Hey guys!

important threads and features, particularly for newbies

Hey guys!

Postby Missy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:46 am

I just want to make an intro here since I will probably spend more time reading than posting.
First and foremost, I want to say that many people here have uncovered so much interesting information and facts about this case. It really says a lot about this forum since this case is so old and so "cold". IMO it brings a lot of hope to other cases and it really won't allow anyone to ever discredit "armchair detectives" or Internet sleuths. Thanks for that!

This murder happened 2 years before I was born. I originally got interested in this case after I saw the movie "The Strangers". It was a pretty lame movie but it interested me enough to make me want to investigate the "true events" pitch it had. I discovered Keddie and I have been researching ever since.
This case gets under my skin. It is so bizarre and the twists and turns are unreal. I remember the old/new forums and the antics. I remember JH making the second documentary and the drama behind that and it being uploaded and removed from YouTube. Many things I have forgotten.

What brought me back was the article that was posted on Websleuths. I hope the new investigation brings some REAL answers, and not wild speculations.

I have an educational background in forensics (the computer kind...but I know some other things) and criminal justice/law.

Thanks for having me!
ETA:
I have been thinking about some things that kind of bother me.
Shielas lack of memory...it's like not even a lack of memory. She can't recall things that should be drilled in her head, like the color of Johns hair. I'm sure there are many other memories that she messes up, but that's one that stands out to me (I did see this in the "documentaries" and even though they're BS, it's still an interview and a hair color is probably not something she would lie about.
My next issue is Justin. Just the way he looks. He never blinks. He looks like a deer in headlights. Is it lying? Is it PTSD? AGAIN this is from the documentary, but probably something that's not easily faked, although it could be I suppose.
Those are two things I noticed from the docs that IMO are kind of telling. Like I said, I believe the docs to be crap, but interviews can be telling whether or not they're faked/lying.
Back to Justin...
IMO if the boys were awake (I'm not doubting they were, how the fuck do you sleep through that??) does anyone else think at one point they would have came out after things quieted to see WTF went on? This probably would have left their footprints in blood and maybe make it obvious things were moved. Also wouldn't one of the boys BESIDES JUSTIN say that Tina was missing?
This all leads me back to Justin and his "maybe" involvement.
Just some thoughts I have had. Sorry if discussed before.
Back to reading ;)
Missy

Re: Hey guys!

Postby dmac » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Didn't you go by the same name, but all lower case?

missy?

I swear I remember that name, no caps, and that you didn't post much but were active in chat?
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Postby bbragg » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:50 pm

I just don't understand about Sheila .she can't remember a lot of thinks.i was 13 when my brother was murdered and that was 53 years ago and I can remember almost everything that happened as if it was yesterday.it's like I can see it when the police came to the front door to tell my grandma.i know it was 2 state police .not county or city.shiela should remember all of this,it is like she doesn't want to say anything. her and her brother should remember .I know me and my brother talked about our brother.we still talk about it.
bbragg

Postby dmac » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:58 pm

apples to oranges to onions.

Sheila went through hell, and is a direct victim. Her dishonesty screwed us for years but I'm over it. Move on, please.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Missy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:15 am

Dmac-I don't think so. I was a member of the old forum but I'm pretty positive I never joined this one. I have used the same email for years and it never said I had an account.

I'm sorry I brought up Sheila, but it was just on my mind. I understand forgetting case details, but not everyday details. I'm listening to another interview and it's the same stuff....

Blah...just more to add to the pile of mysteries I suppose.
Missy

Postby dmac » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:23 am

I think the key with Sheila is she wasn't around until late Feb, so she was there literally just a few weeks prior to the murders. There are many details she wouldn't know, but she's hidden crucial details of a very troubled family. There's always going to be a degree of hiding skeletons in the closet, but in her case, if it has almost anything to with her family, she'll be vague, unresponsive, or dishonest.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Missy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:00 am

Thanks for your reply :)
Missy

Postby justice17 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:51 pm

:-??| Okay, I guess I need to look back on Sheila's statements...she mislead or held back information?

Sorry this is awful, but I read her book, and remember in the very 1st chapter, she talks about her Dad -------------, and also ------------ she was a child. That is pretty forthcoming! :-O
Justice for all
justice17

Postby dmac » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:32 pm

Not to be a censor, but I thought the details you gave were a bit too graphic.

Suffice to say, Sheila was pretty forthcoming in that chapter of the book, but it was written AFTER she left the forum. She was never so candid on this forum, or about anything related to the case and the situation within her family at the time of the murders.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby wild » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:43 pm

It seems most everyone involved in this case have very selective memories or they say something on 1 post then say the opposite on another. Guess people are more motivated to be honest when cash is involved. The people directly involved in this case and early LE are among the many reasons this case hasn't been solved. It's sad that it's taken 35 years and mostly outsiders to come up with plausible scenarios and this will ultimately solve the murders.
wild

Postby dmac » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:26 pm

I believe most muddled memories are due to lies. Look at the bizarre variations in stories and how they relate to the timeline, the murders, the ensuing alibis, and there is your answer.

As for motives for speaking: as is known, the Statute of Limitations will protect some, but not all.

Those currently talking. who've already delivered substantial info, are not in this for the money or recognition. Look at the hammer. That tip came from someone who considered it detritus until reading about Marty's "missing hammer". The tipper wishes to remain anonymous, and it's not about money.

So many of us here are anonymous and don't want individual recognition. What we've accomplished, as a whole, is already substantiated by Gamberg, Hagwood, etc.

We're an unruly lot, and what we've accomplished may (hopefully) become the norm, albeit with far fewer passages of purple prose.

In my opinion, those that care needed to trust LE more than anything. My bet is breaks that result in prosecutions won't be motivated by money.
reach me at

These users thanked the author dmac for the post:
Shellsbells (Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:02 pm)
dmac
Site Admin

Postby budrfligh » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:03 pm

I think we could give the survivors some leeway. I have ptsd and have researched it to help myself. Different people have different symptoms. I honestly think shock and trauma amnesia should be considered. That being said I also believe that family protecting family is definitely in play here. That will all come into the light now that this is heating up. Also kudos to Dmac for censoring some private details. That is her story to tell. Justin in the interview is showing agitation, avoidance , and blanks that were filled in with what people told him. Sheila appears defensive and closed off and I think that is because this is painful to be back at the cabin reliving the ordeal. She definitely controls the couch issue for instance. I am not sure it's deliberate or not. She walked into the worst nightmare imaginable that morning.

These users thanked the author budrfligh for the post:
Shellsbells (Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:28 pm)
budrfligh

Postby narmrn » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Somehow, despite reading literally hundreds of posts on this forum...I missed that Sheila Sharp had actually published her memoirs. I just looked it up on Amazon...and regardless.. I am going to buy it and read it. God Bless the victims of this horrific act. I just can't find it in my heart to be harsh w Sheila...she has been to hell and back...under circumstances none of us will likely ever experience....Sheila's losses include her innocence, her precious baby girl, her mother, brother and sister. She is a survivor.....and I applaud that she is even functional on any level. She deserves our prayers..not harsh intrusive criticism.

These users thanked the author narmrn for the post:
dntblvu (Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:34 pm)
narmrn

Postby Shellsbells » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:37 pm

I read the book. I think its great she wrote a book, But I think its too bad it was published where it was (The other book published is a little different than what Sheilas book was about :-X ::-| ) I felt some of things she says about her family provides a little back ground into what they were going through when they left Sue's husband, and the kids dad. But the book is more about her living her life, and coming out on top regardless what life threw at her. I can respect that.
Shellsbells

Return to for newbies