WE NEED YOUR DONATIONS NOW

Please read- it's not directly related to the case.

WE NEED YOUR DONATIONS NOW

Postby dmac » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:24 pm

My only computer is now dying, with multiple hardware issues. Within days, I'll be moving to a new location, leaving me without internet service for several months. This will make it impossible to update the site or continue research, as I'll only have severely limited internet access. I'd like to purchase a laptop to solve these issues: ►to back up data, programs, settings, etc. onto the laptop; ►to access the internet for extended periods at any hotspot, allowing me to update the site, do research, respond on the forum and to emails, and keep in contact with PCSO and media outlets.

I've set up a safe donation page at Generosity.com, which is an offshoot of Indiegogo that has no extra fees- apart from a small bank transfer fee (3% plus 30 cents per donation).

Here's a direct link to the DONATION PAGE.

Donations will be used to purchase hardware, getting resources for researching, paying for upkeep of the site and forum, and to reimburse others who've paid out of pocket to aid the research.

I'll be moving any day now (there have been complications in scheduling), and without a laptop my work will essentially stop. So please understand the need at hand, and please donate.

Regards-

dmac

PS- This request for donations is only coincidental to the article praising the work we've done. I've been telling friends, including several involved here, for over a month that I'm moving to where I won't have internet access at my new home, and that my PC is in the throws of dying. So, unlike others involved in the case over the years, this isn't an attempt by me to profit from the case. I think anyone familiar with me or the amount of work I've put in already knows that. I just BADLY need financial support to keep this project going, and to keep me online.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: WE NEED YOUR DONATIONS NOW

Postby Catcala » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:10 pm

So does this mean I should hurry and post my last 3 questions to get to 15 so I can have you upgrade me to a registered user before you go off internet service ow will you or someone else still be able to do this?
Catcala

Postby Catcala » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:14 pm

Well that was strange. From my end the last post showing under this donations heading is the first one where I asked you about when I got the 15 postings get put on full membership. Your reply is missing and the next one I wrote you is also missing. Did I say something wrong lol? I've closed out the page and relogged in several times.
Catcala

Postby dmac » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:47 am

No, I have no clue how any of the above happened. Where is my reply? I jokingly said, in my last post (now missing), that making a ton of posts doesn't get one to "full membership" status, that all full memberships are reviewed before being granted, and that I could move behind the ISP Curtain long before you should deserve anointment as a Full Member. Egads, the silliness in those terms would keep Benny Hill's show running for years.

I don't know what happened to the posts. I also don't know whay there is a 'quick reply' button on this thread, wen it's not seen anywhere else on the entire forum.

No worries, no concerns, our comments and jokes are kinda restored by how we dealt with the weird loss of those posts. I recommend diverting attention to my next post, which is going to cause one helluva stir, and cause another run for Grampers at local stores by those accused of involvement in Keddie.

PS I don't think any of this is remotely relevant to the donation thread, is it?

PPS I've decided to withold my breaking news until further review. I believe the info about to be released could, in fact, jeopardize further developments.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Catcala » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:25 am

Thank you for reply. First sorry about asking about membership. I had read in several places when we hit 15 posts to let you know. That's why I asked. Second, did you get my second post? I won't repeat the whole thing again here but it was the one about me asking you if you wanted to borrow my laptop until you could get another. I don't use it or rarely. Let's see if this post goes thru.
Catcala

Postby dmac » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:40 am

nope, never saw your post about the laptop. A used laptop could be a huge stopgap in the coming months.

You have my email address, seen in the signature of all my posts, do please contact me privately re: the laptop.

cheers-

d

PS the post I decided NOT to post is pretty damned f-ing Big News but, as I said, I believe PCSO can make more use of it by holding off and developing a few things directly attached to that info, which is why I held back.

It's already huge news, but I think they can wring much more from it before it's released publicly.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Catcala » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:46 am

P.S. I just saw I turned "blue"! Thanx! Second if you answer my last post but I don't respond it's cos my electricity went off. In middle of big ice storm/snowstorm/blizzard and there are power outages in town and my lights been flickering for last 4 hours. If it goes my wifi goes!

Ooh sounds interesting about the info-can't wait to hear that one!

I just saw your post so yes I will email from now on on that subject.

If this posts twice sorry. I hit submit and it turned red but I'm still in the reply section. Will hit post again
Catcala

Postby dmac » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:34 pm

I need a laptop, but it must have capabilities, otherwise it's an anchor

It must be W10 compliant. W7 at minimum. Working ports (I can't access my stick drives!), and must have working wifi.

To be blatantly honest, I will accept any laptop that connects to hotspots.

I need 40 gigs just to restore my research on Keddie. I hate laptops, so I would encrypt all that, but I need it at my fingertips to do real research, answer Qs, etc.

Should I repeat that?
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby justice17 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:36 pm

You will get a donation from me within the next couple of days. It's very little to ask for considering everything you
Have given to this case. :P
Justice for all
justice17

Postby nekogirrl » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:30 am

you might try an external hard drive for the keddie file info...but i sent in a donation. you deserve a kick-ass laptop after all the work you have put in on this case... :grin:
nekogirrl

Postby Chichibcc » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:25 pm

What about cloud storage for maintaining keddie files/documents, etc.? There are a lot of free options out there, including Mega, which offers 50 GB of cloud space. Full list here: http://freebies.about.com/od/computerfr ... torage.htm
Chichibcc

Postby dmac » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:04 pm

Yep, I have 99% of my Keddie data synced to several cloud services, but the key issue here is having immediate access, as I won't have internet access unless I get a laptop and go to the library. I understand even places like McDonald's now offer hotspots- which may give me cause to go to a fast food joint for the first time in years.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Cowgirlsunni » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:51 am

I've followed this case for a long time. Years. As far back as the original board and all the craziness there. I never have had much to say. Any questions or theories I've had have been answered somewhere in these forums. I've watched Dmac work endlessly and tirelessly on helping to solve this case and to keep things real. Finally, finally all of us have a real chance to help out and make a difference! It makes me happy to know I can do some small thing such as give a donation to help this board stay alive at a very critical point in the investigation! OMG there is ACTUALLY an investigation! I believe this has come about because of Dmacs and so many other's selfless work and the desire to bring the still living perps to justice. Please.. if you are a member, maybe just lurking around reading case files and trying to sort through the BS ( such as the Loonibi) please consider donating a few dollars to the cause. I plan to donate more next week when I can. I am not sure how fast this money is needed, but I get the feeling it is as soon as possible. Let's all help. We can do this!
Cowgirlsunni

Postby Magnum PI » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:36 pm

As usual I'm late! Just signed on, are you already gone Dmac?
Magnum PI

Postby dmac » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:08 pm

Nope, I'm having difficulty finding the right window of opportunity to make the move. As of yestarday, I'm planning on going the end of April.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Salem » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Doesn't look like generosity takes paypal? Anyone else use paypal?
Salem

Postby Cowgirlsunni » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:43 pm

I do. I wanted to use it for this but it wouldn't let me.
Cowgirlsunni

Postby dmac » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:04 pm

Sorry, PayPal isn't an option. It's a matter of anonymity on both sides (donator, donatee), charges, security.

I spent a long time deciding which platform to use. I'd used PayPal in the past and, frankly, didn't enjoy the experience. Generosity is the cheapest platform, has never had security issues (it's an offshoot of indiegogo), both parties remain anonymous according to their choice.

I also like that others can see the donations totals building, so everyone knows where the drive stands.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby JEP » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:11 pm

I tried several times to donate with no luck. I even had my kids try to do it and they couldn't get it to work either. Any suggestions?
JEP

Postby dmac » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:06 pm

The site is slow because the server this site is on is having major issues. It's taking over a minute to load each page. This began about 9 pm PT last night, and is effecting all sites on the host's servers. That it hasn't been fixed already is worrisome. For the moment, it's a waiting game.

If the problem persists, it's likely it won't get fixed. I've seen other signs the host is failing. If that's the case, I'll need to use funds raised for the laptop in order to buy other hosting services. That will mean more money spent, several days with the site completely offline, and a buttload of wasted time and added aggravation on my end.

Again, it's easy to see why this fundraiser is happening.

Please help out if you can.

Don't forget to join this site's Facebook Page. I'll be keeping case watchers updated there while issues here continue.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Next

Return to HELP PRINCESS