number 6451 on the window sill

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Re: number 6451 on the window sill

Postby DB92 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:44 am

I was thinking more along the lines of oppertunist rather than train enthusiast D. Johnny & Dana, plus whoever else may have been in their circle, would have obviously been aware of who was involved in the drug trade in their immediate area. They noticed BN 6451 was one of probably afew trains making 'drops' along the line, johnny/Dana whoever else decide, for whatever reason, they are going to steal on of these drops. Johhny scrawls the details in a descreet place to ensure Sue or anyone else sees this and asks questions, he keeps the number in order to remember for definite what train is making the desired drop. Pure speculation, of course, but everything with this particular piece of information is.
DB92

Postby justice17 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:18 pm

Probably just coincidence, but it is Interesting that these Quincy area phone numbers I found ends in 6451 –

Chico Biology Degree

http://www.matchcollege.com › California › California State University – Chico
Get more details below including other California colleges that offer biology degrees. Learn more by requesting ... Feather River College. Quincy, CA. Request Information ... Financial Aid Office. Phone: (530) 898-6451; Financial Aid Page

ALSO

NorCal Premier Soccer
Barcelona Bay Area 04G Academy II (2015 U10-U13) TEAM LOG IN
Team Uniform

Team Contact Info
Justice for all
justice17

Postby kmik » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Justice were these phone numbers from a 1981 phone book? There was no e-mail in 1981.
kmik

Postby justice17 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:21 am

Using Google advance search, Keddie + 6451, I was sorting through the search results when I saw this:

(530) 281-64xx - Directory - Radaris
phones.radaris.com › (530) xxx- xxxx › (530) 281-xxxx › (530) 281-6xxx
Comprehensive US Phone Directory. Phones from (530) 281-6400 to (530) 281-6495. Phone ... Owner Name, Address, Information. Fxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, 189 Keddie Resort Rd #25, Quincy, CA 95971 >>> ...(530) xxx-6451premium Report ...
Justice for all
justice17

Postby justice17 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:35 am

So you just got a call from (530) 281-6451

Carried by: CITIZENS TELECOM CA. DBA FRONTIER COM OF CA
Originating from the area of: KEDDIE, CA

[untrustworthy link deleted by dmac- Web of Trust calls it a bogus site]

Is it coincidence? No way. I know The Albins lived in cabin 25, hmmmm...its strange that the last 4 digits of the phone number in that cabin at the time Were 6451. The lookouts Code for I'm back at home?
Also, Isn't it A little suspect that The Albins are a huge part of Mardes alibi or "storyline"?
Justice for all
justice17

Postby dmac » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:20 pm

It is a coincidence.

A: I have the Plumas phone book that was current when I visited in '11 (it was laying on the floor of abandoned cabin 35). It has a reverse-directory in the back, and only one 6451 was registered to Plumas prefixes in 2011, which belonged to a woman in Susanville, 60 miles away.

B: In 2011, it appeared cabin 25 was being renovated. I'm not certain people were living inside, even though it was supposed to be, at the time, one of the best cabins still standing.

C: No combination of the name you mentioned appears in the 2011 book.

D: When the Albins moved from 25 and left Keddie behind, the phone number assigned them was released and eventually reassigned to someone else. I assume 6451 has been reassigned many times over the years, and since 1981. Probably 10-20 different sets of people have lived in 25 since the Albins, too.

E: The Albins play a bit part of Marty's alibi, as he claimed he was talking to the husband when the wife came down and changed the music. Other witnesses said the Albins came down together, which discounts Marty's version. One staff did mention seeing Marty and Bo leave and come back during the night, yet nobody has verified Marty/Bo, or anyone, started a row over a shift in music- or anything else. Marty's use of the Albins in his 'alibi' has backfired, if anything.

I do think it's pure coincidence that 6451 is perhaps now tied to cabin 25. Were it tied to 25 in 1981, it tells me nothing of use, yet. The Albins aren't remotely suspects. I'd heard Mr Albin was a bit of a partier, which roused my interests years ago, but it's never panned out. I do know the Albins had recently fired Marty (previous to his stay at the Reno psych ward), so if anything there was tension (up to outright hatred on Marty's part) between them. Marty needed to come up with some scratch-- and QUICK-- if he wanted to make rent in May. My understanding is they lived there rent-free as part of compensation for his by-then-ended employment, so that meant an extra $150-$200 or so he had to find if Keddie was to remain his home on May 1. Loon told LE in 81 that they could look through 25 all they wanted, because rent was paid (through the end of the month).

Also, add some good security extensions to your browsers- WoT, for instance. All the sites you linked to are very disreputable- they are scam sites. My software blocked them. Try whitepages.com for safer research. But, for what it's worth, until somebody finds a copy of the 1980 & 81 Plumas phone books and searches them for 6451, any findings related to phones are pretty worthless.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby justice17 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:25 pm

[link deleted by dmac- person listed has not been proved to be around in 81, or related in any way to the case]

He lived there sometime. I will do a little more checking.
Justice for all
justice17

Postby dmac » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:12 pm

without showing where 6451 was assigned in 1981, your research is a waste of time. And please don't mention names like Fxxxxx in future. He's got no relation to the case whatsoever. We're pretty tight about naming names, for good reason. Think how it would suck to have your name tied to the Keddie Murders via a quick google search? That's just one glaring reason we avoid naming superfluous names on the forum.

While it's hard not to name names in order to discount all the other Danas listed, or to find out which Linda said what to whom, we try to do it sparingly and judiciously. For instance, we don't name Bo's family, unless it's contextually necessary (Bo's sis, dad, uncle, etc). We certainly don't list people just because their phone number may include 6451 in 2015.

Research all you want, but think of 1981 instead of 2015, otherwise you're spinning your wheels. Please be prudent when giving details on personal info of any kind... names, address, phone numbers. Err on the side of caution. I'll go back and edit out things from your last posts, as they have no proven relevance to the case- plus, some links go to untrustworthy sites, so I'll have to delete them.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby justice17 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:37 pm

I was not trying to point the finger or blame towards him or his family. Not at all. I was only stating that his family lived in the resort, maybe after 1981 and possibly had that phone number. He is listed as a Keddie residence at one time. I did check reputable sites, and public records, like the white pages and several others. I understand where you are coming from, but I did not say they were involved or did anything wrong. It is not any different than listing names of people that lived in the area?
Justice for all
justice17

Postby WP5315 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:19 pm

I don't know, but this could be of help. It appears that the Library of Congress has copies of the Quincy area phone book on microfilm for the years 1969 to 1983. I found this at http://www.loc.gov/rr/genealogy/bib_guid/US_telephone/ca.html. I'll have to see if a librarian can confirm if there is reverse directory in the '79 or '80 editions. Might be worth a shot.
WP5315

Postby dmac » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:39 pm

That's more like it.

When I was in Plumas, the library was closed every time I had a chance to swing by. The museum across the street was open, library closed. The museum had a folder concerning Keddie, and the murders. Pilfered over the decades, what was left I photographed (see the galleries). I asked if they had any old Plumas-regional phone books in their collections and they said they used to, but not currently, and recommended hitting the closed library as it supposedly has phone books going back for years.

Most phone books are in specific library collections unavailable for check-out or inter-library loan. In other words, you have to visit to see. Even with fiche, libraries only circulate between branches of the same library systems. The bottom line is finding a library branch, which can request and deliver the fiche, and requires close proximity to Plumas- or the LoC.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:55 pm

Just a note, in case anyone wants to dig into this again:

In 1981, the area code for Plumas was still 916. It didn't split to 530 until 1997. Therefore, if 6451 is related to a local phone number, the best candidates would be historically accurate only if listed as:

916-281-xxxx
916-283-xxxx

916 has always included the area it currently does; therefore, if 6451 IS relevant to 916, it would also include all of the Capital's area code-- including any DOJ/DEA located there. One would assume that, if the two sources of DEA contact info found with Johnny (and Dana?) were relevant, they would be connected to Sac offices.

Logically, though, were 6451 related to a phone number, it would HAVE to be a local exchange. Were the number related to a distant area/exchange, the entire 7-digit number would have been scrawled on the sill because the author was writing something to aid memory. I firmly believe if 6451 is phone-related, it's a very local number.

Currently, CA DOJ mainly uses the 445 exchange. 916-445-6451 is currently assigned to the CA Department of Fish and Game. I doubt 4 people were killed over a fishing license.

6451 is interesting, but it's been a wankfest thus far. I've probably spent more time researching 6451 than most kiddies have spent READING our work on this bastard case.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Cowgirlsunni » Sun May 22, 2016 8:38 am

I found a 1981 Quincy Ca and Surrounding areas on disc from Ebay. She specializes in old phone directories. I wrote to her and asked if she could do this one. SCORE she listed it for me! - Purchased and hoping for the best. Hopefully it can solve the mystery number, maybe it could come in handy for other areas of research too. or maybe it's just another wankfest rabbit hole. Anyway.. worth a shot I figure.
Cowgirlsunni

Postby Cowgirlsunni » Wed May 25, 2016 12:44 pm

Phone book is here in the form of a CD. After looking it over from the areas it covers such as Quincy, Meadow Valley, Portola, Twain and more..
1. There are no numbers that start with more than 5 ***. They are all 0 *** 1 *** up to 5. ( Any 5 * * * is related to Portola it seems)
2. I found one number that started with a 61** and it was for an auto insurance company out of Susanville.
3. This does not cover Keddie
4. I have inquired if she has a Susanville phone book, which does cover Keddie and some other surrounding areas such as Greenville and Chester. Waiting on her answer.
5. If there is anything I can help with on the Quincy end.. addresses or something Dmac has not already found.. let me know.
Cowgirlsunni

Postby dmac » Wed May 25, 2016 1:16 pm

The interview I did was conducted at Ada's Place, a series of rental cottages set back off the road across from the library and museum. Unfortunately, the interview lasted all morning- something like 2.5 hours, so I had to grab a burger at the Polka Dot and jet back to Reno in time to catch my flight.

I didn't have time to go back to Keddie- which I don't recommend anybody do now that the case has renewed the interest of gawkers. I didn't have time to visit the library. I revisited and cleaned the memorial markers, and that was it.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby joe_mcplumber » Thu May 26, 2016 4:27 pm

Cowgirlsunni wrote:stuff

I mentioned elsewhere, i don't know the reasons but i'm pretty sure Keddie was served by a different phone company than the rest of the county. I know it's very strange, but it was a long distance call from Quincy. IIRC it may even have been a different area code.

I don't know if this helps things or makes them more confusing, But if Keddie was effectively a telephonic island to itself, it might've had its own (very small) phone book.

Now i've got myself thinking that number is familiar. To quote a great American, "what a waste it is, to lose one's mind".
joe_mcplumber

Postby dmac » Thu May 26, 2016 4:31 pm

Dan Quayle wrote:What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Cowgirlsunni » Thu May 26, 2016 6:12 pm

You are right Joe McPlumber
Keddie is in the Susanville directory. Not the Quincy one.
I have inquired about getting that directory and have not heard back yet.
Cowgirlsunni

Postby dmac » Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Something abt the long distance factor between K and Q... why didn't all of Sue's calls to the Meeks, etc., show up on the long distance bill listed here?
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby joe_mcplumber » Tue May 31, 2016 1:44 pm

Yes it gets weirder. I don't think it was a long distance call *out* from Keddie to surrounding communities.
joe_mcplumber

PreviousNext

Return to keddie facts