Recent Media Requests

Recent Media Requests

Postby dmac » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:05 pm

In 2015, I've fielded and turned down all media offers. This one is about a week old, so figure out why and when I saw it's bullshit:

=============================================================

Hi - I'm Ben Biggs, editor of Real Crime magazine (UK) - I hope you're well,

We're running a big feature on the Keddie Murders and I was hoping we might be able to use some of the images on your website in it. Could you let me know who owns the copyright to them, or where you got them from?

Thanks

Hi, Ben-

It's been a few years since I lived in the UK, therefore, I'm not familiar with your magazine, its quality, or its tone.

Over the years, the majority of pieces on the Keddie murders have been shallow, exploitative affairs where facts are few but bullshit flows unchallenged. I have yet to find a piece written about the case that's even factually accurate, much less draws logical conclusions within a proper narrative. The truth of the murders is far more compelling than any lazy, fictionalized rendering I've seen, and I won't be a party to anything that continues the pattern of abusive, willful deceit. There's no honor in lying about these victims, or the circumstances of their deaths.

As such, I'm leery of getting involved with projects outside the site/forum, where I have little or no editorial control. In my 'real' life, I've been published several times, as well as worked on films and documentaries (I'm in no way associated with the two vile Keddie-related videos Josh Hancock cobbled together). I've had my words hacked by brainless editors, I've had my interviews and work stolen by other 'authors', so I'm quite familiar with how difficult the media racket can be. The truth rarely survives a process where titillation and profits are the main goals.

Before I get involved or offer assistance, I'd need assurances that I'm not getting involved in yet another fraudulent attempt to cash in on the misery of others. The truth is far more interesting, and it's rather pathetic nobody's written it- yet.

What is the targeted deadline for this upcoming piece?

Regards-

dmac

Thanks for getting back to me dmac.

Real Crime is a fairly new mag (we launched in August) and we pride ourselves on high production values, from the design right down to the writing and research. We tell the facts as straight as we can with the information that's available to us. We're not about sensationalising anything, at the very least because the story of a quadruple homicide sells itself - it's what we think sets us apart from the more gossipy crime rags that share the same shelf as us. Our Keddie murders feature will be for the 'Cold Case' section of Real Crime and will work to a very similar format to 'The Murder of Daisy Zick' that we ran in issue 2 - I've attached JPEGs of that feature to this email, so perhaps you can judge for yourself the appropriateness of the Keddie.

We've had a tight turnaround on this feature because of our Christmas deadline, so I'd need images (and any permissions required for them) by Tues 15th.

Ben-

I'm not a True Crime aficionado, so I'm not familiar with the Zick case, and couldn't compare the article you sent with other sources were I inclined, as the resolution of the forwarded images renders the text illegible.

Unfortunately, you've contacted me after your piece was proposed, developed, written, and all but put to bed. Had you approached me earlier, I could have provided much more assistance, including connecting you to people with direct knowledge (including surviving victims, LE currently working the case <it's in no way a cold case>, witnesses, etc), proof-reading & fact-checking, and vetting of sources/information. I also could have provided high-resolution images, graphics, maps, 3-D content, etc. Because I'm protective of the case and am interested only in the dissemination of facts, I can't offer much assistance at the 11th Hour.

However, I can still help with proofreading/fact-checking, and at least point you in the correct directions about ownership and rights of images you intend to use. Many images on the web are incorrectly labelled, named, etc. It's a hairy, balls-up mess, and I can only tell you what I know about the origins of images, if they've been doctored (many have), if they're copyrighted, etc. Many of the images/graphics around the web have been stolen from my site and forum, which is why it's very easy for me to spot copyrighted work.

Unless the Keddie piece is postponed, I simply can't be as helpful as I'd like, and certainly would not be comfortable offering my high-resolution images and graphics for an article I haven't read.

Cheers-

dmac

FROM BEN:

Appreciated. Out of curiosity, is this more than just a project for you? You seem particularly passionate about the case.

I'm trying track down the copyright status/owner of the images I've attached. If you could point me in the right direction, that would be a great help, thank you:

FROM DMAC

The Keddie case is just a project/hobby, but I take it as seriously as the topic of murder and LE corruption deserves.

I was working in 81. The murders happened the Sunday of the first Space Shuttle flight, a busy news day. I remembered the Keddie story because I'd been through there as a kid, and the younger victims were my age.

I stumbled across the murders as still unsolved around 2006 and was briefly involved in a site and forum running at the time, but withdrew after a few months as the guy running it made me very uneasy. I was not surprised when he was subsequently arrested and sentenced to several years for child rape and threatening witnesses. It turns out he's rich and has political clout, so his case was not reported in papers- we found out by searching LE websites and prison rosters.

Around mid-2010, I found a new Keddie-related site and became involved again. I ended up finding I was very good at researching and developing the case, and ended up running that site as webmaster and default admin. When I discovered proof the owner, Josh Hancock (who made the two error-filled 'documentaries'), is an unpunished felon only in it for the money, I pulled all my work from his server, leaving him with no site whatsoever. Many months later, I was talked into starting my own site, which debuted on the anniversary of the murders in 2014. I now post updates on the site. I also work on developing the case offline, as there's a ton of facts about the case I simply cannot make public yet. I keep promises concerning anonymity, there's a lot to develop and vet independently, I and also won't knowingly compromise or hurt the official investigation.

I can say that Marty and the corrupt sheriff in 81 (Doug Thomas) were best pals, and that the tenant in 28 just before the Sharps moved in was apparently Doug Thomas. Thomas even bragged to us that he and Marty and Asst Sheriff Shanks (himself an admitted child molester) used to hang out a lot, driving around for hours "on patrol". Marty was a drug dealer, and Bo was heavy in the mob, coming to Marty's couch from the Chicago Outfit of the 50s via Tony Spilatro's Vegas of the 70s. Bo was a high-runner, scam artist, drug runner, and Nevada desert hole-digger (hit man).

When the murders happened, two corrupt special agents (in charge of organized crime) from the California DOJ in Sacramento arrived almost instantaneously. They were there to fuck the case, not to solve it, which is exactly what they did. This case is about a mass murder that intentionally went unsolved because members of PCSO and DOJ could NOT allow it to go to court, where some bad shit was bound to spill out. This case is really about corruption, drugs, power, and it goes much higher than Marty. It's quite funny that Bo's criminal records were acquired by CA-DOJ at the time of the murders, and copies were found in the boxes of case files Josh stole, but Bo's LE records have since been cleaned, wiped, obliterated.

Bo's great niece and I have done a lot of work together. As her dad was very prominent in Texas LE, she has a lot of high-powered friends in LE. One, under condition of anonymity, looked up Bo and commented that it appears Bo is being protected "off the books", that he may even still be alive, and that looking for info on him is not a safe thing to do.

That's the tip of the iceberg about what's going on in the case, so I'll skip to the photos you sent:

The first shot is Sue's ankle bindings, cropped from a much larger image. It was taken on the slab at the time of autopsy in Sacramento. Loads of inconsistencies in the autopsies, btw. This photo shows a glimpse of the blood found on the bottoms of her feet. She was up and walking through bleed-out spots in the carpet, and a few of her bloody footprints are clearly visible in other CS photos. All victims were staged, after death, including (most obviously) Tina, Sue's missing daughter. It is a crime scene shot, taken by Dan Forcino of Plumas County Sheriff's Office. Josh stole that image from PCSO offices. This low-rez photo was cleaned up by myself in Photoshop.

The second shot is of the rear exterior of 28. I don't know if Josh was allowed to use that image in his documentary, but he stole it anyway. That version was heavily altered and doctored by myself before I knew it was stolen. Taken by PCSO Don Stoy, now a former sheriff. Stoy's work on the case has proved to be highly suspect. As an aside, it also shows one of the recently-used clothes lines in the back yard was down when the murders were discovered.

Shot 3 is taken a few days after the murders, from the POV of where Sue was posed, and shows blood stains and outlines of where Dana and Johnny were. The holes in the carpet are where chunks of bloody carpet were removed, willy-nilly, by LE. That comes from a very low-resolution scan of that photo. Josh sent the original print to me, along with dozens more photos and documents. Finding many of the documents were originals, it immediately confirmed Josh is a charlatan and felon. That's when I deleted all my work from his server, and contacted PCSO to return the stolen documents Josh had sent to me. This photo was also taken by Don Stoy during the evidence collection process.

Shot 3 is an awful photo, one that I've tried to pull from existence on the web. Josh definitely never had permission to release that image, but stole it and did so anyway. It's definitely a legal nightmare publishing that one.

Shot 4, the family photo, was taken around 1975, when they were stationed at the nearby navy base and living in Gulfport, MS. Gulfport was a favorite spot of Bo's. He had nearby family, and was an in-patient at the Gulfport VA right after it's believed he and Marty got together for what appears to be their last crime wave in 1988, on the East Coast. Marty fled back to the Pacific Northwest and was convicted in absentia weeks later, at the very same time Bo showed up pissed out of his brain at the Gulport VA psych ward. The crimes themselves occurred about 50 miles north, and right across the state line, from where Bo had property at the time. That family shot- as with most Sharp and Dana images- is copyrighted by the family, so you need their authorization to use it (Sheila, Rick, and Greg).

Shot 5 is looking out the front door of cabin 28, with corrupt sheriff Thomas (that cocky fuck always wore that slimy leather jacket, like the Plumas County Pimp he was). I don't know who took it, but it's definitely property of PCSO. Much of the cabin had been already been dusted, the bodies removed, chunks of carpeting cut out, but there are two chunks of wall paneling clearly visible that were later cut out and taken into evidence, including the chunk Thomas and the unk. other member of LE are scrutinizing. That chunk above the light switch by the front door had bloody prints and possibly stab marks on it, but Stoy's suspicious crime scene reports are contradictory enough to challenge whether stab marks were really present.

Shot 6 is of the front of the cabin, taken months before 28 and several other long-condemned cabins were simultaneously demolished. It originally appeared in an article on AsylumEclectica.com, and I got permission from the author/copyright holder to reprint it on my site. I can't recall his name, nor can I find his old emails, but he's still online,,, somewhere. As a note, several families lived in 28 after the murders. The neighbor in 27, James Seabolt, was the handyman who replaced carpeting, wall panels, wallpaper, etc., after the murders. Cabin 27 was torn down minutes prior to 28, and all claims of ghosts or that 28 was singled out for demolishing are 100% brainless psychodrama twaddle.

There ya have it- as is typical, most copyright ownership from the CS photos is sketchy, since Josh committed a felony to procure them and they were never cleared for release by LE. He was allowed to look at files and photos, and was even allowed to use a few in the 'documentaries' he made, but that he stole others probably makes it a crime- even under international law- to reproduce them even today. That's one of the reasons I've gone to such lengths to scrub many images from the web. Even though they debuted on Josh's site when we didn't know he'd stolen them, they were never intended to be tossed around the internet for gore-seekers to get cheap thrills.

Sorry that most of the images you sent are definite strike-outs (unless you can quickly get clearance), but that's how badly Josh screwed things by doing things the way he did.

Lemme know if I can clear anything else up or be of further assistance, and please forward the completed piece when it's locked down.

dmac

I never heard back about my warnings of copyrighted photo misuse. The entire article sounds like a handjob of 1980s lies and horse shit that PCSO used to lie the case into the ground.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Recent Media Requests

Postby Magnum PI » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Interesting to know there are still facts about the case that can't be made public! I'm curious to see what those may be, should they ever come to light.

These users thanked the author Magnum PI for the post:
dmac (Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:37 pm)
Magnum PI

Postby dmac » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:06 pm

I wish you were around more, Mags. The current air stinks.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Magnum PI » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:10 pm

Trying to spend more time on here D! Now that my work load is light! Plus I'm moving back to that area.

Magnum PI

Postby Magnum PI » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Btw, I heard an interesting story, I need to share with you, only privately! I'm going to talk to someone in the next couple of days to write it all down ! You may have heard about it prior but I found it interesting, to say the least!

Magnum PI

Latest

Postby dmac » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:09 pm

Some asshat asked me to give info for her book compiling many unsolved cases. I was immediately up her ass with a buffalo skull:

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

Good afternoon,

I'm currently in the process of writing a true crime book. It focuses on a number of unsolved cases and I have stumbled across your website while doing some research on the Keddie murders - great page, by the way. I'm enquiring to ask what your sources are on the information regarding the ex-husband of Sue Sharp and also the living arrangements of the family in Cabin 28?

Thank you for any assistance you may offer!

Regards,

Emily

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

Fuck you, your book, your career, your life.

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

Delightful. That's quite alright, I discovered your entire website is virtually copied directly from footage in the documentary, Cabin 28.

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

I hope you slip under a truck and taste your own blood, blood money paycheck cunt.

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

That's quite ironic coming from somebody doing a piece with People magazine.

The segment on the Keddie murders was requested on my true crime website by an ex-resident of Keddie. In their words, they don't want the Sharp family and Dana Wingate to fade into obscurity. I see you seem to think people should only learn about the murders through your own website.

Good luck with your tabloid endeavours.

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

Go fuck each and every one of your dead relatives, you pathetic hypocrite.

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

And again, that's ironic coming from somebody earning money through People magazine and through documentaries. I'm not earning money by writing a small book for my psychology of criminal profiling college course. You are.

I see you're unsure of how to behave and somewhat unstable. Tragic, considering you run a well put together website yet speak to people like a 14-year-old angry boy, purely for asking your sources.

Anyway, good luck with making money from tabloids and donations from the public. Seems you're the one benefiting from "blood-money".

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

You stenchcunt, I've never earned a nickel off the crimes. People magazine never paid me anything. It was a mutual commitment between current sheriff, investigating officer, and myself to do the People piece as it was originally meant to be a two-paragraph blurb on the anniversary of the murders. Then all hall broke loose, and new evidence was located via tips to my site.

I have NOTHING to do with those shitty "crockumentaries" and, in fact, outed the maker as a fraud, charlatan, and felon. Fuck your investigative skills.

Oh, your site is responsible for the People piece? Please link me to that thread and post so I can further mock you.

You want to do a book where complex cases are condensed into a few pages, and you possess the naivete, stupidity, and audacity to ask me for help?

Shove a torch up your ass and a candelabra up your snatch.

Fucking morons, I spot them so quickly.

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Update, and change of course, perhaps?

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

I never said my website was responsible for the People piece?

I asked you for a source on two pieces of information for an assignment I have to write a 20,000 page book for my college course and you're reacting as if I have said I'm going to make money from it... I assumed the information I was asking for a source from came from those documentaries as they included interviews with Sheila which corroborated what was said regarding their living conditions on your website. I can't say I know anything about the documentary maker.

I don't understand why a grown man is mocking a college student for asking for a source but alright. Good luck in your endeavours.

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

You said you were writing a book, yet never mentioned you were an assmunching idiot student until, what, the fourth email?

I'm very protective of this case and it's being properly represented in media, which is exactly why I angrily drive off bad traffic. You're a newbie, and bad traffic.

I'm sorry I mistook your statements as implying the People case came from a suggestion brought up in class.

Now knowing you're a student, I back down from my early and earnest anger at someone doing a chapter of any book on something so complex and expansive as this case.

Please accept my apologies, and I will help you so long as you don't write a "chapter" on this case. Your project should be an overview of psychologies and events and cases that stream, rather than form stark contradiction via short chapters on impossibly complex cases.

Regards-

dmac

►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►►

I'll help people, but I'm not interested in tabloid coverage. She personified the cheapening of this complex case until she mentioned she's a student.

Doesn't she mean 20,000 word rather than 20,000 page?

20,000 Leagues Under the Screed!

Her bad, but maybe it's okay. I only mean to piss off the wrong element.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:03 pm

Since been fixed, we're friendly and talking about the case and other stuff.

It wasn't a media request, it's a college student. Originally a miscommunication and media request.

Problem solved.
reach me at

These users thanked the author dmac for the post:
Indigo (Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:45 am)
dmac
Site Admin

Return to other sites & off-topic threads