Suspects interviewed by the police

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Suspects interviewed by the police

Postby Zenobia » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Does anyone know what suspects were interviewed by the police. Why were these particular people under suspicion.
Zenobia

Postby jhancock » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 pm

We know that Martin Smartt, Chuck Walke, and Henry Thompson were all interviewed as potential suspects.

Marty has been discussed ad nauseum; wish we had more info on the others.
jhancock

Postby Night Rider » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:23 pm

It's believed that about a dozen people were considered, but who knows at what time they were looked at.

Marty is quite obvious, we just dont really know when he was first fingered. Plus in all this time, no one has ever verified any alibi for Marty and Bo for most of the time period.

As for Henry and Chucky, who knows, but they were looked at very soon. That was a great alibi Walke cooked up. Plus the coincidences about his brother.

Some have suggested that 20+ were looked at seriously over the years.
supposedly that Karl Spang still brags to people that he was considered.
Night Rider

Postby Zenobia » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:12 pm

What do we know about Walke, Thompson and Sprang?
Zenobia

Postby Night Rider » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 am

Well, I believe they are all still alive.. Sorry to be a wag, but that may be some of the best info we have on them.

Chuck Walke was supposedly a rather rolly-poly young member of the local drug scene (the scene that didn't really exist according to Doug Thomas.) I have no idea where he came from or if he was in the service.

Way back in 2005 some people were claiming that they had been hanging around he when he was messed up and that they had heard him say things like, "Man, I don't know how I got away with it, but I did.">>>>>

Back then some people told me that he was just an easy going young druggie who had never hurt anyone. He is not on my list of shadows, mainly because since about 2006, his name never comes up in any discussion.

Not so for his brother Cary, who did not make the trip to Springtown that day. Cary is now a registrant in Plumas, and it was rumored that he was supposedly at that party at cabin 8 or 9 that night. I will not say what I think about the fact that Cary looks a spitting image of the right sketch.

As for Karl Spang, prior to Josh posting the timeline, I don't remember ever reading his name. And I'm glad I hadn't, time is important. If PCSD hasn't debunked his story by now, God help them.
Night Rider

Postby Zenobia » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:04 pm

John Sessions' name came up as possibly resembling rhe sketches. Does anyone know anything about him?
Zenobia

Re: Suspects interviewed by the police

Postby meankitty » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:02 pm

I don't know who John Sessions is, but there was someone named Joe Cotten who was said to resemble the composites.
meankitty

Re: Suspects interviewed by the police

Postby 7Scarlet » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:35 am

I did a basic web search for John Sessions, and found only one that could be the guy in question.

John S. Sessions.

He was born in 1951, making him 30 years old in 1981. He's lived in Plumas County his entire life, mostly in Blairsden and Portola. His wife's name is Susan A. Sessions.

It's not a lot, but it's more than I knew an hour ago.
'Confirmation Bias:' Find the evidence that supports your contention, and explain away or ignore that which doesn't.
7Scarlet

Return to keddie facts