810421 810422 Jose / Joey C. - 2 pages

case files, articles, etc

810421 810422 Jose / Joey C. - 2 pages

Postby jhancock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:59 pm

Jose C. was interviewed on 4-22-81 at 1400 hrs by Agents Leonard and Marinovich at Quincy High School.

Last week Richard Meeks and Mike H. said that Justin's father committed the murders and Bo (no further i.d.) was involved. They said Justin spent the night at the victims' house and was in the bedroom with the younger boys. Justin got up and witnessed the murders. The police hypnotized Justin and obtained a sketch of the responsibles. One was Justin's father. Also, Bo has Tina somewhere.

Erin W. was interviewed by Agents Leonard and Marinovich at Quincy High School on 4-22-81 at 1215 hrs.

Yesterday, on 4-21-81, Erin did not participate in her P.E. class, so she did her homework on the bleachers. She overheard Joey C. talking to an unidentified student. She didn't hear the entire conversation but she heard Joey say that Jesse and Bo were involved in the murders. It was insinuated in the conversation that it was strange that Jesse was in the arcade on the Saturday afternoon of the murders. The unidentified student asked Joey how he knew all this information. He replied that one of the young boys in the bedroom woke up and saw the murder. The boy was hypnotized and gave a statement re: Bo and Jesse. Erin could not identify Bo and Jesse and could offer no further info re: the conversation except that Tina had been sighted in Belden.
jhancock

Re: More from Jose / Joey C. - 2 pages

Postby dmac » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Since we're currently discussing elsewhere on the board what Justin and the other boys may have talked about in the days and weeks after the murders...

Justin was staying at the Meeks house with Marilyn and Casey, and spent the days following the murders with the Meeks kids and with the Sharp boys.

In the second blurb, the name "Jesse" is mentioned, which is likely Erin W improperly remembering Marty's name. Again, Erin is talking about Joey/Jose repeating essentially the same information: "Justin was hypnotized and spoke of Bo and Marty." That's a fairly easy conclusion to draw, rather than finding some other instance of a Jesse being mentioned in the case (there is none, other than Jesse Wolf who ran cabibn28.com).

Why would Richard and Mike H (who??) be repeating it? Likely it comes mainly from Richard Meeks, and there's only a couple options for him:

a> he's simply repeating what Justin described in the days following the murders
    b> he's repeating what those at the Meeks house (Meeks & Smartts) had figured out or hypothesized
    c> he's totally pulling it out of his ass to be a gossip
    d> any mixture of the above

I don't believe option C plays into it, and the truth is quite likely closest to A.

So if Jesse is really Marty (and I think it is), it's interesting to note that they're really saying they found it odd that MARTY SMARTT WAS AT THE ARCADE on Saturday the 11th. Was his shadow with him, or was he alone? Was he selling, buying, or looking for someone who owed him? What other business would Marty Smartt have in the arcade?

Timeline A wrote:810411-2200a Richard Meeks goes to the arcade in Quincy and meets Angus L., Steve D., and Mike H.

810411-2200a Steve D. arrives at the arcade and tells Richard M. he had just given Dana and Johnny a ride to the park and then back to the Exxon.

Wasn't there also talk long ago that Dana and Johnny were seen at the arcade the morning/afternoon of the 11th? Any mention of Marty or Bo or Loon being seen before the Back Door Bar is important. Why would Marty be at the arcade?
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Given his age at that time, it seems odd that Marty would've been at the arcade....this is the first I've heard of this. He obviously was up to no good, whatever he was there for.

And you're right, there seems to be so little known about Marty's, Bo's, or Marilyn's whereabouts that day....which we would've had more knowledge of if PCSO had included them on the timeline-they sure seemed to have everyone else on there. In their interviews, that wasn't really touched on, other than having been at the Back Door Bar later that night.

Also, where is Belden, and how far is it from Keddie?
Chichibcc

Postby meankitty » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:13 am

Belden is about 22.7 miles from Keddie. And I do find it odd and unlikely Marty being at the arcade. We don't have all of the timeline, so there is no way of knowing their movements that day.

Edited to add: Dmac has just told me he managed to get most of the timeline translated, and apparently Marty wasn't on it much before he showed up at the Backdoor Bar.
Last edited by meankitty on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
meankitty

Postby dmac » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:35 am

Sorry, mk, but the timeline is a nearly perfect representation of what's on the wall. As I've explained elsewhere, the blurry photos I have of the timeline are superfluous... clear shots of the same areas of the timeline have already been transcribed and included. The OFFICIAL PCSO TIMELINE (B) is nearly identical to what's on the wall, sans the Justin entries which Josh cannot post due to an agreement he made with PCSO. I made no such agreement, and that section of the timeline was anonymously sent to me and I posted it here. Otherwise, when you look at the timeline, you're seeing what a total sham the PCSO investigation into the murders really is.

The truth of the matter is Marty and Bo and Marilyn are not on the timeline because of miserable PCSO failures. They poorly cover the movements of everyone in cabin 28, yet make no attempt whatsoever to track the movements of those in the cabin of the surviving witness, even though Marty was Suspect A1 from the beginning.

PCSO sux ass, face it.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby 1692dave » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:42 pm

dmac wrote:Why would Richard and Mike H (who??) be repeating it? Likely it comes mainly from Richard Meeks, and there's only a couple options for him:

a> he's simply repeating what Justin described in the days following the murders
    b> he's repeating what those at the Meeks house (Meeks & Smartts) had figured out or hypothesized
    c> he's totally pulling shit out of his ass to be a gossip
    d> any mixture of the above

I don't believe option C plays into it, and the truth is quite likely closest to A.

I'm gonna say, any combination of a. and b.

Don't forget Marylin was also staying at Meeks. and when you try and picture it in your mind, what it was like living in the Meeks household, in those days following the murders, then anything Justin might have wanted to say would likely have been drowned out by Marylin's own "hypothesis" of what happened in cabin 28 the night of the murders. Richard may have been repeating only what Marylin was saying.
I don't have IM capable internet, believe it or not.
1692dave

Re: 810421 810422 Jose / Joey C. - 2 pages

Postby dmac » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:30 pm

I think I found where one of the misunderstandings surrounding Joey Carvalho's name stems from. LE refer to him as Joey Jose Crivello Carvalho etc., as in:

801200c Johnny Sharp was with a guy named "Wolf", who now lives in Portola & it was "Wolf" who took the marijuana, without John's knowledge, from Rose, the Quincy school bus driver. Joe Crivello [Joey Carvalho] told Rose who was involved & Johnny & Wolf worked the matter out. <Richard Meeks / Stoy>

Last night I found this:

601226_SacBee_hosp-food-bid-crivello.gif

The article is straight-forward. The hospital was taking bids for the food contract, and turned down the lowest bid (out of state), preferring to keep the money in the local economy. One of the bidders was Joe Crivello, who ran the Red & White deli next to the theater. My guess is Joe's name is where some of the confusion originates. Crivello was also on the Board of Supervisors, voting to fend off a probe into PCSO in 1976.
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie files