NEW RULE Marilyn Smartt Musgrove is in the House

facts surrounding the Keddie Murders, for beginners and up

NEW RULE Marilyn Smartt Musgrove is in the House

Postby dmac » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Marilyn is now a member of this forum. Don't question or badmouth her. Do NOT speak to her unless she directly asks. Let her speak. We've done enough shouting and not enough listening.

Despite questions you may have, nobody will tolerate them now. Don't get me wrong, this rule is forum-wide.

Anyone who breaks this rule willfully will be banned from the site. discuss away on so much other shit, but not this.

Marilyn joined the forum, so it's time to listen. No arguments, I mean LISTEN. As in "shut the fuck up and..."

dmac
"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
reach me at
keddie28 AT gmail DOT com
dmac
Site Admin

Re: NEW RULE Marilyn Smartt Musgrove is in the House

Postby Marilyn Musgrove » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:31 pm

Thank you... I have been reading some of the old posts from the JH forum, one of the questions was, why did I stop posting? I stopped because I was being attacked and accused. I went on the forum for help to jog my memory. I so desperately wanted to remember events of that night so the case would be solved, and everyone would have closure. Justin and I have lived with this nightmare for over 30 years and it has taken it's toll. Please help us, don't attack us. We are not protecting anyone or hiding any truths. JH had to proove to me that Marde was dead before I would even talk to him, meaning, show me his obituary. He did, I did his Q&A documentary, I was not impressed...

Have a blessed day (:
Marilyn Musgrove

Postby Marilyn Musgrove » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:56 pm

I willingly submitted my DNA to the investigator working on this case last year. I have since talked to him by phone ( yesterday in fact) and everything checked out OK. If someone would like to ask me a question, feel free to do so...

have a blessed evening ( :
Marilyn Musgrove

Postby Shellsbells » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:10 pm

Marilyn,

Thank you for your willingness to answer our questions. I appreciate it. And for saying (and doing) that you willingly submitted your DNA.

What are your feelings about the new evidence found? Does the hammer look familiar to what Marty had?
Have you had any new memories crop up that you hadnt remembered before?
This might have been asked before, but do you have any clue as to why Bo and Marty wanted you to tell the police that Bo was your uncle? Why would it matter if he was your uncle or a friend of Marty's?

This is more a question for Justin, but since he is not here, and you know him..

I know Justin was going to write a book, and was working with the writer guy. Has any memories come to light since working with the memories?
What did Justin mean, if you know or what you think he meant, when he said something along the lines of, 'when the truth comes out and we know who did it, it will blow every ones minds, And its not who every one thinks.'

Thank again.
Shellsbells

Marty and Doug

Postby dmac » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:12 pm

Some months ago, Doug Thomas spoke of his deep friendship with Marty and how they spent countless hours in his squad car on 'patrol', and how he would counsel you two with your marriage problems.

Marty told his VA therapist, in his confession, about his friendship with Thomas, and how he even lived with Doug briefly during a particularly rough patch.

We also heard from neighbors that, just prior to the Sharps moving in, Doug Thomas was living in 28 with his latest wife.

What's your take on this, and did Marty stay downstairs at 28, in the room that eventually became Johnny's?

You and Marty came to Keddie about the same time the Sharps came to Plumas. How did Doug and Marty become such fast friends, when one was a corrupt sheriff lying about drugs, and the other an asshat drug dealer?

Also, what about Marty's strange infatuation with Sue? It must have driven him even crazier that Sue was sleeping with Dareyl just yards away from your bedroom window in the days leading up to the murders. We know Sue was the target, but why?
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Marilyn Musgrove » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:33 pm

The hammer does not look familiar to me. I checked out the picture via the internet. I really don't think Doug Thomas and Marde were friends, if they were buddies I was unaware. When I went out to talk to Doug that morning, Marde told me to tell them that Bo was my uncle (my mothers brother). I asked why? He said, because Bo is not supposed to be here. He said Bo didn't want anybody to know he was in Keddie and not in the VA mental ward. Bo didn't want his sister to know. I didn't question any further. After I left Keddie (went to the Meeks), I told Doug the truth about Bo not being my uncle.I didn't even know Doug lived in Keddie ever.

As far as Justin's book, I don't know anymore than you do and I don't know what he meant about the truth coming out. Justin has tried to put this behind him and doesn't like to talk about it.

As for me, I don't have any new memories. I'm not even sure if the memories I do have aren't a result of to many discussions with other people, for example, staying with the Meeks so soon after the crime. I hope I answered your questions, I am trying to figure things out also. I'm seriously thinking of Hypno theropy.for myself...

Have a blessed evening ( :
Marilyn Musgrove

Postby justice17 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:56 pm

Hi Marilyn,

Do you think Marde had "a thing" for Sue?
Justice for all
justice17

Postby dmac » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Where did Bo and Marty originally meet? We know it wasn't at the VA, and that Marty and Dee and Bo all lied about accidentally meeting at the Reno VA. The VA has several records for Bo at other hospitals (we now have them, too), but that Bo was never even an outpatient at the Reno hospital, much less an in-patient. We also know the story about Bo being afraid of his sister is complete BS, that in fact Bo often used the VA to hide out after a crime spree. We also know Bo and Marty met up at their love nest at the Arcade flophouse in Klamath right after the murders, and that Marty threatened a buttload of people about returning to Quincy to "finish what [he'd] started". It's also when he sent you that later about "burning the memories". This was right before they hooked up with Chenault in Milton-Freewater, hooking up with a circus that took them south back through CA, UT, AZ, and into TX where they hung out briefly that summer.

Speaking of VA records, we believe at least one of the stabbers cut themselves. Did Marty or Bo cut his hand that night? Because Bo's VA records indicate he had a scarred right hand which he said he got from a knife.

We also know Marty and Bo had addresses about 30 miles apart in the late 80s (in S Carolina), and that Bo and extended family (including his sons, Marty's age) were all carnys. Bo and Marty did not meet at the VA, that hookup was arranged. Bo wasn't sleeping on your couch to get mixed up in the murders, but those four dead bodies sure screwed up the real plans. What were they?

We know Marty was fired in early March, and that going to the VA was a scheme he and Dee planned to try to con the VA out of more money. Dee was trying to get all vets he knew to pull that PTSD crap. We also know Martell and Mike in 13, and Karl and Michelle in 15 were evicted in March for pushing drugs. Is that also why Marty was fired? When did the Albins serve the eviction notice on you at 26?

Have you seen the photos of the guys leaving 26 at noon on Sunday to go dump Tina's body at Camp Eighteen? Look here. Who did the big green sedan (parked in front of your Pinto) belong to? Marty lied to LE when he said the swinging bridge was locked, which typically means he was actually telling them he and Bo or he and Dee or Tony took Tina out of Keddie over the bridge so they could safely pick up her body later.

Lots more stuff to point out when asking Qs, but that's enough for now. I've been typing and reading since about 11 am. Time for a movie and sleep.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Marilyn Musgrove » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:52 pm

Marde told me he met Bo at the VA, if they met somewhere else or they had known each other before I met Marde, I'm unaware. I looked at the photos of the cars, I didn't recognize them. The only green car I remember is Wades. I believe it was a green pontiac? I do know it was a big green car. He still had it when he went into the Navy. It was left with his mother. I never knew for sure where Marde went after the murders untill several years later when Dee gave Skip and I the paper from Chico with a picture of Marde as the town crier. After that I never heard about or where or what Marde did. To my knowledge Marde didn't even know Sue...

Have a blessed day ( :
Marilyn Musgrove

Postby dmac » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:57 pm

No memories of Marty being fired and why? Or everyone else being evicted for drugs? Or your being evicted from 26?

And it's well established both you and Marty knew Sue. Your memory isn't that bad. Both you and Marty are on the record several times about knowing Sue, being in 28 before the murders, etc.

And is this Wade's big green Pontiac at the bottom of this picture?

grn_sedan_k-11_4_aerial.jpg
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby dmac » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:40 pm

I've looked around, and the green 2-door fastback sedan seen in this photo is a good match for early 70s Pontiacs (such as the 70-72 era of LeMans, Tempest, etc). A few Pontiac models shared that very idiosyncratic front end, with the contoured hood leading to a pointed, rectangular 'bullet' nose. Pontiac, to my knowledge and memory, is the only maker from that era to have such a pronounced design, matching the hood and contours seen in this image:

K11-4-810414-0507-aerial.jpg

Something else is the changing accounts you've had over the years about when you were picked up on Sunday, the 12th. You've most often said it was early, other times it was evening. How exactly did that go down? Who picked you up, what time, who was still at 26 when you left? Where were Marty and Bo that day before you left?

And did you notice cuts on their hands (from my last post)?
You must be a member of the Keddie Forum with 15 approved posts to view the files attached to this post.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Marilyn Musgrove » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:47 pm

Marde never held a job for more than 4 months, because he couldn't get along with waitresses. He had a temper and would throw things and yell at the waitresses. I'm truely sorry for my bad memory. The car look's like Wades. Nina said she came to pick me and the boys up that day. She had a yellow wagoneer I think. I thought it was Wade that came to pick us up but maybe it was Nina and she drove Wades car. It seems to me it was after 3:00 pm and we wondered why the bodies hadn't been removed. At least we didn't think they had been removed. I don't know who was at cabin 26 when we left. If Marde knew Sue it was just in passing because neither of us hung out with her.

Let me inform you about me... I have suffered with mental illness almost my entire adult life. I wasn't properly diagnosed until 2001, when I was then properly diagnosed and put on the proper medication that keeps me stable and thinking straight. I'm Bi-polar and have chronic depression. I don't want your sympathy but maybe it will help you understand my memory loss...I don't know... I'm trying to answer your questions as best I can...

I don't recall any cuts on anyones hands... I don't know where Marde and Bo were, I just wanted to get my boys and myself the hell out of there...

Have a blessed day ( :
Marilyn Musgrove

Postby dmac » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:16 pm

Maybe this will help... so long as you're logged in you'll now be able to see all the photos I mention.

I once had several of the photos and documents Josh stole, including some aerial photos (I returned everything Josh sent to PCSO). According to stamps and ID marks on the backs of photos, and according to my own calculations explained here, those photos were taken just before noon on Sunday. Both cars were parked in front of 26 at the time (on opposite ends of your Pinto). Both cars also left at the same time.

In fact, Dee's car is seen in several photos, sneaking out the BACK WAY rather than passing in front of 28 or the lone patrol car parked in front. These several posts first call out the fact the same cars are seen parked there, then leaving concurrently. I eventually identify the car seen going out the back way as a green 1978-80ish Ford Fairmont wagon, which is what Dee owned- and loaned to you at 26.

The funny thing about that car is it's physically impossible to put a 22 rifle anywhere in that car as Dee, Bo, and Marty described. It can't be hidden under the seat, behind the seat, between the seats. Anyone who brings up that 22 is covering for the Daisy 880 pellet rifle actually used in the murders.

Back to the cars. It's believed Dee, Bo, Marty, etc., left Keddie around noon to dump Tina at Camp Eighteen. We also know all stories of them going to Reno are BS. You don't pick up car parts in Reno on a Sunday, and Bo sure as hell did not visit the VA on Sunday: #1, he still was never a patient at the Reno VA, and #2 that VA was flat-out closed to outpatients on Sundays. So anyone claiming they went to Reno is lying about them dumping Tina at Camp 18. Another thing is, either direction they went, it would have taken 3-4 hours each way to get from Keddie to C18, which places Marty back at the Meeks house (as is claimed over the years) at roughly 7pm, give or take an hour.

So my Q about the cars is why were Wade and/or Mama at 26 at the same time as Bo, Marty, Dee, etc? And why did everyone leave at almost exactly the same time?

Also, I know this is old skool Qs, but what do you recall about what exactly was found downstairs, and what was found over at the playhouse? I've got photos I took of both, here and here, which may jog your memory.

As for when you and the boys left 26, Justin had this to say to LE back in 1981:

And then I woke up, the next morning. And then I had to go over to the Seabolts'. And they said that someone was
    murdered in the house. And Sheila said she thought it was Ricky and her mom and Tina. Sheila and Ricky had to talk with the, with one of the deputies, and then I had to. Then Sheila, Ricky and Greg left to their uncle's, and then I went home and got my mom, then she came out and we spent the day at Keddie, then we left that night. At Nina's house, we spent the night.
reach me at
dmac
Site Admin

Postby Shellsbells » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:15 pm

Why weren't you told about what happened by police? I think its so weird that they took Justin out of 28, then talked to him and all that without you. I would think the cops would have contacted you somehow to come where your boy was so he would have a parent present. But the fact that all this happened, and no one got you, his mom, to be with him.

Im not saying it was something you did wrong. I would have thought the cops would have come to get you. If it was me, and my son was in this house while 3 people were murdered, and one missing, I would be LIVID and throwing a fit with the cops that no one told me what my child went through.
Shellsbells

Postby lynabus » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:55 pm

Hello Marilyn. Thanks for coming here and giving us insight on some of these questions.

I understand all to well about bipolar, it kicks you when you're down. I hope some of these
questions and photos will help jar your memory.

I have a question for you.
You have stated that you and Marde only knew Sue in passing.

How did you know that Sue wouldn't go with you, Marde and Bo
to the Backdoor Lounge?

I did tell him, I did'nt think she would go but that I would ask. As I suspected, she did'nt want to go. I do believe she was already dressed and ready for bed (possibly relaxing after the kids went to bed), but can't swear to it. She was however, sitting on the couch working on something. I returned to M&B and we continued down to the lodge.
lynabus

Postby wonderer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Marilyn welcome!

I know its been awhile but can you remember if Justin saying over was an organic idea or pre planned? And was Casey suppose to stay as well or definately home with you that night?
wonderer

Postby Marilyn Musgrove » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:57 pm

I don't know why the pcsd did'nt come to me to inform me of the crimes..Justin just came that morning and said the sheriff wanted to talk to me ( about 8:30am), I asked him why, and he said because everyone was dead. I told him that was not a good joke to play on me and he said, look outside, there are cops at Sue's. I did, and was shocked.. I went with him and sat in Doug Thomas's car with Justin. I trusted the police, I didn't question them.
Marilyn Musgrove

Postby Marilyn Musgrove » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:11 pm

Call me old fashioned but, I didn't know Sue well enough to ask her to go out for a drink and possible dancing. I felt weird about it. I only knew her because of the kids playing together, but I obeyed Marde and did what I was asked to do. I only stepped into the house,remained by the front door asked.. She said no and I left.
Marilyn Musgrove

Postby Marilyn Musgrove » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Justin just stayed the night with Ricky and Greg as they often did. Casey was supposed to stay the night with the Seabolts but the plans changed because Mrs. Seabolt said he was a boy. He was friends with their youngest daughter, she felt it would be improper so he stayed home that night. Keddie used to be a safe place until that night, so, after Casey was asleep, we went down to lounge for a drink,planning to be gone only about an hour.

have a blessed day ( :
Marilyn Musgrove

Postby Marilyn Musgrove » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:27 pm

That looks like Wade Meek's car. The boys shared the bedroom by the bathroom Marde and I had the room off the kitchen. Is the playhouse behind the big shed past cabin 26? The cops went with me to playhouse and asked me about the boards on the floor. It was a very small building behind the big garage type building up on the hill. Remember the Meek's,the Sharp's and the Lakes' all new each other long before I knew them. I met Nina at the college. I met Wade at the Lake's, I met the Lake's through Marde. I wasn't close with any of them before the murder's.
Marilyn Musgrove

Next

Return to keddie facts