The family in Cabin 26

theories and spec; back up posts w/ reasoning and evidence/examples

The family in Cabin 26

Postby kmik » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:05 pm

*June '80 - Marty, Marilyn, Lori, and Casey move from Burney Ca. to Keddie Cabin 26.
*Sept.'80 - Justin follows
*March '81- Lori leaves Keddie (terrified of Marty) She is put on a bus by Marty and Marilyn to stay with her biological father in Astoria,OR
*About 1WEEK later Marty decides he wants Lori back home and calls police to say she is a run away. Lori has to have Marty and Marilyn admit over the phone to her father's lawyer that they put her on the bus.
*March 16, 1980 - Marty admits himself to Reno VA hospital's psych ward.
THIS IS ALL HAPPENING IN THE FIRST 2 WEEKS OF MARCH!
What happened to Lori for her to suddenly leave Keddie?
Why was Marty so worried a week later that he wanted her back?
It is obvious that immediately after Marty is unable to get Lori to come home he admits himself into the VA psych ward.
Why is he so suddenly willing to get help after having marital problems for so long?
After the murders he calls Lori at school in Oregon and when she calls home he tells her of the murders and that he is leaving for Oregon.(I think he was letting her know he was gone and she could come home.)
Go back and listen to Cabin28 documentary pt.2 at 47min.28sec. What is it she almost says?
In a June 27,2006 post by Marilyn she says (while explaining how maybe Lori was target and not Tina):"My daughter was the cute little thing that boys went nuts over (and men I might add)."
We've looked at the sleeping arrangements in Cabin 28 but what were the sleeping arrangements in Cabin 26? Where did Lori sleep in that one bedroom cabin?
We know from Marilyn that Lori was in Keddie long enough to "hang out a lot with James Jr. and Alissa Seabolt." (The same family that the Sharp girls were close to.)
Surely Lori told some of her friends why she was leaving. Did Sue/Tina have knowledge of this?
If we are going to put everyone in Cabin28 under the microscope then lets ask what was going on in Cabin 26 that was so bad that 34 years later no one wants to talk about it. Do you really think drugs would be that "embarrassing" to discuss years later?
kmik

Re: The family in Cabin 26

Postby Chichibcc » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:39 pm

Since Marty and Marilyn shared the one bedroom, Justin and Casey slept in a very, very tiny and un-insulated space towards the back of the cabin-not sure on where Lori slept when she was there, though.

Here is a photo of the area where Justin and Casey slept-"room" is hardly an adequate term to describe it:

http://keddie28.com/gal/Keddie%20Today/25-26/slides/110422_297_Keddie.html

Given how compact that space is, there's certainly no way that Lori slept there, either-so the only other place left was probably on the couch (at least before Bo came along).
Chichibcc

Postby kmik » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:26 pm

Yeah, there just doesn't seem to be anywhere in that Cabin for a girl her age to have privacy or a space of her own.
kmik

Postby Chichibcc » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:10 pm

As far as Lori's motives in leaving, my understanding was that she was afraid of Marty and couldn't stand him (not that I blame her, with how easily he could fly off the handle).

Marilyn, in part one of the documentary, also mentioned Lori receiving a supposedly anonymous call at school, in which she was threatened if she didn't keep her mouth shut (from 43:22 to 43:00).
Last edited by Chichibcc on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chichibcc

Postby dmac » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:28 pm

At 27:20, they're discussing Marty's phone call claim of five murder victims instead of four. Josh says, "I wonder why he said five instead of four', and I believe she says:

"I don't know. Maybe he had another one. I know there were several times that he tried to kill my mom..."

She's saying maybe Marty killed another person, on top of the four in Cabin 28.

As for sleeping arrangements, I don't think Marilyn or Marty gave a damn about arrangements, so long as they were cozy in the big bedroom. And I don't think whether or not Lori was there would have changed Bo's arrival, because nothing indicates the tale of M&B's 'happenstance meeting at the VA' is remotely true. In fact, the lies surrounding that story indicate it was arranged for Bo to be at 26.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby kmik » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:35 pm

It's not what she says but what it sounds like she "almost" says. And your right Chi I wonder what she needed to keep her mouth shut about.
kmik

Postby kmik » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Also has anyone seen it documented where Marty was a big ladies man or womanizer? I know about the incident in 67 where he was in the brig a couple of months for "something to do with the commander's daughter and drugs". But were there any indications that he was out chasing women?
kmik

Postby kmik » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:03 am

Maybe this is why this crime will never be solved because no one wants to think outside the box. But if you are willing to look elsewhere and exhaust all angles then maybe you should quit trying to connect Bo and Marty before the murders and instead try to connect Bo and Dee Lake.
kmik

Postby dmac » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:20 am

Wow, go for it, I certainly have no belief that others didn't know Bo, or each other, before the killings. Did you? But thanks for insinuating all our work is "in a box". Very insulting. Oh, and please explain 'the box' and it's boundaries just so we can think elsewhere. Too bad you weren't around to tell us then where we were screwing up all these years.

I'm not on board with insults about where information and logic leads me. I don't think anyone is. I believe this forum is about people having no boundaries, but having facts to support anything claimed. I find most speculation incredibly insulting to the facts of the case, and basic intelligence. Hey, I heard the Keddie case is all about a child abduction ring where Tina was sold to South Africa. WOW! That's outside the box! Go for it!

Oh, and did you know Frank "Mike" Davis left Keddie 13 for an address on Quincy Junction Rd that Dee also lived at? I'm directly saying they were great pals and likely lived together shortly after the murders. Duh. I've said it before several times, sorry you didn't get the email and pamphlet.

There's your box, right inside your own head.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby kmik » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:04 am

Why would you be insulted by my opinion? All of the information I have gotten has come from this forum and the documentaries.
We've all got our own opinions. No need to be upset that we don't always see eye to eye.
kmik

Postby Princess » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:27 pm

I know when I met Marty he was very polite but I was also 8 yrs old. He was also very nervous when he was at my house. Now what my mom remembers of him is that he was very nice. I recall in a convo that Loon did say he was a ladies man and very charming , I think her exacts words were he looked liked "Clark Gable", lol........now that is laughable..

My Uncle was very much a ladies a man. I assuming since Marty worked with Bo doing business scams in the area Marty must of had some kind of charm to him. Bullshit charm.

Now as you have made a comment abt thinking outside the box kmik, believe you me I have thought outside and inside the box. I do not post anything unless I have the facts to prove it.

Now you have to remember there has been a lot of outside work done them docs you watched were bullshit docs that Josh Hancock made he did not tell the truth or put any research into making them hell in part 1 he says my Uncle is alive and doing well living in Holiday, Florida. That was wrong!

I did my research by contacting all people that are involved and anyone else who is there Keddie at the time. Now you have to remember that this forum has been up for along time so you may read things that we have already figured out. But please do not insult our intelligence, by saying we need to look elsewhere and exhaust all of her angles, believe me we do. Now how in the hell do you not think Marty was not involved is beyond me. Marty tells on himself in his own interview! Marty and Dee Lake, Grrk, and Frank Davis, oh and lets not forget how close of friends he was with Doug Thomas too.
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Princess

Postby dmac » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:19 pm

a lie is not an opinion. Thanks, Fox News KMIK from Gallblast, Arizona, for your bullshit. Let's move back to the Original Post.

When I wrote "think of what you're asking for. And what am I about to 'say'?" it's because you ask bullshit questions where answers don't presently exist based on what we currently know. That's directed at you.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Chichibcc » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:07 am

Kmik, no one really knows for sure if Marty was a womanizer or not, but even if he was, I really don't think his dalliances have any connection to the crime, at least not at this point.

There was a rumor that he and Sue had had an affair, but there's been no real proof of that, so I just don't see it.

But there are indications that Marty may have had an interest in Sue, though-interest that wasn't exactly reciprocated.
Chichibcc

Postby kmik » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Yeah, I'd never seen it documented anywhere that he was a real ladies man. I feel like he was better acquainted with younger people.
I can't see his interest being in Sue (age 36) when his own wife (age 34) was being taken care of by a 19 year old, which obviously did not bother him. Now someone may come forward 34 years later and say he was a ladies man, but I think if that were true then there would have been as many reports of that as there were sightings of Johnny and Dana on 4-11-81. This all ties back to the original post because I feel that the month long demise of the family in Cabin 26 had a whole lot to do with the murders in Cabin 28 (having nothing to do with an obsession of Sue). Just my speculation.
kmik

Postby dmac » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:23 pm

You've got the ages off a bit, and Marty & Dee both married older women. Loon was a couple years older than Marty, Dee's wife was a couple years older. Bo went for anything that moved. I cannot get into Marty's supposed fixation on Sue, as I've explained many times, because of the sources. Journalism 101: protect your sources.

As for Marty hanging with a younger crowd, isn't that what all drug dealers do? 'Play to your audience'. My understanding is perhaps one of the 'owners' in 25 was also a big partier, and knew where to score. Unverified but multiple people have come forward, independently, stating the same basics. If true, it throws a new light and complex dynamic on why some drug pushers were forced out (13, 15) and others (Marty, Loon) allowed to stay. It throws a complexity on the entire dynamic of what we know of Keddie c. 1981.

I believe there's an Oedipal aspect to why Marty liked older women, particularly brunettes: to replace his drunken whore of a mother. According to Loon, his earliest known murder rage was to wipe out his entire family: Kill Spencey, blow up the family home. That sounds just like reality. Loon, for once, is telling the truth.

Why did Marty fixate on Bo? Marde found his Daddy! Doesn't EVERYTHING point to Marty fixating on Bo as his new 'daddy object''? Loon could easily fit as a stand-in for Marty's drunken missing mammy. So could Sue.

Have you seen the photos to compare? Marty's mom, Sue, etc? They bear a striking resemblance.

This belongs in the trash bin, not the speculation bin. I do believe certain aspects are dead-on, but it's mostly bullshit. And also mostly true. 87% true. 13% bullshit.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Return to just speculatin'