Back Door of 28 Was Left Open by the Killers

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

Back Door of 28 Was Left Open by the Killers

Postby dmac » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:12 pm

In another thread non-members can't access, I've long been arguing with myself whether the back door of 28 was left ajar by the killers. To cut a long story short, the back door was left open.

Shaver wrote:"[Jamie] then went into the house through the open rear door. He was trying to determine if anyone else was there. He checked all the other rooms & found no one other than the bodies in the living room. He then left closing the rear door behind him."

According to Jamie, the back door was ajar/open when he climbed the back stairs. He entered through the already-open door, and left the same way, closing the door behind him.

So, anyone who noted the back light on at the cabin (4am, pink cabin 24) either missed the door was also open, or the door was left open later. I've long believed the killers didn't exit 28 for the last time until around 5am.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: Back Door of 28 Was Left Open by the Killers

Postby aeffects » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:11 am

Yes, two suspects carrying the now kidnapped daughter would be hard pressed to close the backdoor while navigating those stairs upon leaving.

And why travel to Camp 18? With a corpse or kidnap victim? Immediately after or soon thereafter the murders?

Do the two prime suspects (as we know them now) have ties with Camp 18? Ie, had personally done time there? Any resident of Keddie proper at the time have ties?

Thanks!
aeffects

Re: Back Door of 28 Was Left Open by the Killers

Postby dmac » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:16 pm

It would have been easy to leave carrying Tina if one person carried her, but hard to maneuver the stairs if two were carrying her. Where two people come in handy is trying to maneuver the swinging bridge with a body, even as lightweight as Tina. I've been over the bridge, and I think two would have pulled it off much easier.

As for C18, I briefly joined a Keddie forum back in 2006 and spent most of my time questioning Loon and debunking assholes like Craig. I asked her about Bo and Marty, and specifically about Marty's hunting/fishing habits. Yes, she said, Marty loved to disappear for hours camping, hunting, fishing. None of that matters as I don't have direct quotes, and know she was still actively incriminating Marty at every step.

Bo would have been least likely to know the area where Tina was dumped. Then Marty, as he'd been in the area the next-least amount of time. Then Dee, then Tony. Tony is, to my knowledge, the most avid outdoorsman / fisherman of the bunch. Lots of people, incl Loon/Meeks, have said the town of Feather Falls was a place where Marty/Dee etc went to get or drop drugs. FF is several miles from C18.

I've been to C18, which I've posted about elsewhere. I knew where it was thanks to researching with Google Earth, and I had maps, and still got lost. Anyone can accidentally find C18, but not many would easily make their way out.

It's easy to conclude someone who roughly knew the area could easily get in, dump Tina at a remote location they weren't really familiar with, and get back out. Given other oddities going on, including unlikely things surrounding the "finding" of Tina, I'm currently inclined to believe at least one person knew the exact location well. If they didn't know on the way, they remembered it.
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Return to keddie facts