean' is short for any capsule drug, and 'beam' is short for coke. I'm not familiar with either term, or when they came into use. 'Bean' is probably short for 'jeallybean', an old term I know of from Jack Webb's hilarious Dragnet, and it has the same meaning- any illicit drug in pill/capsule form. 'Bean' could also be a typo or misinterpretation.

This comes from the very beginning of the interview with Marty:
Bradley: At least you know something bad happened, what we want to do, we've been interviewing people throughout the resort, especially those of the kids were pals. The kids were there and everything else. And we understood from the Sheriff that you and John, come down, your wife come down to the bar, close proximity where this thing occurred, so
we'd just kind of like to go over those events with you.

Smartt: O.K.

Bradley: The times and what you saw and what you heard and that type of thing. The reason we asked John, cause sometimes if you hear him, that will put an idea in your head, you know.

Smartt: Right, I realize that.

The transcription is written, "if you hear HIM". I'm certain Bradley said "'em", as in "when you hear them", since it's the only thing that makes sense in the context it's said.

The important bit here is Bradley is saying they'd already interviewed John (Boubede). In that interview, Bo is always called "John". That interview commenced at 10:27 am and, after many restarts, finally ended around 11:20 am. Marty's interview began at 11:25 am. As shown in the last post, Marty clearly indicates several times that the interview is taking place on Monday, April 13, 1981. Therefore, on Monday, Bo was 'interviewed' first. Then, with barely time to switch seats, the sham with Marty begins.

Any and all claims that Marty and Bo were interviewed on any other day are now proved false. This also means Marty had 24 fewer hours to figure out he 'hadn't seen his hammer layin' about'.

It also means Wade (and Gruebert?) played Taxi for Bo a day earlier than thought, giving him the ride to catch the bus on Monday night, not Tuesday. Bo was Out Of Dodge one day after he murdered four.

...now I have about 20 threads, files, and timelines to update...
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

HOLY CRAP- A CONFESSION!

Postby dmac » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:22 pm

I just realized what Marty is really saying- Read this, the case is blown out of the water. I fixed the transcription so words and punctuation are accurate to the conversation. [my edits in brackets]:

Crim: Did [Justin], at any time, during his behavior or anything, try to recreate that crime or anything?

Smartt: Yes, yes he has. He tried to recreate it with his little brother, yesterday over there [at our cabin], and uh, the wife watched him. Watched him go through it. And he‘s telling Casey, you know, to hold his arm like [Casey] had a knife trying to stab it. But from what I understand, the people were killed with a hammer. After [they were dead], they were stabbed. So I get the feeling [Justin] was just, you know, play-acting his little creation. It seems unusual that [Justin] knew so much about the condition inside of the house, and he was supposed to have been asleep, you know?

MARTY IS STATING JUSTIN'S VERSION OF THE MURDERS IS WRONG, AND OUT OF SEQUENCE WITH THE FACTS.
Justin is a key eyewitness to the crimes, yet Marty is telling cops that MARTY KNOWS MORE THAN JUSTIN. Marty is CORRECTING Justin-- "Justin was acting out that the victims had their arms free and were fending off knives. Bullshit. We tied them up, killed them with hammers, and then used knives on the corpses during STAGING. Justin's such a liar to say the victims were fending off knives! Don't trust him. I know more than he does, because I WAS THERE."

That entire statement is Marty saying MARTY KNEW HOW THE MURDERS WENT DOWN, and if Justin says otherwise it's because Justin DOESN'T KNOW. It also implies Marty already knew what Justin had told LE, and the Crimley 'interview' was a ploy to explain away, to disengage from Justin's knowledge of the crime scene. Look at Crimley's heavy fixation on what Justin saw and how Crimley tried to discredit any kids before Marty ever spoke, how Crimley tried to say LE was so lax Justin's knowledge came from peaking through a door left open by cops. Cops! LE tried to even blame LE for Justin knowing less than Marty did about the murders.

Crimley admit they met with Bo (and Marty) at 26 before walking together to the lodge for the interview, yet also lie on tape about never having met Marty- who was ten feet away at the time, waiting for his chance to ride the Crimley Elecric Fayre. The entire Crimely setup is a sham, an excuse to let the killers go and blame the victims.

Marty was trying to discredit what Justin had ALREADY SAID, and in doing so incriminated himself and others by saying he (Marty) knows more about the murders than Justin. How can Marty discredit the key eyewitness? By being the killer.

Marty as much as ADMITTED he was one of the killers.

Not only that, we must eat decades of crow for ever accusing Justin of not being truthful, when everyone he was supposed to trust- including PCSO and DOJ- used and abused him.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:55 pm

I must BACKPEDAL FIERCELY from my assertion that Marty indicating he was "in Reno all day yesterday" means Bo and Marty were interviewed by Crimley on Monday, April 13.

While they certainly still could have been interviewed on April 13, instead of the 14th, Marty also had weekly appointments in Reno with his counselor. These appointments began before the murders (upon his release from the VA psych ward), and continued until Marty and Bo fled their love nest at the Arcade Hotel in Klamath Falls. In 2010, I timelined when they probably occurred and what he said at each visit, according to the therapist's account. I even said, at that time, his appointments were probably held on Monday or Tuesday.

While Marty may still have been indicating "yesterday" was really Sunday, he also could have been to an appointment in Reno on Monday and been far more truthful by saying the same thing on Tuesday.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:06 pm

Seeing as the article mentions "a hammer" has been located, let's please renew interest in discussions that are finally publicly bearing fruit.

Please read my wandering thoughts in this single thread, and keep in mind I do believe the Crimely interviews actually took place on Tuesday (explained in the post immediately above). I didn't word it very clearly, but there it still is.

Many threads mention Marty's second hammer, or premed, or both types of tape (medical and audio). Please find them, read, contribute. Mention today's article to renew discussion on topics once believed stupid, fallacy, incongruous, illegitimate.

That one news article blows the lid off a boiling volcano of work already mapped out on this forum. We're talking decades of lies, premed, knowledge by LE that the crime was focused and that killers brought a kill kit. Congratulations to all who've improved our focus, resolve, bearings, and results.

And a big 'Congrats' and 'Thank Yous' to Sheriff Hagwood and Detective Gamberg. We've been shouting ourselves hoarse for years. It's amazing what change receptive ears allow.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby lynabus » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Yes! This is the post I was refreshing with when I posted a reply in the thread of
the newly discovered hammer. Thanks...dmac
lynabus

Postby mercy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:43 am

Interesting stuff to go over again now that we have the amazing news about the hammer and the anonymous phone call in '84!

Quick question -- were these transcripts typed up by someone in LE in 1981? Or done later? I can't see the images attached to the post but the ones on the post with Bo's transcript look old, so I assume they're contemporary with the crimes.

I'm a transcriptionist, and I notice the scanned pages I've read appear to be typed by someone who wasn't trained specifically in transcription. My mother was a secretary in the 1960s and 1970s, and I went into what was called "word processing" in the 1990s, and I know secretaries were often given tapes to transcribe when they hadn't actually trained in it. It probably sounds silly but it's true, if you don't have a trained ear you won't catch a lot of what's said. What I transcribed back when I was just a word processor was far inferior to work I did after I took a couple classes on it.

For example, dmac quoted Bo's transcript, which has him giving a time range of "9:30 - 10:00" and what I see is that the way it's typed is vague. The dash implies he said something in between those two times, like "to" or "or", but it wasn't transcribed because the typist was just trying to get the *gist* of the sentence rather than the actual, accurate, every-syllable-spoken *truth* of what's said.

Then Bradley follows up and says "9:30 or 10:00," and you can't be really sure if he's interpreting what was said or actually repeating it.

I'm not sure what I'm saying is much help and it probably sounds nitpicky, but tone and phrasing is so important in these things, so the sloppiness frustrates me. I presume these tapes are missing like so many others are, but maybe the discovery of the phone call tape means more tapes will be found. I'd love to get a new, fresh transcription of the interviews, listen to those things myself.
mercy

Postby dmac » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:06 pm

You're dead on about the inaccuracies of the transcriptions. I've seen it time and time again, and it's maddening. It's just as infuriating as reading reports that don't clearly state the obvious, much less shed true light on the topic by including logical information surrounding the topic. Then it goes to the NEXT level, when you read other reports or timelines that further damage the 'truth' by misquoting, taking things out of context, or completely misunderstanding the meaning of the original material.

As for when it was typed, I can't say. I had the original document, and it appears to be typed by LE near the time of the interview. My logic behind that is on page one, where the very first quotes are credited to Bradley, then removed and typed over with 'Crim'. This tells me someone familiar with the tape and voices was there to say, "No, that voice is Crim. That voice is Bradley, and the other twat is Marty. And don't type anything by that fourth voice, because that's Bo coaching everyone on what to say"

I hope my guess makes sense.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:39 am

On Nov 14, 2014, Princess wrote:Marty and Sheriff Doug Thomas were great pals. When I spoke to Thomas he told me how he and Marty would ride around together while he gave Marty marriage counseling. Now tell me were in the hell does that happen? I didn't know that when you went to the Police Academy you were trained in marriage counseling too, lol

In Marty Smartt's confession, Marty claimed to be good friends with the Plumas sheriff, Doug Thomas. He also stated that, during one rough patch in his marriage, not only was Thomas providing counseling, but shelter. It's been established that the tenants prior to the Sharps in 28 was the sheriff and his new wife, so it would make perfect sense that Marty crashed in what would become Johnny's basement room, to be out of DT's and his new wife's way. If true, it implies Marty and DT had to have established this friendship long before the Sharps moved into 28 in November of 1980. The first known instance of Marty being in proximity of Plumas or DT is the summer of 1980, when he and Marilyn and kids moved from Burney to Keddie to accept the cook position at the Keddie Diner. No matter how you want to fry this fish, how did Marty and Loon, drug dealers, move to Keddie in the summer of 80 and so quickly become such dear friends of a drug-pushing sheriff that Marty and DT, as per Doug's 2014 memory, spent countless hours driving around in his patrol car?! It's important to note that when Princess spoke to DT in 2014, Slyvester admitted to the friendship, countless hours of driving around, and how Marty and Loon lucked out to have him as a dear friend since he gave them big dollars worth of free marriage counseling and advice, but he denied letting Marty live with him.

Speaking of denials, in the eleventh hour of putting the magazine piece together, I gave author Truesdell contact info for both DT and Loon so they could counter the evidence against them. This was Dougie's and Loonabitch's reaction in an accompanying, web-exclusive piece:

“There was no shortage of suspects,” Thomas tells PEOPLE. “But suddenly now everybody 35 years or so later have all figured out what happened, and that all of the investigating officers were corrupt. It’s laughable, is what it is.”

“Martin Smartt was not a friend of mine,” he says. “At one point he and his wife were having marital problems and they came to my office when I was sheriff and wanted me to counsel them. First of all, I had just gone through a divorce at that time. I told them, ‘Why would you want me to counsel you?’ ”

But he did provide “one session” of advice, he says.

“That sounds strange, but anyhow,” Thomas says. He also dismisses the rumor that Marty had once stayed with him. “People’s imaginations go wild,” he says. “Other than that, there was no contact with them until the homicides.”

Marilyn says she does not recall any meeting between her, Marty and Thomas. Asked if Marty and Thomas were friends, she says, “Not to my knowledge.”

I wonder why he was so happy to laugh about his times with Marty in the 2005-era interview he did with Josh, and was so humored to be asked about his wonderful friendship with a confessed mass murderer in 2014, but now that shit is clearly hitting the fan and people are in fear of prosecution and prison, he suddenly wants to blatantly lie about his and Marty's mutual adoration?

Sounds kind of odd, unless your a lying sack of shit who was a corrupt sheriff covering up that mass murder back in 1981. Wow, that would explain DT's and Loon's shifting perspectives, wouldn't it?
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Previous

Return to keddie files