BREAKING NEWS: New Plumas News Article Forthcoming

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

BREAKING NEWS: New Plumas News Article Forthcoming

Postby dmac » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:40 am

BREAKING NEWS: Plumas News is today leading with a teaser to an upcoming story about the Keddie Murders. It reads:

"Keddie murders: A special investigator says he has contacted persons of interest in the 35-year-old cold case. "

http://www.plumasnews.com/

The full article is scheduled to go live tomorrow. Depending on how it reads, I may finally be able to discuss some things I've been holding back on. As you may have guessed, this is the first real 'NEWS' article on the case in decades, probably since the identification of Tina's skull. It's also indicative of a major shift in PCSO policy, and should prove to be a massive change in their narrative of the case.

The detective mentioned is Mike Gamberg, who was with PCSO long before the murders and had several run-ins with the corrupt regime, being wrongfully fired by Thomas and others, and rehired over and over again. The case has been in his hands for a couple years now. He's also the one to whom I returned all the stolen documents Josh Hancock had mailed to me. Mike is a forum member, and members can find his posts here.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Plumas News Article Forthcoming

Postby dmac » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:20 am

The article is live.

http://www.plumasnews.com/story/2016/03 ... n/926.html

"According to Hagwood and Gamberg, one of the most helpful investigative tools didn't exist in 1981. ... The Internet."

"People on the Internet have been really helpful," Gamberg said. "I've been working closely with some of them."

Hagwood called some of the newly discovered information "amazing."

"There are a handful of individuals who have done very credible and in-depth research that has proven very beneficial in putting together timelines of not just persons of interest, but individuals assigned to the investigation those many years ago," Hagwood said. "And there's been some startling discoveries and revelations related to - not just persons of interest in this case - but individuals who were a part of the law enforcement community and had involvement in this investigation from the beginning."

Hagwood and Gamberg both said they were surprised to discover the Department of Justice assigned an organized crime unit to the case.

"Why would investigators from the state, who specialized in organized crime, be sent to remote rural northern California for what ended up being a quadruple homicide?" Hagwood said. "There has been speculation and accusations on some of these Internet sites that, in the past, I took a lot of exception to. But as information is coming in, I'm of a mind to certainly take a look at that now more than I was in the past."

Gamberg said he is questioning the DOJ to try to find out why it suspected the murders had something to do with organized crime.

Hagwood said if the Keddie murders happened in 2016, someone likely would be in custody by now.

Persons of interest

Gamberg said, thanks to information from the Internet chat rooms, he has identified the location of at least six "persons of interest" connected to the case.

"I believe there are other people who assisted in disposing of Tina (Sharp's body)," Gamberg said. "And I believe I have them identified.

"I have contacted some of them," he added. "I'm at the point where I've got enough information, I can go out and rattle their cage to see what I can get from them."

This article, with the alarmingly open statements of Detective Mike Gamberg and Sheriff Greg Hagwood, turns the page on how PCSO and others describe the entire case.

Yes, folks, this is a brand new day in Keddie. Smell the fresh air? Don't stand there, idiot, the pine sap is worse than gullsh*t.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Magnum PI » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:51 am

Holy Shit! About time!
Magnum PI

Postby dmac » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:21 am

damned glad to see you, Mags! I miss you, and your tireless wit ("I'm doing a double shift." )("my replacement has flu")

MAGS is one that really helped this case along, folks. Her enthusiasm is priceless.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Magnum PI » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:35 am

Miss you too D! Have had problems with my WiFi. And my friend you are the main reason this case has been kept alive! If this case is finally solved make no mistake! It's because of you and the efforts of others !
Magnum PI

Postby bliss » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Have not been on here in awhile but wanted to congratulate all the work some of you have been doing.
The newspaper article seems to be quite a statement to the public of actual effort on the case. Especially since they gave credit to a few online sites.
bliss

Postby saintpat » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:33 pm

I echo the applause for those "internet amateur sleuths" who have kept this case "alive" and made it impossible to ignore. And providing investigators with facts and timelines that are helpful in moving the case forward is a credit to those who have spent so many hours and so much effort to help find out what really happened.
saintpat

Postby dmac » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:14 am

Gamberg said "in 1981 there was a big question in the public about how trustworthy the cops were."

He said people in the community who had information were also shocked and scared. The Keddie murders changed the way people live to this day.

"People didn't lock their doors at night," Gamberg said. "My kids would have 15 or 20 friends sleeping on our front lawn during the summer. You know, just a big sleepover. ... After the murders happened, (the sleepovers) never happened again. The kids would not do it. They were afraid.

"So, if they were afraid, you can imagine somebody who has information regarding this case. They were possibly afraid to say anything for fear that they could end up like the people in cabin 28."

Gamberg said he wants people who have information about the murders to know they can trust him. "I've always been able to deal with people. They trusted me as a cop," he said. "I'm hoping that when they find out I'm working this case - and that I was trustworthy with them - they will come forward and talk to me."

Gamberg said he has also worked to gain the trust of people who have been offering information on the Internet.

Anyone familiar with my online persona regarding this case knows me to be an utter asshole [with the proverbial heart of gold], who is also most critical of my own mistakes, and the first to point them out (when I am able to spot them).

One of my biggest judgement errors in the entire six years I've researched this case is wasting time not trusting Hagwood and, finally, Mike Gamberg. I think I wasted about a solid six months of their time by being standoffish and obtuse. However, on the balance, it took Mike about a year to take up my offer of help. Obviously, due to decades of malfeasance regarding the coverup of the case, my initial suspicions were blatant and well placed. However, I'm happy to call their conduct in this case to be a true revelation. I'm appalled at my earlier (and hideous) behind-the-scenes shenanigans with Mike, and it's a testament to his stature as a cop and, at the core, as a human, that he withstood my earliest charms.

I was wrong, and I want anyone with ANY KNOWLEDGE related to the Keddie Murders to trust Mike. Even though he's from the PCSO of old, he's not the problem. He didn't run with those assholes.

This new article, which is tantamount to a press release, indicates Gamman is not only up to the task, but that the case never needed the help of the [righteous] Vidocq Society. As indicated in Hagwood's own terms, [even with our assistance and research] the fundamental info has always been there, and prior elements of corrupt regimes chose to further defile the victims in favor of continuing their lies and self-serving, fraudulent indulgences.

PS: I'm so glad to see your thanks, bliss. It means one hell of a lot, and I'm sorry things went sideways. You've been a true and solid source of direction, of compromise and collective reasoning. You've been a clear inspiration which I've lacked and needed over the course of this case.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby phoebe » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:07 am

This is awesome! Funnily enough for some reason I googled the case for news about 10 minutes ago and found the article and came straight here to see any discussion. It seems that the tireless work done by people here will pay off and the victims of this crime will be able to rest in peace at last. That really is one hell of an achievement in the face of the direst of adversity.

Fantastic :)
phoebe

Postby 7Scarlet » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:40 am

This is so good. I fail to find words to describe how good it is.

:have_a_nice_day:
'Confirmation Bias:' Find the evidence that supports your contention, and explain away or ignore that which doesn't.
7Scarlet

Postby Cowgirlsunni » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:25 pm

I actually cried. This is such good news. I hope more is forthcoming.
Cowgirlsunni

Postby truthseeker » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Right there with all of you. Great news indeed.
truthseeker

Postby budrfligh » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:06 am

I am so impressed with the news! I knew that it was possible to solve this case. Glad that the right people found each other and can set this right. I imagine keddie folk are in an uproar as the bomb drops.I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the first arrests! It has been a long time coming for sure.
This forum is proof that all of us amateur sleuths have potential. I believe that the dedicated work compiling this forum into a legible whole has been an enormous help. When you begin this case it was jumbled and out of sync. You compiled the info into something we could read in order. I was impressed with the enormity of that task.
I have not been around for more than a year in this forum. I have tried to study this case for a long time but it was to convoluted. Dmac this forum is absolutely amazing and priceless. Thanks for having me.
budrfligh

Postby Chichibcc » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:13 am

Reading this article was a pleasant surprise....I'm really blown away by these latest developments! Perhaps there is hope for some justice in this case after all :)
Chichibcc

Postby SuperHeroGirl » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:44 pm

I would like to echo what bliss stated. I haven't been around in many years and I am astonished at how far this case has come thanks to so many names I recognize from the original message boards as well as the people who joined after I left.

Dmac, your unwavering dedication and unimaginable amount of time you have given to this case is remarkable and admirable. I firmly believe you are the key reason this case is where it is today.

I have a million more posts to read through to get caught up but wanted to say what a phenomenal core group you all are and you guys have accomplished so much! I am so glad to be back among you all! I have a ton of questions but I want to make sure I'm fully caught up (because I'm sure most of them will be answered) before I ask.

:)
SuperHeroGirl

Postby Indigo » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:36 pm

This is such incredibly amazing news! And shows what dedicated "internet amateur sleuths" can accomplish. So often it seemed impossible that this would ever come about. Dmac & others refused to believe that & were determined to make a difference & keep this case alive & moving forward. I look forward to many more positive things to come!
O, what a tangled web we weave; When first we practice to deceive! ~
Sir Walter Scott
Indigo

Location: Standin' on a corner in Winslow, AZ (it's such a fine sight to see)

Postby Mamma_C » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:20 pm

Great article, great, great news! I've got goosebumps thinking that all the hard work that has been done here on this site is getting results - finally! Thank you Dmac for keeping us focused on what is really important, and headed in the right direction. Thanks to every one for their research and insight and for not giving up on this case!
Mamma_C

Postby Chichibcc » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Investigation Discovery (ID) has also posted on their FB page about the case this morning-hopefully, this is the start of more media outlets covering the case?

ID.JPG

Article link:

http://www.the-line-up.com/keddie-murders-cabin-28/
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
Chichibcc

Postby azucena » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:53 am

Huge kudos to dmac and others for the sheer amount of time, literally countless hours, spent researching WITHOUT the resources LE has at their disposal which moves things much more quickly. It is encouraging that as a result of that time spent, LE can now use much of the information gathered to actually investigate and hopefully, bring resolution to the case.
azucena

Postby SuperHeroGirl » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:54 am

Persons of interest

Gamberg said, thanks to information from the Internet chat rooms, he has identified the location of at least six "persons of interest" connected to the case.

"I believe there are other people who assisted in disposing of Tina (Sharp's body)," Gamberg said. "And I believe I have them identified.

"I have contacted some of them," he added. "I'm at the point where I've got enough information, I can go out and rattle their cage to see what I can get from them."

I haven't seen anyone ask this question but does anyone know or have any idea who the "persons of interest" or a list of "best guesses"?
SuperHeroGirl

Next

Return to keddie facts