Hi everyone!

introduce yourself, & tell us how you became interested in the case.

Hi everyone!

Postby jelkadonna » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:31 am

Thanks for adding me! I stumbled upon this case a long time ago on websleuths and then ended up here. I forgot about this case for a while and right before the holidays I was searching something and a link to this forum popped up from my search history. I came back here and just started reading. I spent the entire Christmas holiday reading the forums (how's that for holiday cheer?)

With that said, I read A LOT. I definitely haven't read through it all but I did read as much as I could. I kinda think the entire town is involved in some way, shape, or form! A big clusterfuck of lies and coverups. These are my thoughts and feel free to debunk as necessary. I'm no crime scene professional (but I am a photographer, so if you need help with images, let me know!)

I think Sue was the target and Tina was a red-herring.

I think drugs are involved in this situation. I think it's possible that Sue knew too much about the drug trafficking and was a threat to the operation. Not necessarily a drug deal gone wrong but the knowledge of what was going on in the town. Maybe it's possible that she went to LE to inform them of the drugs and what was going on in the community and of course, with the cops already involved they certainly wouldn't want anyone screwing with their operation. Especially some random lady who hasn't lived here very long. Perhaps the sheriff (or someone in LE) got a hold of both Bo and Marty (Bo as the mafia guy who knows how to shut people up and Marty as the nutty friend just crazy enough to go through with it). The sheriff (and Bo) would have the knowledge and education of how crime scenes and investigations work and how to tamper with evidence and throw people off course. Could the sheriff have been directly involved as well? Perhaps he was in the cabin that night with Bo and Marty. I think I read that he lived in the cabin before the Sharps moved in. If that's the case, then he'd know exactly how to navigate the cabin and the space around with making too much noise.

Side note: I think "no one heard anything" is total bullshit. There's no way multiple people could have killed multiple people without anyone hearing something? Walking around the cabin, creaky floors (I'm guessing), hammer holes in the wall and on the victims, moving bodies? No way no one heard any of that. Everyone is trying to cover their own asses.

I read somewhere that Johnny had a number for the DEA at school. Is it possible that Sue asked Johnny for some type of help or at least a shoulder to lean on? Wouldn't he have been "the man of the house"? Maybe she felt that he was the only one she could trust. Perhaps she knew that the DEA info would have been safer with Johnny at school rather than in the cabin where someone could find it?

I think everything with Tina was a red-herring meant to distract the investigation from what really was going on. She was lightweight, small, and much easier to move around than Sue or the boys. I think Tina, Johnny, and Dana were all in the wrong place at the wrong time and weren't intended targets. Isn't there a mafia code (or at least there was back in the day, I'm talking 20s and 30s so who knows about the 80s) that you never go after family members, you only go after the one you're supposed to go after?

I also think that this crime could have been a message to the community. "If you narc, this is what will happen." type of thing. I could imagine people not wanting to talk or offer information if that was the case.

As for Marilyn...I don't know. I don't doubt she knows what happened but I don't know if she was in the cabin that night. Could she have been a look-out of sorts? I guess for me, as a woman, as gruesome as it was, I don't think a woman would want to be in the room when it happened. I'm trying to look at this as objectively as I can. If I were involved, I'll do whatever I need to on the outside (be a look-out, drive the car, dispose of evidence) but I wouldn't want to participate in the actual murder. Does that make sense?

I don't know, this whole case is horrific. I can't imagine the terror these people felt. I hope someday the whole thing blows up and everyone gets what they deserve. :~(
jelkadonna

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Chichibcc » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Welcome to the forum :)

I've always believed that Sue was the target as well, and always has, from the very beginning.

As far as the DEA slip, it's possible that Sue may have asked him for help, since he was the oldest and he took being the "man of the house" seriously, from all accounts.

As far as the crime being drug-related, I tend to go back-and-forth, but you present a good argument for the presence of drugs in regards to this case, and how pervasive they may have been in leading to the unfortunate events that would follow.
Chichibcc

Postby tashaannbaker » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:19 pm

Where did the drug theory originate? Everyone mentions it, but I can't find what that's based on
tashaannbaker

Postby Cheshire » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:15 am

Go to the search box on the upper right hand side of the page and type in "drugs" - you'll get 376 hits. That should get you started. Good luck!
Cheshire

Postby tashaannbaker » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Yeah, I tried that. Lots of posts mentioning drugs, but no clear origin. Thanks anyway
tashaannbaker

Postby Chichibcc » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:09 pm

As far as I know, there's really no clear source for the drug angle--primarily rumors and speculation that accumulated over time to make that aspect more viable as a potential motive.
Chichibcc

Return to intros