Vids from Keddie, 2011

for discussion of vids related to the murders

Vids from Keddie, 2011

Postby dmac » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:49 pm

I've uploaded three vids I took in Keddie back in April 2011:

Cabins 13, 28 and 26 pans from Keddie Resort Rd, looking at the lodge and dorm, to cabin 13. Then it pans further to where 28 stood, then to where the killers lived in 26. It gives a fantastic indication of how close together they lived.

Short Tour of Where Cabin 28 Stood This shows where landmarks like trees and the rooms and pathway to the front door were.

Playhouse and Back Door Bar I quick look at the Playouse exterior, and the back of the lodge where the Back Door Bar is situated. It also shows the kitchen area where Marty worked.

...enjoy...
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Vids from Keddie, 2011

Postby justice17 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Do you think that you will ever visit the Keddie "Resort" again?

It must be completely vacant now? Do you know How many families remained after the murders? The Seabolts
Stayed around for a little while,correct?
Justice for all
justice17

Postby dmac » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:04 am

Keddie went on, business as usual, after the murders. However, the 'rebirth' the Albins had hoped to create became an ugly abortion. They tried to get out from under it by selling a couple years later, but even that failed and ownership reverted back to the slumlord scumbag, Gary Mollath. Tales of the murders turning Keddie into a bonafide 'ghost town' are utter and complete horse shit. Mollath did that 100% on his own.

Zero upkeep/repairs led to most of the buildings becoming officially condemned. Photos of 28 at the time of the murders show several code violations that would have made it legally uninhabitable, yet after Mr Seabolt replaced the carpet and wall paneling in 28, it was almost immediately rented out. It was eventually condemned, along with 27 and about a dozen other buildings, and razed. In fact, the photo Josh proudly claimed was 28 being torn down was actually 27 (28 is even visible in the left corner of the image). The Gen Store burned down, as I recall, rather than being condemned. The Seabolts did stick around, as did the Krois. RR Vickie still lives there.

The Albins got the dorm and Lodged going again, reopening both (and the bar) to brisk business. There is something very hinky in how Mollath destroyed those cash cows. I can see the lodge/bar going under for many reasons, including impact from the murders, but how did he destroy the dorm business, with something like 72 beds rented? Mollath has to be connected to the murders some big way, or he's the biggest and foulest red herring of them all.

When I visited, most of the cabins were derelict. 13, 14, 15 abandoned. 27, 28, 16-24 razed. 25 was lived in, the Killers' Kabin 26 abandoned. Dorm, Lodge, Depot buildings locked up but derelict. Surprisingly, a light was on inside the Back Door Bar, and box upon box of industrial supplies stacked behind the bar. How that building could be in such bad shape (literally falling down) and still legally power a bulb is beyond me. The entire place should have been razed by the 90s, when the drinking water troubles were glossed over by the BoS. Again, I think Mollath carries a lot of weight in that troubled county, so unsafe water was just one more thing he got away with.

In 2011, I'd say 5-7 cabins (and Vikki's place) were inhabited, or being worked on enough to appear inhabitable. Since then, there's been a bizarre rebirth, which is already documented elsewhere on the forum... I can't find it or I'd post the link!

Help? Anyone remember the thread about how half of Keddie was traded for lakeside property and the new douche wanted renters to work for free or leave?
reach me at
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby justice17 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:59 am

Very interesting. A lot to think about.

I just don't understand why The Seabolts stayed in Keddie, just feet away? A constant reminder of a quadruple murder. How did they feel safe?! They had their own kids to worry about.

Why wasn't James Seabolt Sr.Terrified for his family? He refurbished" 28?

The Wingate Family left the area immediately.
Justice for all
justice17

Postby Chichibcc » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:00 am

I just don't understand why The Seabolts stayed in Keddie, just feet away? A constant reminder of a quadruple murder. How did they feel safe?! They had their own kids to worry about.

Not only did they stay, but a cousin of the Seabolts and her family may have been one of the first tenants to live in C28 after the murders, according to a "Kevin W," who commented on this thread in 2009; he is the now-ex-husband of that Seabolt cousin, and he claimed to have lived in C28 with his ex-wife and her family until 1984, when they moved out.

Kevin W, on November 10, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

Patch is right! I noticed my son, Ryan, has already mentioned this earlier, but I DID live in Cabin 28 after I married the Seaboldt’s cousin. Her and her parents ( The Yorks)lived in Cabin 28, and when I married, my now ex-wife and I moved into the basement. The Yorks moved out in June 1984 (as you can see from the previous news article). My wife and I moved shortly after. I lived in Keddie again from Jan. 1989-Nov 1989, and from June 1990-Feb 1991. The Seaboldts were still there, as well as Clifford Clemmons and his family (although they moved to Greenville later).

Also on that thread are posts from the "Patch" individual Kevin referred to (Patchouli64) who stated that she lived in C28 from 1986-1989, and "Cathy," who mentions having lived in C28 with her mom from 1984-1986. Patchouli64 even goes as far as posting pics of her and her family living in C28 in an attempt to persuade naysayers that there were later tenants who occupied the cabin, contrary to the well-held belief that the cabin was immediately condemned after the murders, which was untrue. It's obvious that it's the same cabin, just with different carpeting/paneling, which Mr. Seabolt installed. You can see Patchouli's C28 pics here.

In 2011, I'd say 5-7 cabins (and Vikki's place) were inhabited, or being worked on enough to appear inhabitable. Since then, there's been a bizarre rebirth, which is already documented elsewhere on the forum... I can't find it or I'd post the link!

There used to be a "Keddie Resort" page on FB where photos of the remodeled cabins were being posted at one time, and I remember posting the link for it; however, it has since been taken down, since that link is no longer valid.
Chichibcc

Return to videos